Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,109 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
MaxTwentyFive
Oscar Rodrigues
Gucci
  • Oscar Rdrgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Then who’s winning ROTY? Taylor with her flops? An underwhelming and underperforming Kendrick song with The Weeknd?

For now its either Finesse or God’s Plan

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Then who’s winning ROTY? Taylor with her flops? An underwhelming and underperforming Kendrick song with The Weeknd?

For now its either Finesse or God’s Plan

Drake is not getting ROTY! It’s either Delicate or Finesse for ROTY!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

many months to go, so.

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

Then who’s winning ROTY? Taylor with her flops? An underwhelming and underperforming Kendrick song with The Weeknd? For now its either Finesse or God’s Plan

None of the above. Drake is not getting anywhere near the Big 4 categories!

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Just heard the news that Taylor Swift’s next single from Reputation album will be Delicate. This could be ROTY and SOTY contender.

We’re probably not getting any major ROTY and SOTY contenders for the next few months. Certainly not Swift, whose recent singles have been dead on arrival.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rdrgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Delicate is not getting a ROTY nom. Try again.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Delicate is not getting a ROTY nom. Try again.

Then, Delicate could get SOTY instead of ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, let this Taylor Swift shit go. The bitch is D.O.A. Therefore, she’ll be relegated to the Pop field. That’s that!

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, let this Taylor Swift shit go. The bitch is D.O.A. Therefore, she’ll be relegated to the Pop field. That’s that!

No! That’s not true.

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Dj Khaled just released a song with Beyonce, Jay – Z and Future.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor isn’t getting nominations for Pop Solo or DG, let alone Record or Song. I wouldn’t be surprised if she only gets one nomination this year for Pop Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Daddy Yankee version of Havana is eligible, it could be a contender in Pop/Duo. That also depends on the longevity and industry support of Camilla’s debut album.

I don’think they would reconsider a song that was submitted for the previous year unless it becomes a big hit like “Happy”. They also showed how much they like Daddy Yankee at this year’s ceremony. His existence won’t help the song, though.

They rarely give a chance to another version of a song that already submitted. I don’t think Havana is that big. I think they’ll go with Camila’s new single, which is slowly rising on the charts, if they want to nominate her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rdrgs
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprise if they nominate the Havana remix, but she should really consider just releasing a “remix” with Young Thug that sounds a lot like the original (like the “live” versions, or the Darkchild version of Stay With Me).

Never Be The Same is shaping up to be a modest to big hit. I’ll place money on it getting over Havana, since Pop Solo is so weak this year. I actually think two ex-5h members will get noms:

Camila Cabello:
    Pop Solo – Never Be The Same

Normani:
    R&B Performance – Love Lies (w/Khalid)

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Havana, but the Grammys would be such a joke if artists like Camila Cabello (or Dua Lipa or Bebe Rexha) are nominated!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see non-successful singles by Kelly Clarkson, Pink and Sam Smith in Best Pop Solo. One slot would probably go to Ariana Grande and the other one is up in the air. I can see Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift being shut out of the category (unless there is really no one else).

I’m looking forward to a decent pop album in this window. Hopefully there’ll be a breakout artist or a good release from among the following artists: Ariana Grande, Avril Lavigne, Carly Rae Jepsen, Meghan Trainor, Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes, Florence + the Machine, Twenty One Pilots, Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber (?). I’m also hoping for Beyonce/Rihanna to drop their albums!

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Dj Khaled just released a song with Beyonce, Jay – Z and Future.

I thought u were joking and looked it up and yeah wow so this was interesting…in a bad way. DJ Khaled needs to stop using his child as a prop too…cute idea for the title of the album but this kid is going to go everywhere with him isn’t he.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.