Home Forums Music 2019 American Music Awards

2019 American Music Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 625 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
kingofrapmusi..
Pauly Antonio
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I just think it’s funny how she mentions this now, in-between two song releases.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

I just think it’s funny how she mentions this now, in-between two song releases.

I know, right? And everyone still believes her. I mean, it could be true (the whole situation), but now she is clearly using it to promote new songs.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

I know, right? And everyone still believes her. I mean, it could be true (the whole situation), but now she is clearly using it to promote new songs.

Could be true??? Bitch please… open up your eyes and realize that this is real? It literally happened with Ariana at the Grammys… if it was fake then Scott and Scooter would speak up and deny all of this, but they didn’t! Why you ask? Because they are misogynistic towards Taylor Swift and know exactly what they did. Even if it does help with her songs that’s she just released it doesn’t dismiss the fact that what Scott and Scooter did is wrong and if you can’t see that then there is genuinely something wrong with you mentally!

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

Its been a little over 2 weeks since they announced her, and the idea of a career medley was always up in the air during those 2 weeks. (This is just me) But I fail to believe that they realized this issue NOW.

Um maybe because they were negotiating? Are people seriously thinking she planned all of this for the Cats song lol? Especially since this news is overshadowing it. Why didn’t she do this during Grammy voting? Or right before the Grammy committee met? Why “waste” it now to make people talk about the Cats song for a few days when Oscar voting isn’t anytime soon?

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re wasting time. Ariana Grande fans are delusional and hypocrites. They don’t know the red lines that transcend stan bases. Everyone knows that I don’t like Ariana, but at the very least when she had that issue with the Grammy’s I did say they shouldn’t have told her what to perform and it was wrong. And when those stans were saying she was murderess because everyone close to her dies, I reported them and asked for them to be banned (and they were). Grow up guys, these issues transcend whatever stan war there is between ariana and ts or whatever nonsense. It is simply wrong to block an artist from performing her own songs in a performance that’s designed to actually celebrate those very songs.

That’s where you’re wrong. The producers have chosen the songs and artists for THEIR show for the last 30 years. Unless you’re Adele or Madonna or that level, you don’t get to choose. If she didn’t agree, she can decline. Instead she wanted to make it seem like she was a victim of oLd WhItE mEn!!!11 when in truth it was standard procedure.

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s commonsense guys. He works for her, not the other way around. You really think that if tomorrow he turns out to be a rapist and his reputation becomes detrimental to Grande that somehow she can’t fire him because of the contract? Of course she can. Never heard of a manager contract that forces the artist to be managed by them lol.

It’s not the same. Being a r@pist, and being a capitalist scumbag are not really the same two things..

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

This is just fan-made excuses. Ariana could drop him if she wanted to. She won’t. Because Ariana isn’t a real feminist and she’d love to use his power in the music industry for her advantage. Oh and let’s stop with Bad Blood MV. Katy wasn’t even name-dropped like all the exes of Ariana in her song you know. And comparing a fictional music video about a feud to the action of banning an artist from performing songs they wrote is really delusional of you. It’s easy to talk about feminism in tweets, but to take a difficult stand like this one with actual consequences is hard.

Why should Ariana drop Scooter? How does the onus of being a “feminist” by dropping him, lie on Ariana (and Demi) simply because another woman (Taylor) feels she got the short end of the stick in legal contract negotiations?

It isn’t really a feminism issue just because a woman is involved. The thing is: unfair record deals, and unfair contractual terms for artists (the root of all this drama) are not and have not been unfair for women specifically; they have been unfair to male AND female recording artists since the beginning of time. We’re talking Michael Jackson, Prince, etc. Taylor is fighting an old issue which affects men AND women.

I don’t see why you hate Ariana so much to make such unfair criticisms towards her. Edit: And also, even though I disagree with you, even if Ariana and Demi should drop Scooter, why expect only the women to do so? That doesn’t seem very feminist of you. If anything, it should be men AND women who should drop Scooter if that was morally necessary.

dan
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Machine Records is denying her claims https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/big-machine-records-denies-taylor-swift-claims-scott-borchetta-scooter-braun-1203406009/

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Dan.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  Dan.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Machine Records is denying her claims https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/big-machine-records-denies-taylor-swift-claims-scott-borchetta-scooter-braun-1203406009/

B.S PR move. They’re basically saying “we’re not really blocking her from performing her songs, provided that (1) she doesn’t re-record her songs in the future and (2) doesn’t continue to talk about us negatively”

It’s basically what she said. They’re playing on wording. Yes if you’re imposing conditions that you know she can’t accept, you are definitely blocking her.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

B.S PR move. They’re basically saying “we’re not really blocking her from performing her songs, provided that (1) she doesn’t re-record her songs in the future and (2) doesn’t continue to talk about us negatively” 

They didn’t even have the decency to say that. All they said was: “At no point did we say Taylor could not perform on the AMAs or block her Netflix special”.

