Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 11)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 1,012 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Os Rodrigues
PoweR
  • LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. Damn y’all . Now I kinda wanna see Ariana win Pop Vocal, just to get a good laugh in here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Ariana had a great year, Ntltc, breathin and thank you next are amazing…but Sweetener as a whole was a mess, sorry. I love her and love yours truly and dangerous woman, but I think we all agree Pharrell ruined Sweetener, it is so messy and unfinished, so yeah no way she’s winning with Sweetener.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh god. We’re about to see a bigger inflow of Ariana stans here with this “thank u next” stuff.

Can we just move on.

Due to its overly repetitive hook, “thank u next” which benefited from overly publicized breakup and surprise release, will start going down the charts pretty soon, and will have no impact on the Grammy’s whatsoever.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

One thing that I haven’t seen much of is predictions for GLY in ROTY/SOTY.

I know Maroon 5 have never been nominated in the general field before (excluding BNA in 2004) but GLY has been one of the biggest hits of the year. Cardi B (an artist with a lot of hype around her) might also increase its chances of a nomination. I also think M5 are long overdue a GF nomination.

Right now I have GLY in SOTY. I’m on the edge with ROTY. It could happen, however I’m not too sure if voters would allow two Cardi B songs in ROTY (assuming ‘I Like It’ is nominated).

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

GLY is for sure getting nominated but it’ll be a shame since Maroon 5’s earlier songs that were actually good weren’t even considered.

ReplyCopy URL
    JSA
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh god. We’re about to see a bigger inflow of Ariana stans here with this “thank u next” stuff.

Can we just move on.

Due to its overly repetitive hook, “thank u next” which benefited from overly publicized breakup and surprise release, will start going down the charts pretty soon, and will have no impact on the Grammy’s whatsoever.

The song in increasing and increasing and increading. It’s a success because it’s a success. She is talented and amazing and succesful. Stay pressed ariana is still winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

She was getting nominated anyway

It could possibly bump up her chances of getting in Record and/or Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. Damn y’all . Now I kinda wanna see Ariana win Pop Vocal, just to get a good laugh in here.

the only thing that could top off all of her success this year is a few grammy wins. it’s been a long time coming for her anyways.

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh god. We’re about to see a bigger inflow of Ariana stans here with this “thank u next” stuff. Can we just move on. Due to its overly repetitive hook, “thank u next” which benefited from overly publicized breakup and surprise release, will start going down the charts pretty soon, and will have no impact on the Grammy’s whatsoever.

\

? are song hooks not traditionally repetitive? i don’t even think she was aiming for grammy impact, it really seemed more like a personal record that she released, and it just so happened to smash, like she predicted. (her mind)

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

\ ? are song hooks not traditionally repetitive? i don’t even think she was aiming for grammy impact, it really seemed more like a personal record that she released, and it just so happened to smash, like she predicted. (her mind)

It is yet to be seen whether it’s a “smash” or not. To me it sounds more like LWYMMD (which also spent 3 weeks at #1). Its overly simplistic and repetitive hook reminds me of that.

And about hooks. Excessive repetition is the cheapest way to create an earworm. But no, that’s not how long-lasting successful songs sound. Usually people get bored very quickly of hooks that are repetitive (just like Havana, Meant To Be etc…) whereas well-written songs like Shape Of You remain best-selling for a much longer time. And there’s a reason why the Grammy’s tend to prefer songs like the latter.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Shape of You? Well written? You must be smoking crack.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Shape of You? Well written? You must be smoking crack.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That’s fine. But the fact of the matter is, it’s the most streamed songs ever. And regardless of how you find the lyrics, the melodies in the song are on point. And it’s not the type of songs you get bored of quickly after few times like LWYMMD and Thank U Next etc.. That was my point.

If it wasn’t well-composed, it wouldn’t have been this successful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

It is yet to be seen whether it’s a “smash” or not. To me it sounds more like LWYMMD (which also spent 3 weeks at #1). Its overly simplistic and repetitive hook reminds me of that.

And about hooks. Excessive repetition is the cheapest way to create an earworm. But no, that’s not how long-lasting successful songs sound. Usually people get bored very quickly of hooks that are repetitive (just like Havana, Meant To Be etc…) whereas well-written songs like Shape Of You remain best-selling for a much longer time. And there’s a reason why the Grammy’s tend to prefer songs like the latter.

Are you forgetting that Happy, Thunder, Work, Hollaback Girl, Shake It Off, and Yeah! are all Grammy-nominated songs. The have no vendetta against repetition.

Hooks are meant to be catchy, and songs aren’t worse just because they use repetition. This argument is as dumb as the songwriting one.

PS: I don’t know what’s your deal with Ariana, but please stop. This has nothing to do with the 2019 Grammy’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    drivera
    Participant
    Topics:

And it’s not the type of songs you get bored of quickly after few times like LWYMMD and Thank U Next etc.. That was my point

Lol I got bored of Shape of you quickly.

ReplyCopy URL
    drivera
    Participant
    Topics:

I ageee that GLY will probably end up in SotY. Honestly, I’d prefer it in record and I Like It in song.

I don’t particularly think either of them are amazing lyrically though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 1,012 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.