Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 984 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
DC95
Os
  • Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Reaching? Do you know anything about R&B? You think “Imagine” is something R&B listeners would love. Sit down.

Best Part is not a classic. It’s not even the most “wedding” song of the year, not to mention it wasn’t really even a hit. It has nothing to do whether it is R&B or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Part is not a classic. It’s not even the most “wedding” song of the year, not to mention it wasn’t really even a hit. It has nothing to do whether it is R&B or not.

I meant I think it can become one someday, and it doesn’t have to be “the most wedding of the year” to become one either. And it was a hit as it is currently certified platinum, which has not been achieved by many R&B songs this year. Just because it wasn’t all over pop radio doesn’t make it not a hit nor does not being a hit disqualifies it from becoming a classic. There are plenty of R&B songs (and songs in general) that were not chart hits but have been deemed as classics. Again, you know nothing about R&B music. Stick to the Arianas and Camilas.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I meant I think it can become one someday, and it doesn’t have to be “the most wedding of the year” to become one either. And it was a hit as it is currently certified platinum, which has not been achieved by many R&B songs this year. Just because it wasn’t all over pop radio doesn’t make it not a hit nor does not being a hit disqualifies it from becoming a classic. There are plenty of R&B songs (and songs in general) that were not chart hits but have been deemed as classics. Again, you know nothing about R&B music. Stick to the Arianas and Camilas.

It won’t. Literally it has neither the sales or the popularity to be a classic, and as good as it is, it’s just a simple love song. Plus, it’s not like H.E.R or Daniel Caesar are big enough to convince me it’ll be remembered in two or three years. It’s no Thinking Out Loud or even something that could become a cult classic kind of song.

And again, that has nothing to do with R&B, and we all know that song is barely R&B. Replace your leading vocalists with Ed Sheeran and Camila Cabello and it is automatically pop. And again – that’s coming from someone who loves Freudian and the song.

You’re reaching M levels of annoyance sometimes.

Stick to the Arianas and Camilas.

I don’t like Camila Cabello. And I don’t know if you’re trying to insult me for liking pop music, but that’s just a weak drag. Pop music can be as good as any other type of music, and Ariana Grande is a great artist IMO. I’m not gonna be offended if you (or the Sheeran stan) think she isn’t, just like I haven’t been ashamed to be a fan of any other pop artist along the way. Let the gay like his pop music in peace.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that you think “Best Part” is “barely R&B” (it is fully an R&B song) but argued with someone in the other thread by saying that “Imagine” by Ariana is R&B (it is NOT) makes you sound dumb af and proves my point about you knowing nothing about R&B. Like I said, stick to your Arianas and Camilas. And no one cares about what you’re annoyed by, gal. Grow a pair.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that you think “Best Part” is “barely R&B” (it is) but argued with someone in the other thread by saying that “Imagine” by Ariana is R&B (it is NOT) makes you sound dumb af and proves my point about you knowing nothing about R&B. Like I said, stick to your Arianas and Camilas. And no one cares about what you’re annoyed by, gal. Grow a pair.

Best Part is barely R&B, as is Imagine. And again, that has nothing to do on whether Best Part is “primed to be a classic”, which is not. You’re just bringing it up to avoid the fact that you made a baseless claim, which you do very often here.

Regardless of what you think is or isn’t, that song isn’t a classic, nor will it be a classic. There’s no precedent there.

Also, people can like different genres, so I’ll stick with Ariana as much as I’ll stick with Solange and Miguel. Drop it off.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Part is barely R&B, as is Imagine. And again, that has nothing to do on whether Best Part is “primed to be a classic”, which is not. You’re just bringing it up to avoid the fact that you made a baseless claim, which you do very often here.

Regardless of what you think is or isn’t, that song isn’t a classic, nor will it be a classic. There’s no precedent there.

Also, people can like different genres, so I’ll stick with Ariana as much as I’ll stick with Solange and Miguel. Drop it off.

You know what’s “baseless”? Saying that “Best Part” is “barely R&B”. If it’s not R&B, then what is it??? Any critic or R&B connoisseur would categorize “Best Part” as a traditional R&B song. That’s not an opinion. That is a fact.

The fact that you equate charts with what becomes a classic continues to prove my point. There are plenty of R&B songs that weren’t chart hits that became classics. There are several precedents as well. You can basically use D’Angelo’s, Maxwell’s and Jill Scott’s discographies as examples, but of course you would know nothing about them.

It’s okay to believe that a song won’t be a classic, but don’t speak dumb stuff like “Best Part” not being an R&B song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Part is still a closer to an acoustic pop song. Just because it is chill and uses real instruments doesn’t mean it isn’t.

And you’re talking to someone who has a various music degrees, so I’m not making baseless assumptions like saying Best Part is primed to become a classic (which again, was the whole point of the convo – not the meaningles R&B tangent you took to get yourself out of that hole). That song doesn’t even have a wikipedia page FFS.

The fact that you equate charts with what becomes a classic continues to prove my point.

And it was a hit as it is currently certified platinum, which has not been achieved by many R&B songs this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

You sound a fool. That’s not an “acoustic pop song.” Pop songs aren’t the only type of songs that contain acoustic instruments. Most Neo-soul songs contain acoustic instruments. You know nothing.

I like how hypocritical you are in this thread. You were just in the other thread making baseless assumptions about someone’s race and brought up the fact that he was a Gaga fan just because they didn’t believe “Imagine” was an R&B song, yet you’re in here typing these long, nonsensical, faux-deep paragraphs defending your taste and proclaiming that an actual R&B song isn’t R&B.

Get lost.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

You were just in the other thread making baseless assumptions about someone’s race and brought up the fact that they were Gaga fans just because they didn’t believe “Imagine” was an R&B song

I brought up they were a Gaga fan because, well, they have a Gaga pic as their profile pic.

So…
    uh…
    ok?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I brought up they were a Gaga fan because, well, they have a Gaga pic as their profile pic.

So…
    uh…
    ok?

And what did that have to do with anything? Oh yeah… nothing.

I like how you act so above the drama here, but you contribute with tomfoolery.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

That song doesn’t even have a wikipedia page FFS.

Oh, let me go make one…

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I like how you act so above the drama here, but you contribute with tomfoolery.

Lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, let me go make one…

Make sure to cite your sources otherwise the Wiki page will be taken down.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Make sure to cite your sources otherwise the Wiki page will be taken down.

It’s not hard to pull up facts about the song. Stop trying to sound intelligent. We still remember your Adele vs. Ariana predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not hard to pull up facts about the song. Stop trying to sound intelligent. We still remember your Adele vs. Ariana predictions.

I was just telling you to cite your sources.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 984 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.