Not mentioning at all about her being able to perform or use her songs that THEY own. The fact that they didn’t deny that just shows how she’s right.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

BM and Scooter Braun are such low-life scums and liars.

TS team issued another statement:

“The truth is, on October 28, 2019, at 5:17pm, the Vice President, Rights Management and Business Affairs from Big Machine Label Group sent Taylor Swift’s team the following:

‘Please be advised that BMLG will not agree to issue licenses for existing recordings or waivers of its re-recording restrictions in connection with these two projects: The Netflix documentary and The Alibaba ‘Double Eleven’ event.’

“To avoid an argument over rights, Taylor performed three songs off her new album ‘Lover’ at the Double Eleven event as it was clear that Big Machine Label Group felt any televised performance of catalog songs violated her agreement. In addition, yesterday Scott Borchetta, CEO and founder of Big Machine Label Group, flatly denied the request for both American Music Awards and Netflix. Please notice in Big Machine’s statement, they never actually deny either claim Taylor said last night in her post.

“Lastly, Big Machine is trying to deflect and make this about money by saying she owes them, but an independent, professional auditor has determined that Big Machine owes Taylor $7.9 million dollars of unpaid royalties over several years.”

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  M.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

For all of the idiots who were claiming that TS timed this for her single release.

The second statement puts your crazy conspiracy theories to rest. Scott Borchetta denied her request to perform the songs at the AMAs yesterday, the same day she decided to call them out publicly.

JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I miss the old forum, we didn’t have this kind of bullshit. Where are the old users? Power, DC, Oscar, etc
    I can only recognize M and Gucci

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I have toyed and edited my predictions too much so this is what I’m sticking with from the ones I feel confident in to least:
    Pop/Rock Duo or Group: Panic! At the Disco
    Music Video: Taylor Swift
    Tour of the Year: BTS
    Soundtrack Album: A Star Is Born
    Social Artist: BTS
    Electronic Dance Music Artist: The Chainsmokers
    Contemporary Inspirational Artist: Laurn Daigle
    Pop/Rock Song: Panic! At the Disco
    Country Male Artist: Thomas Rhett
    Artist of the Year: Ariana Grande
    Country Female Artist: Carrie Underwood
    New Artist: Lizzo
    Alternative Rock Artist: Imagine Dragons
    Soul/R&B Album: Ella Mai
    Soul/R&B Song: Lizzo
    Soul/R&B Male Artist: Bruno Mars
    Rap/Hip Hop Song: Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus
    Soul/R&B Female Artist: Lizzo
    Rap/Hip Hop Artist: Drake
    Country Song: Dan and Shay
    Adult Contemporary Artist: Pink
    Country Duo or Group: Florida Georgia Line
    Collaboration of the Year: Old Town Road
    Pop/Rock Female Artist: Taylor Swift
    Pop/Rock Male Artist: Drake
    Rap/Hip Hop Album: Meek Mill
    Pop/Rock Album: Taylor Swift
    Country Album: Dan and Shay
    Latin Artist: Ozuna

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I miss the old forum, we didn’t have this kind of bullshit. Where are the old users? Power, DC, Oscar, etc
    I can only recognize M and Gucci

I’ve been here for almost eleven years now. I don’t know how old that is though in the grand scheme.

I saw this quote at another forum that I go to concerning the situation with Taylor: “Scott Borchetta told my team that they’ll allow me to use my music only if I do these things: If I agree to not re-record copycat versions of my songs next year (which is something I’m both legally allowed to do and looking forward to) and also told my team that I need to stop talking about him and Scooter Braun. I feel very strongly that sharing what is happening to me could change the awareness level for other artists and potentially help them avoid a similar fate. The message being sent to me is very clear. Basically, be a good little girl and shut up. Or you’ll be punished. This is WRONG.”

This link takes you to the write up where that quote can be found.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/taylor-swift-american-music-awards-scooter-braun-scott-borchetta-1203405629/

My only question is how much are Scooter and Scott really asking of her if they are only asking that her songs not be re-recorded? To me, if she can’t meet them halfway, finding herself empty handed is what she may as well get herself prepared for.

God bless you and Taylor and Scott and Scooter always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 625 total)

The topic ‘2019 American Music Awards’ is closed to new replies.