Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Contenders (Dance Field)

2019 Grammy Contenders (Dance Field)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Os
mcm
Chris B.
  • KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

What about Tiesto and Dzeko feat Prime and Post Malone “Jackie Chan”, it was a huge radio hit and still on the hot 100 and with the popularity Post Malone has had this year, could Tiesto win another Grammy either for Dance recording or remix like he won for “All of Me” with John Legend?

not submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand the lack of support for SOPHIE in dance/electronic album. She has the most support from people in the industry. She’s produced the most of this and last year, like Vince Staples and Let’s Eat Grandma. She has better reviews than most of the people listed, yet alone people care about. And if someone were to beat her it would be like Cher or another good electronic album like Against All Logic, Aphex Twins or Jon Hopkins (which aren’t nominated?). It doesn’t make sense. But most people don’t understand like Chrome Sparks or Above & Beyond are unforgettable records unlike the previous winners that have personality (Daft Punk, Flume, Skrillex), Major Hits (Cher or Lady Gaga) or Kraftwerk that defined the electronic sound. If someone is like SOPHIE or Cher doesn’t win, Electronic/Dance NEEDS to make it up for next year for Robyn. Just putting it out there!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  mcm.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand the lack of support for SOPHIE in dance/electronic album. She has the most support from people in the industry. She’s produced the most of this and last year, like Vince Staples and Let’s Eat Grandma. She has better reviews than most of the people listed, yet alone people care about. And if someone were to beat her it would be like Cher or another good electronic album like Against All Logic, Aphex Twins or Jon Hopkins (which aren’t nominated?). It doesn’t make sense. But most people don’t understand like Chrome Sparks or Above & Beyond are unforgettable records unlike the previous winners that have personality (Daft Punk, Flume, Skrillex), Major Hits (Cher or Lady Gaga) or Kraftwerk that defined the electronic sound. If someone is like SOPHIE or Cher doesn’t win, Electronic/Dance NEEDS to make it up for next year for Robyn. Just putting it out there!

Those are predictions, not nominations.

Also, almost everyone has SOPHIE in Dance album so what do you mean??

PS How dare you. Chrome Sparks is great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Those are predictions, not nominations. Also, almost everyone has SOPHIE in Dance album so what do you mean?? PS How dare you. Chrome Sparks is great.

Chrome Sparks has an amazing record with some acclaim. I enjoyed the tracks with Angelica Bass and Kilo. Although it didn’t have the amount of acclaim and attention of the electronic acts of this year. There were more acts that defined electronic music for this year. I am more upset at the amount of records that weren’t submitted (mentioned before). Yes, you are right on these are nominations, not winners, but no one has SOPHIE or Cher as a frontrunners, which is alarming. I’ve been seeing that’s it’s only between Chrome Sparks and Above & Beyond. These are the ones that more well known in the industry or had universal acclaim. Hell I saw people even predicting months ago SOPHIE for best new artist and best music video, while Cher for some pop categories, while Chrome Sparks is nothing. Yes I agree the self titled is a good record, but it isn’t a Grammy record that stands out to me as the past winners do. SOPHIE and Cher, even Marshmello (who I didn’t at like their record) would have stood out more than the others. Remember that when it comes to the Grammys, they normally tend the most memorable (whether it’s artist or album) or interesting, not the best. Show me in the past 10 years in this category where someone that isn’t a large figure in the electronic community or has had universal acclaim.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Baby, these aren’t nomonations. These are what we think the noms will look like. And I’m sure they are in no particular order, at least mine are.

That said, I do think Album is Chrome vs Sophie, and Recording is Silk City vs ODESZA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Dude I’m sorry, but Chrome doesn’t stand a chance. It’s basically the same synthesizer over and over again on every track while SOPHIE has her own style. Plus it wasn’t never about nominations. I obviously understand they are nominations, but mostly when I asked about who would win, (directly) you said Chrome Sparks or Above & Beyond. I’m just tired of people saying the same 2 people as winners (in their top 2), where it’s not their race to win. There a far more deserving artists, yet I see both of their names being tossed up. You might not like what I’m saying or even comprehend that there are far better, qualified nominees. And just because I like SOPHIE doesn’t mean you have too or agree with my opinion. I just want to see more than just these 2 nominees. Like for example the Sofi Tukker album is fire. It’s on people’s nominations, but no one is talking about it it. We are all here to give input on our favorite artist to win, but to see who would also qualify. Also, just for clarification maybe you list what you think the order of eligibility would be. It only makes sense to understand your predictions from another persons view; normally that’s how lists are viewed. Or put in no particular order or alphabetically. Normally list is done best first than quality declining afterwards, so it was very unclear. That will definitely be appreciated completely.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    TeaCopo
    Participant
    Topics:

