Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 3)

2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,054 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +46 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodrigues
MaxTwentyFive
D.C.
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Yall done ran that other one out in two months.  Continue

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok….. Gaga might be she’s working on three album, AMAZING  I hope she release one of them before the deadline.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2018/06/05/lady-gaga-might-have-three-albums-in-the-works/#3325b06b6f72

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

When will Rihanna release her next album? This season is slow and she can win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Flynn
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok….. Gaga might be she’s working on three album, AMAZING I hope she release one of them before the deadline. https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2018/06/05/lady-gaga-might-have-three-albums-in-the-works/#3325b06b6f72

Meh. Most likely it’s the A Star is Born soundtrack, another album with Tony and a solo album.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

Current predictions for Pop Vocal Album:
    High as Hope– Florence + the Machine
    Meaning of Life– Kelly Clarkson
    Reputation– Taylor Swift
    Sweetener– Ariana Grande
    The Thrill of it All– Sam Smith

And I suspect one of the ladies would win. A lot can change by the deadline.

ReplyCopy URL
    Liberation
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you know this thread will be ran out with Taylor Swift bullshit.

It’s going to be a pitiful day when the nominations are announced. Barf!!

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Current predictions for Pop Vocal Album:
    High as Hope– Florence + the Machine
    Meaning of Life– Kelly Clarkson
    Reputation– Taylor Swift
    Sweetener– Ariana Grande
    The Thrill of it All– Sam Smith

And I suspect one of the ladies would win. A lot can change by the deadline.

Ariana Grande over P!nk?

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Current predictions for Pop Vocal Album: High as Hope– Florence + the Machine Meaning of Life– Kelly Clarkson Reputation– Taylor Swift Sweetener– Ariana Grande The Thrill of it All– Sam Smith And I suspect one of the ladies would win. A lot can change by the deadline.

Not Sam possibly being the only male…

I want either Kelly, Sam or Ari to win that.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Liberation
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I was just thinking the same thing. No way does Ariana Grande get in Best Pop Vocal Album over Pink. Unfortunately, Ariana does have a good chance since her last two albums got in.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is a possibility, but I think she’ll have a harder time than 2 years ago. There was basically no competition when she got in for Dangerous Woman. Demi Lovato got in. Selena Gomez was considered a serious contender for a nomination. This year is a lot more competitive – there are already 3 locks (Taylor, Kelly, and P!nk) and a fourth near-lock (Florence). Along with past Grammy winners Sam Smith, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, etc. vying for the final spot.

Not to mention albums from other genres that could be slotted in Pop Album (Beck, St. Vincent, Post Malone, etc.). I’m not going to predict her until I see how her album does.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m truly puzzled why people can’t see the writing on the wall. Grande’s going to have one of the best selling albums of the year. She’ll likely sell more than everyone mentioned in the pop field beside Taylor Swift. She’s working with top producers & has been getting great publicity. She’s got Missy Elliott, Pharrell, and Nicki as features. If she lives up to the hype and receives critical acclaim, she will be ripe for awards attention, especially in a weak year. An unproblematic young woman with a huge voice who has used her platform post-terrorist attack to spread kindness and support progressive causes like gun control & mental health awareness?? What are y’all smoking?

Beautiful Trauma is long forgotten, but P!nk could very well get in over Sam Smith and Florence. Ariana will get in before all of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Grande’s going to have one of the best selling albums of the year. She’ll likely sell more than everyone mentioned in the pop field beside Taylor Swift.

You don’t know that. Also, P!nk’s Beautiful Trauma has outsold all of Grande’s past albums, so I’m not sure why you’d expect Sweetener to perform any better. Especially when she went from 735K to 396K for her last two albums.

She’s working with top producers & has been getting great publicity. She’s got Missy Elliott, Pharrell, and Nicki as features.

People said the same shit about Katy Perry last year, and look what happened there.

If she lives up to the hype and receives critical acclaim, she will be ripe for awards attention, especially in a weak year.

Since when has she EVER been a critical darling? And you want to know what WE’RE smoking? Pop stars, in general, don’t get critical acclaim. Much less the highly generic ones like Ariana Grande.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

I would see Ariana over Sam rather than P!nk, but yeah, even since Manchester her support has been insane. Her debut album was critically acclaimed and Dangerous Woman was very well received, so I think she’s definitely getting in.

St Vincent will submit to Alternative, and if not she’ll get forgotten. Happenned with Paramore last year.

Beck is actually a contender for me. It’ll all come down whether the Grammy’s are still down with him, since they snubbed him after the infamous AOTY win.

Also, I don’t see the Katy comparison. Katy’s single couldnt stay in the top 10 for more than 2 weeks, while NTLTC is still in the top 10. Missy Elliot and Pharell will give her enough cred among older voters, and she has been liked (though not loved) by NARAS.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album
    reputation. by Taylor Swift
    Sweetener by Ariana Grande
    High as Hope by Florence + Machine
    Meaning of Life by Kelly Clarkson
    Beautiful Trauma by P!nk
    Colors by Beck

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo Performance
    Never Be The Same by Camila Cabello
    No Tears Left to Cry by Ariana Grande
    I Don’t Think About by Kelly Clarkson
    Delicate by Taylor Swift
    Perfect (Live) by Ed Sheeran

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,054 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.