Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,109 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
MaxTwentyFive
Oscar Rodrigues
Gucci
  • MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

From now on, I will ban Xtina from posting in this forum because you always keep posting stupid comments that embarrass everyone. If you don’t want to talk about Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, and Kendrick Lamar, then just go away!

Also, please to everyone no bad words and offensive photos in this forum.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people can say whatever they want, but I do agree that Xtina goes too far sometimes and acts like a total biotch.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    MovieManiac405
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith could ABSOLUTELY get in Album of the Year next year… it’s like an Adele album – safe, great vocal, selling well, love songs/sad songs, nothing too edgy… obviously they love Sam if they gave him 4 Grammys for his debut.

I think it’s gonna be a pretty sad nomination morning next year for Taylor Swift… This is coming from a solid Taylor Swift fan: Reputation is her weakest album ever. I have tried to get into it more, but honestly, only half of the songs on it should have made the final cut. SO. MUCH. FILLER.

“Delicate” is far and away my favorite track, and the only song I could see getting any special recognition next year. So good.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Ed Sheeran will submit the remix version of Perfect?

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Zzzzzzzzzz

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Kelly may be snubbed in 2019 if her era isn’t long enough to be remembered by September. P!nk is selling well, this era will be long as usual, she’s a lock. Taylor is a lock because of her sales, but I don’t think she’ll win because the Grammys have to look less biased and their favoritism for her is pretty obvious. Sam could be nominated but it’s not a sure thing. Timberlake will be nominated if he releases an album, which he probably will, and he’s always a good seller, I don’t think it’ll be different this time. Ariana can be nominated too.

No way Kelly will be snubbed. She got a nomination this year in one of the most crowded categories, so they like her there’s no doubt.

Plus, Coldplay got a mom this year for a very normal/bad album. Kelly has a far better album and the Grammys enjoy her just as much as Coldplay (probably even more).

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Kelly may be snubbed in 2019 if her era isn’t long enough to be remembered by September. P!nk is selling well, this era will be long as usual, she’s a lock. Taylor is a lock because of her sales, but I don’t think she’ll win because the Grammys have to look less biased and their favoritism for her is pretty obvious. Sam could be nominated but it’s not a sure thing. Timberlake will be nominated if he releases an album, which he probably will, and he’s always a good seller, I don’t think it’ll be different this time. Ariana can be nominated too.

No way Kelly will be snubbed. She got a nomination this year in one of the most crowded categories, so they like her there’s no doubt. Plus, Coldplay got a mom this year for a very normal/bad album. Kelly has a far better album and the Grammys enjoy her just as much as Coldplay (probably even more).

I just think she could be forgotten if this era doesn’t last. If she doesn’t release more singles, even with their big love for her, she could not make the top 5.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, why are you bitches so concerned about Xtina? Get a fucking life and stop obsessing over me. Can’t no Taylor Swift loving douchebag ban me. You all can lick my twat!

ReplyCopy URL
    cnmem10
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL was curious where all the sad Swiftie Dusters were

ReplyCopy URL
    Alexandra
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith could ABSOLUTELY get in Album of the Year next year… it’s like an Adele album – safe, great vocal, selling well, love songs/sad songs, nothing too edgy… obviously they love Sam if they gave him 4 Grammys for his debut.

I think it’s gonna be a pretty sad nomination morning next year for Taylor Swift… This is coming from a solid Taylor Swift fan: Reputation is her weakest album ever. I have tried to get into it more, but honestly, only half of the songs on it should have made the final cut. SO. MUCH. FILLER.

“Delicate” is far and away my favorite track, and the only song I could see getting any special recognition next year. So good.

I disagree. Reputation and 1989 are polar opposites. I know people who legit hated her music before who love Reputation. The album is more of a r&b / edm vibe. 1989 was pure bubblegum pop. The two albums are apples and oranges. The “better” one really depends on the type of music you prefer. The two albums are 2 different to be directly compared. “End Game” seems to be the most popular song on the album and could get a nom if it does well which I think it will.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Tell Me You Love Me definitely deserves at least Pop Solo Nomination in 2019. It’s the first song I actually like from Demi Lovato.

ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL was curious where all the sad Swiftie Dusters were

Pls give us some time to mourn Goddess Taylor’s losses. We will be back before you know it!

ReplyCopy URL
    leon375
    Participant
    Topics:

you don’t do it for me anymore by demi lovato is the only grammy worthy song from her album which sucks because there are no hits on this album just generic and filler music i hope Taylor wins some grammys in 2019 she is the real deal people; a composer,an instrumentalist and a lyricist while Demi is a great vocalist that’s all.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor Swift will release any more singles from Reputation. She understands that Billboard Charts are sort of broken right now, and sales just don’t matter anymore. She also understands that releasing singles that don’t peak at N1 is bad publicity for her that would make her album look like a flop. So she’s probably content with the sales figures of her album which are still pretty strong (#1 for the third week in a row).

I won’t be surprised if she withholds her music from the Grammy’s this year, like Drake, Frank Ocean did. She could argue that this is a personal record for her fans only and doesn’t seek any recognition/awards for it, since she’s won two AoTY awards already. I think that would be a wise decision.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor Swift will release any more singles from Reputation. She understands that Billboard Charts are sort of broken right now, and sales just don’t matter anymore. She also understands that releasing singles that don’t peak at N1 is bad publicity for her that would make her album look like a flop. So she’s probably content with the sales figures of her album which are still pretty strong (#1 for the third week in a row).

I won’t be surprised if she withholds her music from the Grammy’s this year, like Drake, Frank Ocean did. She could argue that this is a personal record for her fans only and doesn’t seek any recognition/awards for it, since she’s won two AoTY awards already. I think that would be a wise decision.

How do you know that she won’t release more singles? Her all albums have at least five singles and the last two albums have seven each.

Yeah, 1989 was very good at Billboard Hot 100 but she is an ALBUM SINGER. Not hitting number one has never stopped her releasing new singles and her all albums are kind of personal ones since she writes all the songs. I think, with 15 songs, Reputation will probably have seven singles total.

It looks like you don’t know her personality. Grammy nominations are very importnat for her and make her happy and excited. She is the last artist who would withhold her music from the Grammys. The only award show she refused to submit any entry is 2016 MTV Video Music Awards as I know. She didn’t want to send the music video of Wildest Dreams.

The singles don’t have to hit the top. They help to increase album sales. If it doesn’t work out with Reputation, she would probably stop releasing a new single after the fifth one.

Your logic doesn’t make sense when it comes to Taylor Swift.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.