Home Forums Music 2019 Billboard Charts (Part 2)

2019 Billboard Charts (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 481 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
M
emba_91
  • emba
    Participant
    Topics:

Kworb sales predictions

Truth Hurts 45k – the discounts, two remixes and merchandise paid off
    Senorita 25k
    YNTCD 24K
    Lover 24k
    OTR 20K
    Good as Hell 19k
    Bad Guy 17k

I think #1 is basically a lock for Lizzo

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

That Lizzo performance slaps. I’m bewildered that the boring Señorita performance is even making waves.

I’m bewildered people think Shawn & Camila are a genuine couple.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    emba
    Participant
    Topics:

That Lizzo performance slaps. I’m bewildered that the boring Señorita performance is even making waves.

It helps to be the most talked about moment of the night. Lizzo was great but no one was tweeting about what a “crazy VMAs moment” that was – just that she was solid.

I’m more shocked at the views for Motivation – although her performance was lip synced, Normani’s dancing was crazy intense and I thought it would have blown up online. She was the second most tweeted about during the show but her performance is not even in the top 4 videos. Missy, Taylor and Rosalia have more views and its currently tied with Slide Away.

Motivation appears to be moving up the Pop charts (I believe its entering the Top 25 this week) but Kworb’s Billboard Radio estimates has it far out of the top 100 – will it build an audience outside Pop Radio?

ReplyCopy URL
    emba
    Participant
    Topics:

Motivation shouldn’t have been Normani’s lead single. I still think the song is generic and too reminiscent to old Beyonce songs. It doesnt represent anything that she has to offer as an artist at all. The song is freefalling on Billboard and streaming platforms. It was cute for a minute thanks to the incredible dancing but the actual song is…meh.

The video is great but I agree the song is meh. I still don’t know what kind of artist she’ll be. Normani’s a great performer but she’s never really stood out vocally to me and I don’t know what her sound will be.

Do you think the fact that radio stations are adding it and it’s moving up the pop charts will translate into success on the Hot 100 or is it too far behind on streaming and sales?

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Motivation is an Ariana Grande reject (hence the credit, she probably cut it and didn’t like it). What did you guys expect? Of course it’ll free fall. If it was any good, she would’ve kept it for herself.

ReplyCopy URL
    emba
    Participant
    Topics:

Motivation is an Ariana Grande reject (hence the credit, she probably cut it and didn’t like it). What did you guys expect? Of course it’ll free fall. If it was any good, she would’ve kept it for herself.

I’m just confused because there’s been a lot of Normani talk but the numbers aren’t reflecting it (except for the Pop Charts and Radio Adds).

Will those two be enough for Normani to get a solo hit?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not a reject. Ariana and her team wrote it with Normani for her.

You’re so obsessed with Ariana that you bring her up every time you can. It’s pathetic.

ReplyCopy URL
    emba
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not a reject. Ariana and her team wrote it with Normani for her.

You’re so obsessed with Ariana that you bring her up every time you can. It’s pathetic.

Actually, the song was originally written for Ariana but she didn’t choose it and then Normani worked on it a bit with the producers and made it hers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually, the song was originally written for Ariana but she didn’t choose it and then Normani worked on it a bit with the producers and made it hers.

Can you please link me to it? Cuz the only thing Normani said is that Ariana worked on the album, prior to the song’s release.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Normani:
    “The record was pret­ty much done when I first heard it. The label had pre­sent­ed it to me, but you nev­er know what’s going to hap­pen with these things. It’s a weird sit­u­a­tion: I’ve been mak­ing music for sev­en years but this is my [first time ven­tur­ing out solo]. I was look­ing for some­thing upbeat: a song that would let me show­case every­thing I’m capa­ble of from a per­for­mance stand­point, and with this song, I realised I had the oppor­tu­ni­ty to do that. Ari­ana wrote on the record, and she was super excit­ed when they told her that I went in to lis­ten to it. She was so encouraging”

Ariana said a couple of months ago she had been writing specifically for other artists when she finished her album. She probably wrote it and then Normani finished it.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Hahahaha.

Thanks Normani for confirming it was an Ariana reject. I knew.

Enough with the BS that Ms Grande “writes for other people”. It’s clear she cut it, got credit as usual for minor tweaks and didn’t like it.

And how Normani has a songwriting credit on this even though she said it was “pretty much done” when they sent it to her, just shows what I mean by getting credit for few tweaks. It’s not uncommon, in fact it’s VERY common.

I bet they even sent her Ariana demo LOL

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    ArianaG_Fan13
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s funny that @Boz is constantly complaining about other stans (Swifties, Gaga fans) while he is thd most delusional, annoying Arianator. We are not all like @Boz. Everybody knows Ariana doesn’t usually write her songs but her vocals are beautiful and that’s where she shines. Can we now move on. Either way @m, Ariana is getting into SOTY, ROTY and AOTY for her mega-smashing criticcly-acclaimed album.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

@arianag_fan13 I respect that.

And I never said Ariana wasn’t going to get in the GF. I have her in my predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s funny that @Boz is constantly complaining about other stans (Swifties, Gaga fans) while he is thd most delusional, annoying Arianator. We are not all like @Boz. Everybody knows Ariana doesn’t usually write her songs but her vocals are beautiful and that’s where she shines. Can we now move on. Either way @m, Ariana is getting into SOTY, ROTY and AOTY for her mega-smashing criticcly-acclaimed album.

If you’re gonna have the audacity to come for me then you better bring some facts to the table. There’s literally proof that yes, Ariana writes her own songs. Alone? Probably not, but she’s heavily involved in whatever the fucks she ends up releasing. If she was randomly getting credits for everything she did, then why are half of the Sweetener tracks not written by her? Or why doesn’t she have a writing credit on Rule the World?

We’re not going to get into this, and frankly I don’t have the need to argue with an account that has 2 posts and one of them was saying Perfect was winning SOTY. You’re delusional, and along with M, irrelevant to these forums. The only reason he’s even paid attention is because he constantly shows how bothered he is by anyone that’s not Lady Gaga or Ed Sheeran (or apparently now Taylor Swift… yikes) and because he tries (and fails) to copy Gucci.

Make sure you never tag me again (or if you will, at least make sure you do it correctly…).

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

NFR is projected to debut a #3 behind TOOL and Table…

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 481 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.