Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 984 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
DC95
Os
  • JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve just watched a film which explain voting for BR at the Oscars. Why it’s not the same at the GRAMMY’s? (I’m not talking about nomination process but winners)

https://youtu.be/LjhoSv4Ood0?t=424

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get it, Chrissy for appearing on the Grammy nominations album!

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve just watched a film which explain voting for BR at the Oscars. Why it’s not the same at the GRAMMY’s? (I’m not talking about nomination process but winners) https://youtu.be/LjhoSv4Ood0?t=424

Grammys have always been behind the Oscars in change. The Oscars added online voting for their ceremony in 2013, while The Grammys added it 5 years later in 2018. But The Grammys should add preferential voting in the Big 4 now that there are 8 nominees. I think Kendrick would’ve won last year if it was there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Farix
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga to receive the Bruno Mars treatment this year! She’s gonna sweep.

FYC: Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Lady Gaga is NOT going to sweep.  You can bet your bottom dollar on that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Lady Gaga to receive the Bruno Mars treatment this year! She’s gonna sweep.

Shallow is the most overrated boring song in A Star is born!

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

That near ASIB shutout at the Globes puts me on pause for how Shallow does for the main categories. It was never undeniable but still. And I still think Kacey or Brandi win AOTY. Didn’t they finish voting already?

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

This is unrelated, but do you think that it would make sense for a “Best Live Recording” category to be added? Live recordings would be able to compete in the GF, but only studio recordings could be submitted in genre categories. I don’t know if the rules surrounding such a change would be too complicated, considering that live albums would still be able to compete in genre categories. Also, it could be split up into Solo and Duo/Group.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

That near ASIB shutout at the Globes puts me on pause for how Shallow does for the main categories.

Not sure what the movie losing has to do with Shallow’s chances at a music award show. It still won Original Song, which correlates the most to the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

This is unrelated, but do you think that it would make sense for a “Best Live Recording” category to be added? Live recordings would be able to compete in the GF, but only studio recordings could be submitted in genre categories. I don’t know if the rules surrounding such a change would be too complicated, considering that live albums would still be able to compete in genre categories. Also, it could be split up into Solo and Duo/Group.

I don’t think there’s such a demand for Live Recordings to be awarded in the GF – still, they can compete in Record of The Year

I would maybe be down for a Best Live Recording category in the Remix field, but even then, what’s the point if they can compete in their genre categories? There are too many Grammy categories anyways.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

if a live category gets frauds like havana out of the genre race then why not

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that would be great.There´s a lot of songs that deserve to be nominated (not the case of Havana) but can´t because they weren´t a thing by the moment they were eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think there’s such a demand for Live Recordings to be awarded in the GF – still, they can compete in Record of The Year I would maybe be down for a Best Live Recording category in the Remix field, but even then, what’s the point if they can compete in their genre categories? There are too many Grammy categories anyways.

The category wouldn’t be in the general field if that’s what you thought I meant. If they’re live, songs could be submitted to that category as well as ROTY. As opposed to being put in fields like rap and pop. The Live category would be like a genre in a way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

The category wouldn’t be in the general field if that’s what you thought I meant. If they’re live, songs could be submitted to that category as well as ROTY. As opposed to being put in fields like rap and pop. The Live category would be like a genre in a way.

Oh okay, I get it now. Either way I think it’s unnecessary. They should just ban live performances anyways – they’re usually just ways for artists who submitted songs too early to get a nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel upset that Rockstar was nominated in Record of the Year. It technically came out September 17th. So shouldn’t some songs be prevalent this elibility period like the original Perfect by Ed Sheeran, Havana featuring Young Thug, or even Bodak Yellow. This pisses me off! There are other big songs by Post Malone. And no one bothers to talk about this or make it a big deal.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 984 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.