Home Forums Music 2019 Billboard Charts (Part 2)

2019 Billboard Charts (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 458 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
38 mins ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
M
emba_91
  • Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

Fingers crossed Lizzo eventually gets #1. I feel like Top 2 is guaranteed next week, but Senorita is going to be a very strong contender to take down off the top spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is getting that #1 next week.

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like next week will be close between Truth Hurts and Señorita but it will go to Truth Hurts by a slim margin.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Today is a sad day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe Shawn and Camila can spare us the steamy performance now.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Today is a sad day.

Truly… two racists on Top. EEK!

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is getting that #1 next week.

Please God!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello – Senorita
    2. Billie Eilish – Bad Guy
    3. Lizzo – Truth Hurts
    4. Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
    5. Lil Tecca – Ran$om

Billie and Tecca are both 17, Lil Nas X is 20, Shawn Mendes is 21, Camila Cabello is 22. Major W.

ReplyCopy URL
    dan
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

so are they gonna break up now?

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

M is obsessed with ariana and shawn. too bad they are huge pop stars

This is the ignorant racist idiot that you stan. You must be proud of yourself. Mind you he sent this at the age of 18. There are many other instances of racist behavior by him. Google it. But I guess you thirsty gays/girls just give him a pass “cuz he’s cute”

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait is that…the racist tweet everyone is mad about?…lol. What exactly is offensive about him talking about afros? This is coming from a black guy

I wasn’t going to say anything but yeah. If that’s what’s people are talking about then I don’t get the hate. This is coming from a black guy with an afro.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we just be upset that “Señorita” isn’t that good and beat better songs to #1 and stop reaching for stupid reasons to hate Camila and Shawn?

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t personally believe Shawn to be racist, especially if the primary argument is the afro Snapchat. That post is, in no way, remotely racist. His “light skin girls >>>” tweet was a little less tasteful, but I wouldn’t deem it a blatant example of racism either. However, I would consider his documented use of the N-word in past tweets as insensitive. His apology, although fairly lackluster, seems appropriate and it would be absolutely ridiculous to crucify someone for slightly problematic behavior they exhibited when they were a teenager when he did actually take responsibility and apologized.

On the other hand, there is legitimate proof of Camila Cabello repeatedly using the N-word in a derogatory manner, specifically towards former band-mate Normani. Beyond the cyber-bullying, she also posted a rape joke a few years back. As I stated before, individuals should be given the opportunity to grow and acknowledge that their behavior was problematic. However, her “apology” from 2018 lacked any sincerity and basically articulated that she didn’t feel the need to do so because the internet is a critical place. She has truly never taken responsibility for her disgusting internet presence as a teenager and I doubt she ever will. If anyone should be receiving flack in this situation, it should be Camila. The fact that she is taken seriously as an artist by anyone is a embarrassment to the music industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

On the other hand, there is legitimate proof of Camila Cabello repeatedly using the N-word in a derogatory manner, specifically towards former band-mate Normani. Beyond the cyber-bullying, she also posted a rape joke a few years back. As I stated before, individuals should be given the opportunity to grow and acknowledge that their behavior was problematic. However, her “apology” from 2018 lacked any sincerity and basically articulated that she didn’t feel the need to do so because the internet is a critical place. She has truly never taken responsibility for her disgusting internet presence as a teenager and I doubt she ever will. If anyone should be receiving flack in this situation, it should be Camila. The fact that she is taken seriously as an artist by anyone is a embarrassment to the music industry.

The “proof” against Camila has been repeatedly debunked as twitter accounts admitted that they had faked the images back when the scandal broke out in 2015. One of the fans admitted he did it because he wanted to upset Camila fans (as this was when Camila’s first solo project occurred).

She has repeatedly voiced her support for the BLM movement and has included protest images and visuals in her shows in the past. She donated her proceeds for Havana to dreamer organizations. I can understand not being a fan of someone but there is no need to perpetuate untruths just to bring them down.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 458 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.