Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 11)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,013 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Os Rodrigues
PoweR
  • DC95
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

The last few pages was a mess and….Weird.

Anyways, this might be off topic but is Ariana pushing Breathin…At all? Why didn’t she do this months ago? That could’ve been bigger than both GIAW and NTLTC, might have been her first #1 and could’ve been a contender but…..

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ breathing wouldn’t have gotten in. That’s an even weaker submission than God is a woman. Y’all really want her to be grammyless

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

^ breathing wouldn’t have gotten in. That’s an even weaker submission than God is a woman. Y’all really want her to be grammyless

Are you kidding? Breathin would’ve been an ideal ROTY nom if she pushed it. She was going Grammyless anyways.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

She does have Breathin for next year, assuming Sweetener doesn’t randomly win a Grammy this year.

Doubt it would break the general field, but it would have been more deserving of a SOTY nomination than either of the singles she entered this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Jane
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I would NOT be surprised if Ariana Grande is snubbed in Best Pop Vocal Album.  That category is highly competitive.  Plus, Sweetener has been totally forgotten about.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Stan
    Participant
    Topics:

She should perform breathin on the ceremony

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I would NOT be surprised if Ariana Grande is snubbed in Best Pop Vocal Album. That category is highly competitive. Plus, Sweetener has been totally forgotten about.

Pop Album is one of the harder categories to predict this year.

I could see Ariana just missing the nominations. She’s going up against a lot of heavy hitters, most of whom are Grammy winners.

Not sure if Manchester will play a role in the voting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I know we’re down on Ariana but she’s not missing Pop Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo is the only thing she’s safe for.

I don’t have my predictions for Pop Album locked down, and I think she can still get in, but I can also see a scenario where Taylor, Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, and some combination of Sam Smith, Florence + The Machine, and Maroon 5 get in, and she doesn’t.

Panic! at the Disco are also a wild card since this is their first time vying for Pop Album. They’ve had a big year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

The last few pages was a mess and….Weird. Anyways, this might be off topic but is Ariana pushing Breathin…At all? Why didn’t she do this months ago? That could’ve been bigger than both GIAW and NTLTC, might have been her first #1 and could’ve been a contender but…..

Breathin really isn’t that popular. It’s doing ok on radio but everywhere else it’s doing pretty average. That would be like Taylor Swift submitting Style over Blank Space. She shouldn’t have submitted GIAW but she did so let’s just be glad that has a chance of getting in. Breathin would not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I know we’re down on Ariana but she’s not missing Pop Album.

Her album is way too much of a genre mix to really kick up dust in this category. Ask Speak Now and Red the albums that were snubbed because they were so pop/country at the same time. Versatility is not a good thing at the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

She should perform breathin on the ceremony

I heard she was releasing her next album before the end of the year. Breathin will most likely have came and gone by then. She has been so messy this era.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

Her album is way too much of a genre mix to really kick up dust in this category. Ask Speak Now and Red the albums that were snubbed because they were so pop/country at the same time. Versatility is not a good thing at the Grammys.

I tend to agree. But that’s an argument against Ariana (or Post) winning Pop Album… not an argument against them being nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I tend to agree. But that’s an argument against Ariana (or Post) winning Pop Album… not an argument against them being nominated.

I know I was just kind of looking at both of the possibilities. Sadly I see Post taking up a spot that could go to many actual “pop” albums but it’ll be interesting to watch him lose a ton of Grammys. Ariana’s album is undeniably “pop-ier” than Post’s so I think she still has a better lock hold on a nomination. Yeah too bad she didn’t submit NTLTC because that would’ve won Pop Solo without a doubt. Now it seems like Delicate could win “without a doubt”.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,013 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.