Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,006 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
PoweR
M
  • Ghostface Killah
    Blocked
    Topics:

It maybe too crazy but i think Drake going home empty-handed, that’s possible for me.

I BOMB ATOMICALLY!..

J DILLA CHANGED MY LIFE!..

I GOT YOU STUCK IN THE REALNESS!..

ReplyCopy URL
    Fendi
    Blocked
    Topics:

Get real! Drake is NOT going home empty-handed. He’ll easily win Best Rap Performance for “Nice For What” and Best Rap Song.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA

2019 Grammy Award nominee:

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance - "Fall In Line"
    Best Rap/Sung Performance - "Like I Do"

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It maybe too crazy but i think Drake going home empty-handed, that’s possible for me.

I don’t see it, but he’s going to be relegated to the rap field easily. His only lock is Rap Song for “God’s Plan.” I don’t know if he’s winning for “Sicko Mode” or “Nice for What” in Performance. I’m leaning towards “Sicko Mode.” That’ll be his only two wins of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghostface Killah
    Blocked
    Topics:

Get real! Drake is NOT going home empty-handed. He’ll easily win Best Rap Performance for “Nice For What” and Best Rap Song.

Best Rap Song is possible but Best Rap Performance is not. King’s Dead or Be Careful are big threats.

I BOMB ATOMICALLY!..

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Sicko Mode” and “Nice for What” could split in Rap Performance and Kendrick could win. But I still think “Nice for What” has it.

It’s crazy that Drake is one of the most nominated artists this year, but can only win a maximum of 2 awards outside of the general field (where he’s definitely not winning anything).

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Rap Song is possible but Best Rap Performance is not. King’s Dead or Be Careful are big threats.

“King’s Dead” would be the next in line to win. If Kendrick wins, then the industry really does love everything he does.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghostface Killah
    Blocked
    Topics:

Yeah, unlike Kendrick this is his main year and he’s so successful and big in 2018 but Kendrick and Gambino is more favorable right now.

I BOMB ATOMICALLY!..

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s crazy that Drake is one of the most nominated artists this year, but can only win a maximum of 2 awards outside of the general field (where he’s definitely not winning anything).

He could be like Mariah during her prime and not win anything. He should be grateful, especially after some of his comments about the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghostface Killah
    Blocked
    Topics:

He could be like Mariah during her prime and not win anything. He should be grateful, especially after some of his comments about the Grammys.

That’s why i think the empty-handed scenario for Drake. He has issues with Grammys.

I BOMB ATOMICALLY!..

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

I see All The Stars winning Rap/Sung partially because of SZA. She fits the bill for female winners in that category and it’s a way for her to be rewarded after going home empty-handed last year.

Not saying Kendrick isn’t powerful enough on his own but yeah.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I see All The Stars winning Rap/Sung partially because of SZA. She fits the bill for female winners in that category and it’s a way for her to be rewarded after going home empty-handed last year.

Not saying Kendrick isn’t powerful enough on his own but yeah.

The Grammys have a tendency of nominating artists one year and letting go home emptyhanded, but then awarding them the following year. Both India.Arie and Kendrick Lamar were nominated for seven awards, winning none. The following year, they both won two.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

^I think that’s a little too optimistic. I only see Kendrick winning one (Rap/Sung Performance). I can’t see him winning anything in the General Field, and Shallow is the frontrunner for Song for Visual Media.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Deemy, I’m not sure what you mean, but I think you’re a bit off on your facts. Shallow is in the TOP3 in the U.S among Pop Duo/GP nominees, with GLY being the biggest, and maybe The Middle being 2nd (thanks to its massive radio play), and Shallow being third. The Middle and Shallow both peaked at #5.

And Say Something only peaked at #8 for your information.

I said “barely”. It’s definitely at number 3. I don’t know how well Say Something did overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

If a Hip Hop album doesn’t win AOTY in a year where urban music is 80% of the general field then the Academy has to give us ROTY and SOTY honors to compensate.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.