Home Forums Music 2019 Billboard Charts (Part 2)

2019 Billboard Charts (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 454 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
7 mins ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
M
emba_91
  • nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

Thats… not promo. LOL the music video? Everyone has a music video? They did one interview about it they never even spoke about the song or preformed it until the VMAs. Compare it to their last collab- they preformed that song together 90 times did countless interviews award shows etc. they could’ve easily done a vertical video remix or Spanish version. Or camila could’ve went up on stage for shawns tour and preformed it like Bradley did at Gaga’s show and it would’ve gotten attention. But they didn’t do any of that so yea. A couple ads and a music video ain’t doin it LMAO jus sayin

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

Define barely. It had a ton of ads, a music video, a live performance, a whole fake-ass relationship (which drives up interest in them), interviews, etc…

Wow, the delusion! Since when it is promo to have a music video. Señorita reached #1 and broke multiple Spotify records before the VMAs. There were no major interviews and like, every pop star had ads when they release a song. Señorita’s success is natural and it’s records were broken because of the song and its hype.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t the whole point of music videos to promote the chosen single? it’s the most basic promo that everyone does, to the point it doesn’t seem like promo anymore

ReplyCopy URL
    nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

Senorita is a monster I can’t even imagine if it had a proper promo run. I feel like they dropped it just a fun little follow up to “last summer” and didn’t have any plans of it turning into this but wow.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

“I Don’t Care” takes over radio airplay for the first day ever, as “Talk” drops to #2 after 76 days on top. It looks to be short-lived, as “Senorita” is gaining strong and should take over radio in the next few days.

Radio Audience – 9/2
    I Don’t Care – 142.84
    Talk – 142.67
    Senorita – 136.01
    Truth Hurts – 129.71
    Sucker – 111.33

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

Whether other artists have videos and banners it not doesn’t change the fact that it is still promo

Again if you look at my original comment I said barely promoted. There were no major interviews, no live performances, no talk shows, no radio tour.

ReplyCopy URL
    nicole94
    Participant
    Topics:

Part of me thinks senorita will be done once the summer goes… I feel like it won’t have a ton of longevity. Where as truth hurts probably will stick around for a while. But there aren’t many big releases on the horizon (I guess angel is coming but Ariana’s last release was so anti climactic….. and her team made it seem like it was a total smash coming to dethrone OTR)

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Its probably safe to say Billie is gonna be #1 on Billboard’s YE chart for albums, maybe even artist. I dont think Taylor is gonna outsell her anytime soon in the states.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m curious to see how Post’s new album and Camila’s new single/album (don’t exactly know which is coming) impact the charts in the next few weeks. Post will really shake up the top 10 I think.

Part of me thinks senorita will be done once the summer goes… I feel like it won’t have a ton of longevity.

I don’t think it helps that one of the artists is releasing new music.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

This week’s #Hot100 chart will be announced tomorrow (Sept. 3) in observance of Labor Day.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Senorita’s work is done. It broke damn near every Spotify record, went #1 in 35 countries, garnered half a billion streams and views in less than 3 months…There’s not much else it can really achieve at this point in terms of commercial success. It was probably the biggest Pop song released this year honestly.

Nice joke.

Anyway, why are Shawn Mendes stans flooding these forums recently?

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

objectively it is the biggest
    globally it’s topped Apple, itunes, and Spotify for 10 weeks each.
    And it’s the only english-language video to top Youtube multiple weeks this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice joke. Anyway, why are Shawn Mendes stans flooding these forums recently?

Not a Shawn stan, just an avid chart watcher. OTR was undeniably the biggest song this year in the US but it did not make the same impact globally. On a global scale StayPressed is right, Señorita is the biggest song of the year so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard Hot 100

1. Lizzo – Truth Hurts

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Congrats, Lizzo!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 454 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.