Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 932 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Darren
Boz
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Shallow is not bigger than All The Stars, which is now eligible 3X Platinum. Shallow sold more but All The Stars outstreamed, and performed considerably better on radio.

And acclaim?

It outsold it by a pretty wide margin and the A Star Is Born soundtrack sold considerably more than the Black Panther soundtrack so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make.

Also, even if it were clearly more successful, that wouldn’t on its own make it more deserving.

Regardless, I think we can make points about some nominees being better than others without resorting to “f**k this person”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Shallow should have no hard time winning best song for visual media and pop duo/group. They also have a decent shot at winning SOTY. ROTY chances are slim though. They should get at least 2 wins which is good considering that Gaga could be snubbed for the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know, you are all so hyped and everything about Ariana but I see her losing both categories to Taylor and Camila/Beck

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know, you are all so hyped and everything about Ariana but I see her losing both categories to Taylor and Camila/Beck

I predicted Taylor Swift to easily win BPVA in the beginning but I’ve sort of swayed to thinking that it’ll be between Taylor, Shawn, or Ariana. It’ll be close for sure. If they go by “most commerically successful” since that’s what they’ve done for the past couple of years, then Taylor will win. I feel like Taylor also has a slightly bigger chance (keyword slightly) because reputation was much more pop than Sweetener since she explored many R&B themes with the album. Shawn also I feel had more traction from the rock voters which could also mean that he’ll not win either.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is not going home with any grammy for being a dumb bitch who didn’t submit No Tears for best pop solo

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is not going home with any grammy for being a dumb bitch who didn’t submit No Tears for best pop solo

It would have been such an easy win with this line-up.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Shallow is not bigger than All The Stars, which is now eligible 3X Platinum. Shallow sold more but All The Stars outstreamed, and performed considerably better on radio. And acclaim?

ATS is a good song. But I don’t think it stands a chance against Shallow at this point. After yesterday’s good night for Gaga at the Critics Choice Awards, I’m convinced Shallow is a lock for Visual Media. If anyone was going to give Kendrick the win, it would be the critics. They love him. Most of his albums are like 90+ on MC?

So after yesterday, I don’t think ATS is winning any category in which it’s competing against Shallow.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Shallow should have no hard time winning best song for visual media and pop duo/group. They also have a decent shot at winning SOTY. ROTY chances are slim though. They should get at least 2 wins which is good considering that Gaga could be snubbed for the Oscar.

Lol no. Shallow swept basically all its categories in movie awards shows. And it may repeat at the Grammy’s. Its competitors will need a miracle at this point for it to be “snubbed at the Oscars”.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

When all is said and done Shallow will be bigger than All The Stars in the US (it already is worldwide) girl dont be delusional

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, the Critics Choice Awards have no correlation to the Grammy Awards.

Who the fuck said that

ReplyCopy URL
    touchofmyfeet
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY: Golden Hour
    ROTY: Shallow
    SOTY: Shallow
    BNA: Bebe Rexha

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully, our future Pop Solo Performance winner…

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! “Shallow” is NOT winning both ROTY and SOTY.

Deal with it Shelby.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! “Shallow” is NOT winning both ROTY and SOTY.

Just like you said Shallow in GF ain’t happening. Keep proving yourself to be a bad predictor.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Alicia Keys has been annouced as the host.

https://youtu.be/lpoIGoNzsGM

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 932 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.