Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 12)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,042 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Boz
Darren
  • Shivam
    Participant
    Topics:

She attended in 2012 despite not being nominated in a general field category. Why do you always run your mouth with these know-it-all comments when you don’t know your Grammy history beyond the last 2 years?

She wasn’t as big of a star in 2012 as she is today. She was just on her third album. Not to forget that she was a country singer back then and didn’t enjoy the popularity she does now. Her position is not remotely comparable to the position she is in right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran was petty and childish for not attending this year, and Taylor will be if she actually doesn’t show up due to not getting into the GF. The fact that both even get nominated let alone win over more talented artists is enough to at least go to the fucking show. I hate it when they do that, and it’s even worse that the Grammy’s televise their awards as well.

I don’t think Taylor Swift will miss the Grammy’s if she doesn’t get into the GF, but if she does then that’s just extremely immature. Those are the same people that help propel her career and showed her love all these years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran was petty and childish for not attending this year, and Taylor will be if she actually doesn’t show up due to not getting into the GF. The fact that both even get nominated let alone win over more talented artists is enough to at least go to the fucking show. I hate it when they do that, and it’s even worse that the Grammy’s televise their awards as well. I don’t think Taylor Swift will miss the Grammy’s if she doesn’t get into the GF, but if she does then that’s just extremely immature. Those are the same people that help propel her career and showed her love all these years.

I don’t think she’ll skip the Grammys as well, she has always liked going to the Grammys and I don’t see that changing.

I was just pointing out that the situation has changed a lot since 2012 and that M raised a valid point that shouldn’t be discarded just because the same didn’t happen in 2012.

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor and Beyoncé both skipped the vma awards for the first time in their career during an active era.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

She attended in 2012 despite not being nominated in a general field category.

Why do you always run your mouth with these know-it-all comments when you don’t know your Grammy history beyond the last 2 years?

How rude. Well then can you please tell me why she didn’t attend last year when she had 2 or 3 nominations?
    If she is shut out of the GF and doesn’t attend this year, will you apologize? Because I see her not attending just like Ed Sheeran. In 2012 she wasn’t as big as she is now. And she became way more picky about where she goes and what she attends.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember last year when I said Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift weren’t attending some raised the same point that Taylor never skipped the Grammy’s and she would attend. She ended up not attending. So maybe chill and wait until February.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

swift is working on a film starting december(?) so she kinda does have a good reason to not show up

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Swift has to worry about not getting into GF, anytime she drops an album it’s already almost guaranteed she’s gonna get into at least one GF category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Shady17Sg702
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt the Grammy’s will ever get it right. They have always been bout popularity instead of artistry. Anyways here are my predictions in no particular order for AOTY

1. Dirty Computer

2. Masseduction

3. Golden Hour

4. Bloom ( TROYE SIVAN)- seriously underestimated*

5. Sweetener

6. Invasion of Privacy

7. Heaven and Earth

8. Reputation – ( the most overrated)

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Shady17Sg702.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Shady17Sg702
    Participant
    Topics:

Aside from predictions here’s who I think SHOULD be nominated for AOTY –

1. Dirty Computer- Janelle Monae

2. Transangelic Exodus – Ezra Furman

3. Bloom- Troye Sivan

4. Masseduction- St. Vincent

5. Freedom- Amen Dunes

6. Oil of every pearl’s un-insides- SOPHIE

7. Heaven and Earth- Kamasi Washington

8. Kali Uchis- Isolation

obviously this is highly unlikely but if just if….

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Even without general field nominations, Taylor Swift will probably attend. For one thing, Ed Sheeran was considered a lock for AOTY last year and was then shockingly shut out, Taylor isn’t being as heavily predicted. Last year she was nominated for writing a Little Big Town song and Song for Visual Media, so it makes sense that an artist as big as her wouldn’t attend with those nominations. This year she’s a virtual lock to win Pop Vocal Album and could win Pop Solo Performance as well, regardless of whether or not she’s in the general field. And her skipping the vma’s probably means nothing, no one takes those seriously and she wasn’t in the top category. Unless she has scheduling conflicts because of filming Cats she’s likely to attend, not a sure thing, but likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam
    Participant
    Topics:

swift is working on a film starting december(?) so she kinda does have a good reason to not show up

From what I’ve read, the shooting has already started in November and as far as my knowledge goes it shouldn’t take the movie more than 60 days to finish shooting, so even then, she’d be able to attend.

Regardless, I don’t think we should discuss something so trivial and stupid as Taylor Swift attending and that too before the nominations. Let’s put this matter to rest for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Should we be watching out for someone like Courtney Barnett in AOTY?

She totally surprised with a BNA nomination. Her album is doing extremely well on year-end lists.

ReplyCopy URL
    Shady17Sg702
    Participant
    Topics:

What about Mac Miller? His album was pretty great + sales weren’t bad. Could he be awarded posthumously ? Perhaps a best Rap Album nomination?

ReplyCopy URL
    Shady17Sg702
    Participant
    Topics:

“Should we be watching out for someone like Courtney Barnett in AOTY?

She totally surprised with a BNA nomination. Her album is doing extremely well on year-end lists.”

Courtney Barnett? Why not. I think she is a serious contender for the rock categories. She could be the Beck of next years nominees. Beck’s Colors wasn’t adored by critics as much as Courtney’s album but I would be a little surprised if she does get an AOTY nom cus so far the grammy’s have drilled into us that they have pretty poor taste. I mean in terms of the range of artists they consider. It’s a pretty short and predictable range.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Shady17Sg702.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,042 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.