Anna Wintour by Azealia Banks dance recording

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

FINAL PREDICTIONS (no particular order)

Best Dance Recording
    1. Panic Room, Au/Ra & Camelphat
    2. Loyal, by ODESZA
    3. Monophobia, deamau5 featuring Rob Swire
    4. Body, Loud Luxury & brando
    5. Electricity, Silk City featuring Dua Lipa

Best Dance/Electronic Album
    1. Common Ground by Above & Beyond
    2. Chrome Sparks, Chrome Sparks
    3. See Without Eyes, The Glitch Mob
    4. Treehouse, Sofi Tukker
    5. Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides, SOPHIE

ReplyCopy URL
    KaRol
    Participant
    Topics:

my final predictions*:
    *if at least 30% of them will be correct, I’ll be surprised 😉

DANCE RECORDING
    Au/Ra & CamelPhat – Panic Room
    Black Coffee & David Guetta ft. Delilah Montagu – Drive
    Chrome Sparks ft. Kllo – I Just Wanna
    San Holo ft. Sofie Winterson – Lift Me From the Ground
    ZHU & Tame Impala – My Life
    alt.
    Above & Beyond ft. Richard Bedford – Northern Soul
    deadmau5 ft. Rob Swire – Monophobia
    Fever Ray – To the Moon And Back
    Illenium – Take You Down
    Kygo ft. Miguel – Remind Me To Forget
    Loud Luxury ft. Brando – Body
    ODESZA – Loyal

DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUM
    Above & Beyond – Common Ground
    Chrome Sparks – Chrome Sparks
    San Holo – album1
    SOPHIE – Oil Of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides
    The Glitch Mob – See Without Eyes
    alt.
    Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
    Fever Ray – Plunge
    The Crystal Method – The Trip Home

so yeah, i got only 10% here. lot of techno tunes nominated. surprised to see Electricity as the only hit here & Justice nominated for remix album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Yall thought Chrome Sparks and Above&Beyond were nominated! Yall be crazy! It’s all about SOPHIE vs. Jon Hoppkins for the win!

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST DANCE RECORDING

Above & Beyond featuring Richard Bedford – “Northern Soul”
    Disclosure featuring Fatoumata Diawara – “Ultimatum”
    Fisher – “Losing It”
    Silk City & Dua Lipa featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson – “Electricity”
    Virtual Self – “Ghost Voices”

BEST DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUM

Jon Hopkins – Singularity
    Justice – Woman Worldwide
    Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
    Sophie – Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides
    TOKiMONSTA – Lune Rouge

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Justice can take Dance Album

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST DANCE RECORDING

Above & Beyond featuring Richard Bedford – “Northern Soul”
    Disclosure featuring Fatoumata Diawara – “Ultimatum”
    Fisher – “Losing It”
    Silk City & Dua Lipa featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson – “Electricity” WINNER (unless Dua Lipa wins BNA, she won’t win both)
    Virtual Self – “Ghost Voices”

BEST DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUM

Jon Hopkins – Singularity
    Justice – Woman Worldwide
    Sofi Tukker – Treehouse
    Sophie – Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides WINNER
    TOKiMONSTA – Lune Rouge

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Dance Recording

Should win: Electricity?? (the nominees here suck this year…smh)
    Will win: Electricity
    Runner-up: Ultimatum

Dance Album
    Should win: Woman Worlwide
    Will win: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides
    Runner-up: Treehouse

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I freaking love how yall are dancing on SOPHIE’s dick, while nothing about Jon Hoppkins. It’s a fact that both are good. But yall didn’t listen to me about anything yet I was right.

Dance Recording: Electricity 

(Runner Up: Losing it)

Dance Album: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-insides 

(Runner Up: Singularity)

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.