Home Forums Music 2018 Grammys Ceremony Reaction

2018 Grammys Ceremony Reaction

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 658 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +21 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodriguez
Gucci
Rinolo Twenty..
  • Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

Despacito was really the biggest snub this 60th Grammys with no wins.

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

When the ceremony started I was glad that they were doing good choices, like in the rock field and ‘Feel it Still’ over ‘Despacito’, but then what the fuck happened?

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think last night proved that the voters will choose what they want, regardless of how the Blue Ribbon Panel tries to rig it (unless the Bruno win is what they really wanted?)

Happy for Bruno Mars and his wins, and for those hating on him, his album produced 2 of the most inescapable hit songs of the past year (24K Magic and That’s What I Like), so I don’t know why you’re acting like its undeserved. Also, I think his Album speech really expressed what he wanted the album to be and what it was— a fun, funky throwback record. Not all music has to have a deep, meaningful purpose to be liked, respected, or awarded.

I only have one issue with Kendrick Lamar not winning Album of the Year. That issue is having to listen to all the Lamar-hype AGAIN for his next album, which I assume would have ended had he won this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! As always, Kendrick Lamar had the best album out of all 5 of the nominees. The reality is, Bruno Mars’ album fucking sucked. Having 2 hits, should NOT justify an AOTY win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so Mad …. Furious that Kesha Lost …. Her song was the best of the year and she should have won everything most certainly the only place she wasnt snubbed.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

At the time of the “Premiere Ceremony,” I was amazingly predicting everything correctly except for Rock and Alternative Music Albums, where my 5th place predictions won, and then for Country Solo Performance and Country Song I underestimated Stapleton’s appeal. But then Portgual The Man stopped Despacito and should have been a sign of things to come. 24K Magic was nowhere near as good as Unorthodox Jukebox, as far as I’m concerned, so I am amazed that it got so much more attention, especially by the Grammys. And I do get the #GrammysSoMale thing, as Ed Sheeran winning over 4 women for Pop Solo performance (including my personal favorite Pink, who gave yet another amazing performance) and Sarah Silverman losing to Dave Chappelle really undermined the statements a lot of the presenters were making about gender equality.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Nate.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you must be drunk as a skunk. Kesha’s song is a complete shitfest. Her vocals are abysmal. She deservingly lost.

ReplyCopy URL
    Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

Overall, the Grammys were a mixed bag. Here are my thoughts on the wins. When it came to some of the wins at the pre-show, I was surprised that The Weeknd won Urban Contemporary Album again. He did have a number one song from the album, however, I thought given the acclaim of Childish Gambino and SZA over the past year that one of them would have prevailed especially the latter.

In Alternative Music Album, I did not expect that win from The National. For anyone who watched the pre-show, did you see that win coming? As for Rock Album, after Cage the Elephant winning this category last year, I thought there was a possibility for another upset with Queens of the Stone Age winning over Metallica instead of TWOD. I also thought that the Grammys would play it safe and go with the big veteran which is Metallica. I guess some voters in the Rock committee don’t care to give out the award to the big name veteran rock acts such as Weezer and now Metallica.

For the other wins, I was glad to see “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man win Best Pop Duo/Group Performance over Despacito (Remix), if it was just the original version of Despacito with Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee nominated over the remix with Bieber, I would have been fine with a win, just not a fan of Bieber. I figured in the recent days leading up that “Feel It Still” would win because it seems like a song that a lot of Grammy voters would gravitate towards.

I wish that the wins in Record, Song and Album of the Year were more spread out. I am wondering how cool it would have been to see Humble with Record and 1-800 win Song knowing they would have been the first hip hop songs to win in those categories. I am happy for Bruno Mars and his wins, I did not expect him to have an Adele type sweep. I thought at best he would have won just Album and then Record and Song would have gone to other artists. Still happy for Bruno and Kendrick Lamar for their wins, they both had a big year.

I also wish that Pop Solo Performance could have been the place for a big upset from Kesha, Pink, Gaga or Kelly.

The other wins I liked were Aimee Mann, Lisa Loeb, Reba, Lin-Manuel Miranda for “How Far I’ll Go” (Moana), Childish Gambino, Carrie Fisher and the country field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Bruno Mars’ win for Best R&B Album prevents “Finesse” from competing next year?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Bruno Mars’ win for Best R&B Album prevents “Finesse” from competing next year?

The remix is eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Just like I accurately predicted a Bruno sweep, I also predicted a drop in the ratings: they’re 21% down this year.

This was one of the most unsuccessful years for the Grammy’s. Hopefully they’ll stop playing games in terms of nominations next year, and keep politics out of the show.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Great show last night!
    Just my thoughts on the performances:
    Kenrick, Bono, and the Edge: A+
    Lady Gaga: A+
    Sam Smith: A
    Little Big Town: A
    Jon Baptiste and Gary Clark Jr: B+
    Luis Fonzi and Daddy Yankee: A+
    Pink: A+
    Elton and Miley: A+
    Childish Gambino: A+
    Bruno and Cardi B: A+
    Sting and Shaggy: A+
    DJ Khaled and friends: C+
    Brothers Osbourne, Eric Church, Maren Moris: A
    Kesha, Cyndi, Camilla, Bebe, Julia, and Andra: A+
    U2: A
    Ben Platt: A
    Patti Lupone: A+
    SZA: A+
    Chris and Emmylou: B+
    Logic and Friends: A+

Overall, I’d give the whole show an A grade (would have been A+ but the subway skit was annoying)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I think last night proved that the voters will choose what they want, regardless of how the Blue Ribbon Panel tries to rig it (unless the Bruno win is what they really wanted?)

Happy for Bruno Mars and his wins, and for those hating on him, his album produced 2 of the most inescapable hit songs of the past year (24K Magic and That’s What I Like), so I don’t know why you’re acting like its undeserved. Also, I think his Album speech really expressed what he wanted the album to be and what it was— a fun, funky throwback record. Not all music has to have a deep, meaningful purpose to be liked, respected, or awarded.

I only have one issue with Kendrick Lamar not winning Album of the Year. That issue is having to listen to all the Lamar-hype AGAIN for his next album, which I assume would have ended had he won this year.

this comment wins!

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh and random but I couldn’t help but notice that they had James go through a couple of suit changes and only one suit really fit him well. You would think they would have taken care of alterations

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s kind of shady to televise an absent Ed Sheeran beating out 4 women, especially in this climate. But I guess they really didn’t have many female winners. It’s probably why they televised rap/sung, because Rihanna.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 658 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammys Ceremony Reaction

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.