Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,114 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
MaxTwentyFive
Os Rodrigues
DC95
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Cardi will pick up some awards this year. Her album is very well written and quite personal.

I’m glad that the most successful female rap singer is no longer an annoying narcissist who’s only good at writing stupid lyrics (aka nicki minaj).

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

I can totally see Cardi winning a Grammy before Nicki.

I predict 8 noms so far as well

AOTY
    ROTY (Finesse)
    Pop Duo/Group (Finesse)
    Rap Song (Be Careful)
    Rap Peformance (I Like It)
    Rap Performance (Motorsport)
    Rap/Sung (I Do)
    Rap Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s getting 5; Rap Album, Rap Song, Rap Performance, Rap Sung and Pop Duo. I don’t see voters giving her specifically an AOTY nomination for this and if they stoop that low, that would be horrific.

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

it’s not really stooping low when she has hits, acclaim, and sales. if she maintains the buzz throughout the fall she’s getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly. Cardi has not only the support of the industry, but of her audience. She can get AOTY. Wont win tho.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Which is why I said that this year would have to be extremely tragic for her to get in. It would be awful, on a subjective point, if she does but I would get over it. However, (and it would never happen) but IF, hypothetically, she somehow wins AOTY, it would be way worse than Bruno Mars this year and would be troll like. Wasn’t Lauryn Hill the last rapper (in general) to win AOTY?

If Cardi somehow did that, over people like Missy Elliot, Jay Z, Kanye, Eminem, Kendrick who have actually deserved it, yes, in terms of quality, that would be stopping low and be disgraceful considering her album is, at best, a 5.

But that’s more of me on the album as a whole rather than its chances, I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

I can totally see Cardi winning a Grammy before Nicki.

I predict 8 noms so far as well

AOTY
    ROTY (Finesse)
    Pop Duo/Group (Finesse)
    Rap Song (Be Careful)
    Rap Peformance (I Like It)
    Rap Performance (Motorsport)
    Rap/Sung (I Do)
    Rap Album

Cardi B’s album was really good!

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, we’re more than halfway through the eligibility period. This shit sucks ass.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

So I guess Beyoncé amd Jay Z are out, which leaves us with Taylor vs Kendrick vs Kacey for AoTY. The other two nominees might be Cardi, U2, P!nk, Camila, or some unreleased album like Florence or Ariana.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

So I guess Beyoncé amd Jay Z are out, which leaves us with Taylor vs Kendrick vs Kacey for AoTY. The other two nominees might be Cardi, U2, P!nk, Camila, or some unreleased album like Florence or Ariana.

Yes, maybe Ariana Grande may be nominated for AOTY!

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, we’re more than halfway through the eligibility period. This shit sucks ass.

You cannot say bad words to anyone in this forum. Everyone has their own opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

She obviously won’t win, but I don’t see why Cardi B wouldn’t be a contender for an AOTY nomination if her album ends up as one of the most commercially and critically successful releases of the eligibility period. It would reflect well on the BRP. Cardi has a compelling narrative, has lived up to expectations, and embodies the strength of women in rap at the moment.

And I know people are cynical about the BRP purposely nominating women after last year… but women deserve the nods this year? In my mind, Kacey Musgraves, Janelle Monae, and Cardi B are just as deserving or more so than Kendrick (Black Panther) and Chris Stapleton. Also taking into consideration releases from St Vincent and Kelly Clarkson and anticipated releases from Ariana Grande, Florence + the Machine, etc. it’s not infeasible to see women taking 4-5 slots in AOTY.

Taylor Swift will end up as the pop nominee in AOTY UNLESS my prophecy comes true and Ariana Grande has the most successful era of her career and dominates radio this summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Cardi is an AOTY contender. And as of now, I’m predicting a BNA & Rap Album win.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

With the backlash, it would be an exceptional moment for the Grammys to have 5 female AOTY nominees next year. I think it could happen.

Soundtrack songs/albums haven’t made it to the GF for a while, so Black Panther is no guarantee. The never usually double dip in non-pop genres, so Kacey Musgraves could take Chris Stapleton’s spot for country, Cardi B in Hip Hop, Kelly Clarkson and/or P!nk in pop, Janelle Monae in r&b and St. Vincent for alternative/rock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is releasing her new single this friday (moved up one week earlier; possibly to avoid a low chart debut thanks to Post Malone’s new album).

Also, Drake is releasing his new album June 28th. Dunno if he’ll submit.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.