Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 15)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 932 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Darren
Boz
  • Lisandro Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

The more I listen to Golden Hour, the more I want it to win AOTY. All the songs are good. It doesn’t happen the same with BP. Kacey deserves Best Country Album at least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

It outsold it by a pretty wide margin and the A Star Is Born soundtrack sold considerably more than the Black Panther soundtrack so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make. Also, even if it were clearly more successful, that wouldn’t on its own make it more deserving. Regardless, I think we can make points about some nominees being better than others without resorting to “f**k this person”.

When did I ever make a judgement about him? I was correcting his notion about Shallow being bigger than ATS. And I was clearly talking about the singles and not the soundtracks. Objectively, ATS is the bigger hit. I never insulted him in any way so I don’t understand why your veins are popping.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

ATS is a good song. But I don’t think it stands a chance against Shallow at this point. After yesterday’s good night for Gaga at the Critics Choice Awards, I’m convinced Shallow is a lock for Visual Media. If anyone was going to give Kendrick the win, it would be the critics. They love him. Most of his albums are like 90+ on MC? So after yesterday, I don’t think ATS is winning any category in which it’s competing against Shallow.

I agree 100%. Shallow is a lock for Visual Media. I was simply correcting him about which was the bigger hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t even give my opinion on the song when saying All The Stars is a bigger hit, lol, and I never said it was more deserving becuase it was bigger. I think it’s more deserving because it’s a better song. Whether you want to believe it or not, ATS is eligible 3X Platinum while Shallow isn’t close to double platinum.

Seems like not acknowledging Lady Gaga as Jesus ruffles a few feathers in here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

You guys think this could be the time Kendrick finally wins Album of the Year? It’s his fourth nomination in 6 years and although pretty political, it’s a safer album than his previous records, especially linked to a Marvel/Disney movie. Maybe the Grammys will see this as a chance of awarding him and avoiding any damage regarding racism of recent years…

I have no intention of offending anyone here, but I feel like Kendrick should (and would prefer) win for a body of work, not a soundtrack curated to a popular film. DAMN was so deserving of the honor and it was a shame the voters snubbed him when he literally had the best reviewed album out of the nominated ones. I really did thought he had that one in the bag until the unexpected Bruno sweep. With BP, as good as that album is…the way I look at it, it’ll feel like a cop out if he’s being awarded for a soundtrack to avoid “damages” when he has made stronger albums in the past. Bottom line, Kendrick should’ve been rewarded a very long time ago (and been rewarded several times) tbh.

There is also a chance Kendrick won’t be awarded regardless because Golden Hour is a fantastic album and definitely deserving of the award. It’s really between these two with Brandi being an underdog.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Do those movie Critics that are voting for Shallow the same ones with voting rights with NARAS? Nope? Ok. All the Stars still has a chance in Visual Media. Kendrick Lamar is a bigger name check than Lady Gaga when it comes to the Grammys. Oscar winning songs have even lost Song for Visual media. Im not going to go by those awards as a precursor for the Grammys because it’s a different ball game.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lisandro Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

All The Stars isn’t bigger hit than Shallow lmao. It was released one year ago, that’s why it outsold Shallow.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar couldn´t even win best new artist.He doesn´t pass the rap categories and that´s why he has more grammys than Lady Gaga.
    Shallow is a bigger hit than All The Stars and y´all have to deal with that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

uldn´t even win best new artist.He doesn´t pass the rap categories and that´s why he has more grammys than Lady Gaga.
    Shallow is a bigger hit than All The Stars and y´all have to deal with that.

He’s been nominated in the General Field more times than she has. 10 vs 7 with LESS studio albums to his name. Him winning Rap Grammys doesnt negate the fact that he’s a bigger name check. It’s not like Rap Grammys are any less insignificant to other genres. Shallow was in the top 10 for two weeks. And its struggling to even stay top 40. Is that your Hit?

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s been nominated in the General Field more times than she has. 10 vs 7 with LESS studio albums to his name. Him winning Rap Grammys doesnt negate the fact that he’s a bigger name check. It’s not like Rap Grammys are any less insignificant to other genres. Shallow was in the top 10 for two weeks. And its struggling to even stay top 40. Is that your Hit?

Of course he has if he releases a hundred songs per year.He´s just a filler on the general field though hence why he never wins and doesn´t stand a chance this year, unlike Gaga.
    Shallow is a bigger hit worldwide and it will catch up in the US when all is said and done.Plus, the song it´s not struggling to stay in the top 40,it just dropped because of all the christmas songs,now it´s about to return to the top 20.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mindi Palmer
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t care about you haters because you all hate her but Ariana is 100% winning Best Pop Vocal Album and is a frontrunner according to Gold Derby and music critics and magazines. She won’t lose to Reputation

ReplyCopy URL
    6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

Much chatter surrounds the Grammy show performance lineup, with word coming that Bradley Cooper will not be in attendance—he’s slated to appear at the U.K.’s BAFTA Awards—arguably complicating the chance of a big A Star Is Born look for Lady Gaga. Will Gaga perform nonetheless? She certainly would bring the kind of star magnetism and spectacle the show needs. What other major figures from the pop world will appear?

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=314841

So Bradley won’t be attending, but there’s no mention of Gaga not attending, so she will likely be there.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t care about you haters because you all hate her but Ariana is 100% winning Best Pop Vocal Album and is a frontrunner according to Gold Derby and music critics and magazines. She won’t lose to Reputation

I stan Ariana and I´m sure Taylor is winning

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Of course he has if he releases a hundred songs per year.He´s just a filler on the general field though hence why he never wins and doesn´t stand a chance this year, unlike Gaga. Shallow is a bigger hit worldwide and it will catch up in the US when all is said and done.Plus, the song it´s not struggling to stay in the top 40,it just dropped because of all the christmas songs,now it´s about to return to the top 20.

Kendrick does not releasing a bunch of songs a year, lol, I don’t know where you got that from. To even insinuate that he’s a “filler nominee” when he’s been a frontrunner for Album of The Year with his last 3 projects, including this year, is bold-faced delusional.

He’s lost in the general field due to bigger competition and the lack of popular appeal that comes with explicit hip hop music. Shallow is a lock for Visual Media but ATS can compete in Record and Song.

And it doesn’t matter what song came first. All The Stars has STILL moved significantly more song units than Shallow regardless, had a better chart run, significantly outstreamed it, and performed better on radio. It’s triple platinum, while Shallow isn’t even close to double platinum and doesn’t look like it’ll reach that status anytime soon. So, so much for your “when it’s all said and done” rhetoric.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Like what’s to even argue, All The Stars is a bigger hit in the US than Shallow.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 932 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.