Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Contenders (Dance Field)

2019 Grammy Contenders (Dance Field)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oz
mcm
Chris B.
  • Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s interesting here is that you do not have anyone nominated in both the dance album and dance single category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s true, but last year Odesza and Bonobo were nominated in both catagories yet both lost so there’s not really a correlation.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Madonna’s Ray Of Light was one of the best winners in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, these nominees stink. BARF!

😂😂😂 Stick to your trendy pop Xtina!

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Madonna’s Ray Of Light was one of the best winners in this category.

I think best is different from biggest.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

and tbh it’s not even the biggest song that one. There’s Lady Gaga’s Poker Face, Justin Timberlake’s Sexyback, Britney Spears’ Toxic, and Cher’s Believe.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  mcm.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I also think that Cher’s Believe was another great single that won in this category.

Also, my previous comment was not about Madonna’s Ray of Light being the biggest song – I said that it was one of the best songs that won in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I also think that Cher’s Believe was another great single that won in this category. Also, my previous comment was not about Madonna’s Ray of Light being the biggest song – I said that it was one of the best songs that won in this category.

Honey Ray of Light isn’t the best single. I know what you ment of being the best, but it’s not. It definitely doesn’t define Madonna as an artist as other songs do. Cher’s Believe was one of the biggest comebacks in history. Poker Face defines lady Gaga as an electro pop artist. And Toxic was one of Britney’s most biggest songs.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I always find it funny that “All for You” won here when it’s an R&B/pop song. I guess it was the breakdown, but that was an R&B crossover song. The Grammys were definitely more open back then than now. I kinda like that dance field is now exclusively for true dance songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I always find it funny that “All for You” won here when it’s an R&B/pop song. I guess it was the breakdown, but that was an R&B crossover song. The Grammys were definitely more open back then than now. I kinda like that dance field is now exclusively for true dance songs.

Unless they decide a dance song was too popular, in which case they just move it to pop.

Doing away with the dance-pop songs by established pop singers was a good idea, but they still need to fix the snobbery that goes on when they decide songs like “Party Rock Anthem,” “Sexy and I Know It,” “Wake Me Up,” etc. aren’t dance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I w

Honey Ray of Light isn’t the best single. I know what you ment of being the best, but it’s not. It definitely doesn’t define Madonna as an artist as other songs do. Cher’s Believe was one of the biggest comebacks in history. Poker Face defines lady Gaga as an electro pop artist. And Toxic was one of Britney’s most biggest songs.

And you have your opinion and I have my opinion about Ray of Light by Madonna and Believe by Cher. Thank you very much.

I do wish that they find a happy medium of determining what constitutes dance. I do think that pop and r&b artists in the past would submit upbeat songs to Dance to gain an additional nomination and a hopeful win due to the popularity of the song. However, this category now shuts out what could be a true dance single if it is performed by an artist that is not considered a dance artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re not compete snobs. They let The Chainsmokers win a Grammy there and they keep letting Calvin Harris in and out that field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re not compete snobs. They let The Chainsmokers win a Grammy there and they keep letting Calvin Harris in and out that field.

This is true. I kept thinking that people would collaborate with DJs in order to get nominated in the Dance category.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree.IMO Ray of Light and Toxic are the best mainstream winners of the category, followed by Clarity and then Come Into My World(but Kylie should’ve won for something else and more than just once). I really like Only Girl but it’s gets too repetitive after the first chorus and isn’t better than Dancing on My Own or Dance in the Dark that were also nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

They let The Chainsmokers win that because they had a huge year and “deserved” something. They knew it would happen and that they’d lost the other categories in which they were nom’ed. I think that’s why “This is What You Came For” was snubbed, it would’ve beaten The Chainsmokers quite easily.

Question: Did Katy Perry ever submit anything to Best Dance Recording?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.