Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 458 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel Terel ..
Xtina
Oscar Rodriguez
  • TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure about Swift’s general field chances, either. I doubt she can get into ROTY or SOTY without a smash, and AOTY could happen or not.

She didn’t get any general field noms for Speak Now, her first album after winning AOTY for Fearless (although I think this was, in part, because her people stupidly submitted “Back to December” to SOTY instead of “Mean”). It’s possible that she repeats and doesn’t get any general field noms for her first album after winning AOTY for 1989.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miguel Terel Kabigting
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure about Swift’s general field chances, either. I doubt she can get into ROTY or SOTY without a smash, and AOTY could happen or not.

She didn’t get any general field noms for Speak Now, her first album after winning AOTY for Fearless (although I think this was, in part, because her people stupidly submitted “Back to December” to SOTY instead of “Mean”). It’s possible that she repeats and doesn’t get any general field noms for her first album after winning AOTY for 1989.

End Game might get to ROTY!

MtlKabigting

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

She doesn’t have a single that’s strong enough to get into the General Field unless End Game turns out to be a smash (and not based on hype like LWYMMD). If she does get AOTY, she’s losing.

Perfect is already the first legit SOTY contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, honey! The way things are going, Taylor Swift won’t get any General field noms. Yay!
    Reputation will be forgotten about a year from now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re being too generous, Reputation will be forgotten way before that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

For Your Grammy Consideration Next Year, behold “I’m Not Racist” by rapper Joyner Lucas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gm3CJePn0

#ImNotRacist

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

For Your Grammy Consideration Next Year, behold “I’m Not Racist” by rapper Joyner Lucas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gm3CJePn0 #ImNotRacist

I mean first of all, the white person’s arguments just don’t make sense at all and are very stereotypical. The black person also said some inaccurate things. Issue is, I don’t view this as a conversation between a typical white person and a black person or a bridge between the two races. I view this as a debate between two racist people. I doubt the Academy will reward this.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so just discovered that Thirty Seconds to Mars has an album coming out soon. On the radio it said 2018. So I’m pretty psyched since that’s the only rock album I’ve heard about for this around besides Bruce.

Fall Out Boy are releasing their album in January

Radio said 2020 for them. That’s awesome news

ReplyCopy URL
    BreakerofChains
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder how the writing credits would be treated for “Perfect (Remix)”. Beyonce doesn’t write her own music but instead changes a few words or just adds her name for writing credits. Yet that hasn’t stopped her from getting nominated previously. However, with this song everyone can see that the pronouns were changed (due to the gender change)

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re being too generous, Reputation will be forgotten way before that.

I do not remember an album going by the name Reputation by an artist named Taylor Swift ever existing in history.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Bon Iver did a live-debut of a new song a few days ago. That could mean that the follow up to 22, A Million isn’t far away. That album was nominated for Best Alternative Music Album and Best Recording Package.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like Gaga is coming back with more country music this year:

http://ew.com/movies/lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-music-songwriters/friends-in-high-places

People who attended the screening said the music was similar to what we’ve heard in Joanne but much better. It’ll probably be submitted for AoTY next year. But it’s not going to be a cohesive album since it “included many genres”.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Taylor Swift’s Reputation is most-likely going to be nominated for Album Of The Year next year. It turns out in these four weeks at least, it’s not commercially less successful than albums like Lemonade and Views. It was N1 for three weeks, and now projected to sell 100k SPS in its fourth week, which is close to Lemonade and Views sales in their fourth week.

It also received generally favorable reviews. Only reason it would be snubbed, is if they pull another diversity scheme and exclude artists based on their race again…

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Taylor Swift will release any more singles from Reputation. She understands that Billboard Charts are sort of broken right now, and sales just don’t matter anymore. She also understands that releasing singles that don’t peak at N1 is bad publicity for her that would make her album look like a flop. So she’s probably content with the sales figures of her album which are still pretty strong (#1 for the third week in a row). I won’t be surprised if she withholds her music from the Grammy’s this year, like Drake, Frank Ocean did. She could argue that this is a personal record for her fans only and doesn’t seek any recognition/awards for it, since she’s won two AoTY awards already. I think that would be a wise decision.

How do you know that she won’t release more singles? Her all albums have at least five singles and the last two albums have seven each. Yeah, 1989 was very good at Billboard Hot 100 but she is an ALBUM SINGER. Not hitting number one has never stopped her releasing new singles and her all albums are kind of personal ones since she writes all the songs. I think, with 15 songs, Reputation will probably have seven singles total. It looks like you don’t know her personality. Grammy nominations are very importnat for her and make her happy and excited. She is the last artist who would withhold her music from the Grammys. The only award show she refused to submit any entry is 2016 MTV Video Music Awards as I know. She didn’t want to send the music video of Wildest Dreams. The singles don’t have to hit the top. They help to increase album sales. If it doesn’t work out with Reputation, she would probably stop releasing a new single after the fifth one. Your logic doesn’t make sense when it comes to Taylor Swift.

ReplyCopy URL
    leon375
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Taylor to win a song and record of the year or best pop solo.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 458 total)
Reply To: 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.