Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Award Discussion

2019 Grammy Award Discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,109 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
MaxTwentyFive
Oscar Rodrigues
Gucci
  • Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, “Say Something” is already forgotten about.

Says you, queen Gucci. I did not know that Donald Trump had resigned his presidency and that Mike Pence wasn’t next in line, it was you. Must’ve missed the memo.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammys 2019 Predictions March 2019

Record Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect
    4.Bruno Mars Ft Cardi B- Finesse
    5.Dua Lipa- New Rules

Song Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect

Album Of The Year

1. Taylor Swift- Reputation (It’s not going to win)

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Record Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect
    5.Dua Lipa- New Rules

Song Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect

Album Of The Year

Get real! New Rules and Havana cannot be nominated anymore next year because they were submitted already for the 60th Grammys. Ed Sheeran’s Perfect can’t be nominated in ROTY because he already won Best Pop Vocal Album for Divide last January 28. He can only nominate the duet version of Perfect next year. Taylor Swift may take AOTY depending if there will be no good successful music albums in the next few months. But, I hope Ariana Grande or Beyonce upcoming new music will be successful. Taylor Swift’s Delicate will likely not get nominated for ROTY, but it may get SOTY. But, I feel she may win SOTY. Let You Down is a good hiphop song, but it may be snubbed in the General field as well as Drake’s God’s Plan!

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok I just listened to Camila and it surpassed my expectations! The album is not Grammy-worthy per se, but it is definitely way more deserving of a nomination than Craputation or Man of the Woods. Delicate is going to flop. Taylor Swift needs to move on with her next album already! (On a side note, now I wished SZA submitted Broken Clocks – that track is a bop!)

Ariana Grande might have a best year with her upcoming 4th album.

I hate to break it to you, but Ariana Grande became one of those “slutty” pop singers that the Academy don’t like. With “Side To Side” (a generic pop song about walking side to side from too much sex) just ruined her image in the eyes of the Academy.

I doubt she’ll be considered. She’s in the Britney Spears category now.

On a sidenote, Beyoncé & Jay Z are releasing a joint-album this year. They may dominate the next Grammys nominations.

She was nominated after Side to Side became a single (and after she performed it live several times). She’ll be fine. If they still nominate other “slutty” (such a dumb term) singers, she can make it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Let You Down will be the token “deep rap song that never wins” SOTY nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves is releasing a new album next week. It won’t get anywhere near the GF, but I expect it to get into Country.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Cardi B just announced her new album will be out in April. Could it make an impact?

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

Record Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect
    5.Dua Lipa- New Rules

Song Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect

Album Of The Year

Get real! New Rules and Havana cannot be nominated anymore next year because they were submitted already for the 60th Grammys. Ed Sheeran’s Perfect can’t be nominated in ROTY because he already won Best Pop Vocal Album for Divide last January 28. He can only nominate the duet version of Perfect next year. Taylor Swift may take AOTY depending if there will be no good successful music albums in the next few months. But, I hope Ariana Grande or Beyonce upcoming new music will be successful. Taylor Swift’s Delicate will likely not get nominated for ROTY, but it may get SOTY. But, I feel she may win SOTY. Let You Down is a good hiphop song, but it may be snubbed in the General field as well as Drake’s God’s Plan!

Katy Perry’s Firework was nominated for Record Of The Year in 2012 even though Teenage Dream was nominated for Album of the Year in 2011. Oh and Taylor is not winning a Grammy next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Record Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect
    5.Dua Lipa- New Rules

Song Of The Year

1.Camila Cabello- Havana
    2.NF- Let You Down
    3.Ed Sheeran- Perfect

Album Of The Year

Katy Perry’s Firework was nominated for Record Of The Year in 2012 even though Teenage Dream was nominated for Album of the Year in 2011. Oh and Taylor is not winning a Grammy next year.

Taylor might win SOTY for Delicate, but not AOTY for Reputation. Her best chance for Taylor Swift to win in next year’s Grammys are Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Pop Solo, and SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

It must be one of the worst years for Best Pop Solo. There is no eligible #1 hit so far. Another slow year for pop.

Halsey – Bad at Love (#5 on BB Hot 100)
    Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#19)
    Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me (#53)
    Dua Lipa – IDGAF (#71)
    Pink – Beautiful Trauma (#78)/Whatever You Want (-)
    Taylor Swift – …Ready For It (#4)/Delicate (-)
    Kelly Clarkson – I Don’t Think About You (-)
    Sam Smith – Pray (#55)/One Last Song (-)
    Charlie Puth – How Long (#21)
    Katy Perry – Hey Hey Hey (-)
    Lady Gaga – Joanne (-)

If Ed Sheeran releases the 5th single, it would be a frontrunner for Pop Solo nomination since what he does instantly becomes poplular recently. It might be Supermarket Flowers or Eraser. I don’t know.

If Ariana comes with a solo and makes it a stable hit, it might finally be the year that she earns her first ever Grammy.

This year is so weak for Pop Solo. No real hit so far. Maybe the cycle that rewarding the most successful song in the category would be broken next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Ed Sheeran won Best Pop Vocal Album. He is ineligible for Best Pop Solo Performance. Duh!

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s safe to say that God’s Plan is a lock for a Best Rap Song & Performance win.

We’re only in March and we likely already have 4 of the 5 Best Pop Vocal Album nominees:

P!nk – Beautiful Trauma

Taylor Swift – Reputation

Justin Timberlake – Man of the Woods

Kelly Clarkson – Meaning of Life

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like Christina Aguilera is making a return this year. Her stuff is starting to leak online. If it doesn’t flop too badly, she would be a contender in the pop categories. Hate her or love her, she is respected in the industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

It must be one of the worst years for Best Pop Solo. There is no eligible #1 hit so far. Another slow year for pop.

Halsey – Bad at Love (#5 on BB Hot 100)
    Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#19)
    Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me (#53)
    Dua Lipa – IDGAF (#71)
    Pink – Beautiful Trauma (#78)/Whatever You Want (-)
    Taylor Swift – …Ready For It (#4)/Delicate (-)
    Kelly Clarkson – I Don’t Think About You (-)
    Sam Smith – Pray (#55)/One Last Song (-)
    Charlie Puth – How Long (#21)
    Katy Perry – Hey Hey Hey (-)
    Lady Gaga – Joanne (-)

If Ed Sheeran releases the 5th single, it would be a frontrunner for Pop Solo nomination since what he does instantly becomes poplular recently. It might be Supermarket Flowers or Eraser. I don’t know.

If Ariana comes with a solo and makes it a stable hit, it might finally be the year that she earns her first ever Grammy.

This year is so weak for Pop Solo. No real hit so far. Maybe the cycle that rewarding the most successful song in the category would be broken next year.

Ed Sheeran cannot get nominated in Best Pop Solo again next year because he won Best Pop Vocal Album. Next year, It’s either Delicate or Ariana Grande’s new song will win Best Pop Solo.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  MaxTwentyFive.
    ReplyCopy URL
    brittanymiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey – Bad at Love (#5 on BB Hot 100) Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same (#19) Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me (#53) Dua Lipa – IDGAF (#71) Pink – Beautiful Trauma (#78)/Whatever You Want (-) Taylor Swift – …Ready For It (#4)/Delicate (-) Kelly Clarkson – I Don’t Think About You (-) Sam Smith – Pray (#55)/One Last Song (-) Charlie Puth – How Long (#21) Katy Perry – Hey Hey Hey (-) Lady Gaga – Joanne (-)

Thank you for the chart stats!

Goddess Taylor beats everyone else with the highest peaking single at #4! She is bagging the Best Pop Solo award for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.