Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Contenders (Dance Field)

2019 Grammy Contenders (Dance Field)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Os
mcm
Chris B.
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re not compete snobs. They let The Chainsmokers win a Grammy there and they keep letting Calvin Harris in and out that field.

They let The Chainsmokers win that because they had a huge year and “deserved” something. They knew it would happen and that they’d lost the other categories in which they were nom’ed. I think that’s why “This is What You Came For” was snubbed, it would’ve beaten The Chainsmokers quite easily.

Question: Did Katy Perry ever submit anything to Best Dance Recording?

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Question: Did Katy Perry ever submit anything to Best Dance Recording?

I don’t think so. Her only songs that would have qualified before they started shutting pop stars out were “Hot N Cold” (entered and nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance) and “California Gurls” (entered and nominated for Best Pop Collaboration).

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris B.
    Participant
    Topics:

They let The Chainsmokers win that because they had a huge year and “deserved” something. They knew it would happen and that they’d lost the other categories in which they were nom’ed. I think that’s why “This is What You Came For” was snubbed, it would’ve beaten The Chainsmokers quite easily.

If that was the case Marshmello should’ve been in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean that makes me really upset. Marshmello deserved a lot this year, and he created so much of an impact. He should’ve at least gotten a best new artist nomination. I hope his new album gets a dance album nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

If that was the case Marshmello should’ve been in this category.

Marshmello isn’t that big. Not “2016 Chainsmokers” big.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean that makes me really upset. Marshmello deserved a lot this year, and he created so much of an impact. He should’ve at least gotten a best new artist nomination. I hope his new album gets a dance album nomination.

Honey this is not the best new artist thread. All of these nominations are way better than his piece of trash. I understand what your saying of how popular it is, I made that arguement about him and its reasonable because he’s big. But is he the best in electronic music. I don’t think so. This is the AMA’s or the Teen Choice Awards.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Real talk, who’s winning? I want either SOPHIE or Jon Hopkins. SOPHIE has a mind altering album but Jon Hopkins has the most immersive album. Although if one of them doesn’t win, I’m pretty sure both are going to be here for the coming years.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 13 hours ago by  mcm.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Since everyone votes in the category, I would think that the most popular nominees would automatically win by default:

Dance Recording: Silk City & Dua Lipa featuring Mark Ronson & Diplo – “Electricity”

Dance Album: Justice – Woman Worldwide

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see it happening but that really sucks, SOPHIE and Jon Hopkins’ albums are way much more superior towards one another.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.