( +5 hidden )
January 10, 2019 at 2:27 pm #1202729251
It’s very unusual that we have 4 songs with 4 nominations this year…
I think Shallow is going 4/4, with All The Stars winning Rap/Sung, This Is America taking Music Video, and The Joke winning its genre categories.
But it is actually possible for all 4 songs to walk away with two wins apiece:
The Joke: Roots Perf, Roots Song
Shallow: Pop Duo/Group +1
This Is America: Music Video +1
All the Stars: any twoJanuary 10, 2019 at 3:05 pm #1202729282
Best New Artist is pretty weak this year… any of them could win. I hope and think that Dua Lupa deserves to win, but I think Greta Van Fleet will end up taking the Grammy.
A rock artist hadn’t won this category since 1983 (Men at Work)… unless you consider rock/pop acts. Van Fleet is young and fresh and scored multiple noms in the Rock Field this year. I think they’ll have the support to win.January 10, 2019 at 6:41 pm #1202729497
Evanescence won BNA in 2004. They were definitely classified as “rock.”January 11, 2019 at 4:42 am #1202729786
i would absolutely love this but I don’t see it winning visual media! I predict shallow to get song while all the stars will get record
I’m perfectly fine with that.January 11, 2019 at 11:45 am #1202730165
Only tangentially related, but the track list for this year’s nominees album was announced and it’s a MESS. Basically the general field and pop categories only. Only one BNA nominee.
1. Janelle Monáe – Make Me Feel
2. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
3. Kendrick Lamar & SZA – All the Stars
4. Drake – God’s Plan
5. Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle
6. Kacey Musgraves – Slow Burn
7. Post Malone feat. 21 Savage – Rockstar
8. H.E.R. feat. Daniel Caesar – Best Part
9. Childish Gambino – This Is America
10. Brandi Carlile – The Joke
11. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow
12. Ariana Grande – God Is a Woman
13. Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug – Havana
14. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
15. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
16. Kelly Clarkson – I Don’t Think About You
17. P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
18. Justin Timberlake feat. Chris Stapleton – Say Something
19. Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
20. Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato – Fall in Line
21. Backstreet Boys – Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
22. Tony Bennett & Diana Krall – ‘S Wonderful
January 11, 2019 at 11:58 am #1202730168
- This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by DC95.
H.E.R. is probably the only BNA nominee on there because she’s an AOTY nominee.
I kinda wish they would list some other fields instead of just pop all the time.January 11, 2019 at 1:30 pm #1202730223
Why the fuck didnt they nominate Make Me Feel?January 11, 2019 at 2:52 pm #1202730270
30 days!!!January 11, 2019 at 3:40 pm #1202730294
Not including the BNA nominees was a huge mistake, and they way overdid it on Pop. The Pop Duo/Group nominees don’t need to be there, just do a song from the Pop Vocal Album nominees and then open some space for songs from the Rap, Country, and R&B albums and the Rock Performance nominees. Also, less important, why the hell is Look What You Made Me Do the Taylor Swift song they chose? Delicate was her submission this year, and Call It What You Want and New Year’s Day were fan favorites, they all would’ve been much better choices.January 11, 2019 at 6:52 pm #1202730462
Why didn’t they include Boo’d Up ??January 11, 2019 at 7:04 pm #1202730469
I really don’t understand why the do a compilation in the first place. Spotify’s free.January 11, 2019 at 7:18 pm #1202730476
they used to be big sellers and for some reasons they still do pull in fairly decent numbers, I guess some people are just…… too lazy to find the songs one by one?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.