Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 3)

2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,054 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +46 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodrigues
MaxTwentyFive
D.C.
  • D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Maroon 5 won’t be nominated for anything.

Who still listens to this guy? He writes the most generic pop music every time… And it’s getting worse and worse with every single. This Love was actually decent at least.

I agree they were better back in the day, but with Girls Like You shaping up to be one of the biggest hits of this summer, they’re very likely heading towards a Pop Duo/Group nomination.

They’re also now becoming competitive for a Pop Vocal Album nomination. This is their fourth or fifth hit from this album.

ReplyCopy URL
    LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bed could be a Rap Sung contender… depending on how it performs the next few weeks/ months. But, it doesn’t sound bad at all… unlike pretty much everything Nicki has put out this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Maroon 5 have been snubbed in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for hits. Red Pill Blues won’t be anywhere near Best Pop Vocal Album. It did nothing. I feel like voters are over them.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Maroon 5 have been snubbed in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for hits. Red Pill Blues won’t be anywhere near Best Pop Vocal Album. It did nothing. I feel like voters are over them.

The few times Maroon 5 has been snubbed in Pop Duo/Group Performance:

Daylight – came out early in the cycle, and 2012-13 was a very competitive Grammy year (that was the year where Get Lucky, Blurred Lines, Stay, Suit & Tie, and Just Give Me a Reason were nominated).

Maps – came out just before deadline

Don’t Wanna Know – came out at the VERY beginning of last year’s cycle

Girls Like You has better timing and is already bigger than the three aforementioned songs. This is also a somewhat less competitive year. And it should go without saying, but Cardi B is on fire.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually, fact check: Maps came out in June. My bad.

Still, Girls Like You will likely hit #1 on the Hot 100 in the coming weeks. I feel very strongly they won’t be passed over this time.

ReplyCopy URL
    liveinfinity
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, with a category as competitive as pop, they should revive the male/female categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, with a category as competitive as pop, they should revive the male/female categories.

Is it, though? None of the songs are number ones or huge hits. That will just expose how terribly “pop” songs have been performing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they won’t revive the male/female categories. A ton of SJWs will give them shit because “what about artists who don’t identify as male and female” or something along those lines.

Maroon 5 could be ignored. They have enough hate to be snubbed by tje Grammy’s. Their songs are generic and, while the Grammy’s don’t care about quality, there’s already a handful of well-liked pop duo group contenders.

Bed sounds like a bop. Minaj will probably send it to Rap/Sung considering it’ll likely be a hit. Hope it gets in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Ms. Grande now has 3 top 10s in iTunes* not 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Competitive, where? People are claiming Ariana Grande is the frontrunner for Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Disagree. They’ve been scraping the bottom of the barrel in Pop Solo the last two years. They don’t need to make it any easier to win a Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    liveinfinity
    Participant
    Topics:

You forgot about the Alesia Cara situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Number ones sell 30,000 songs nowadays, so that is not anything extraordinary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Number ones sell 30,000 songs nowadays, so that is not anything extraordinary.

In the streaming era it is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Alessia usually does great at radio and sales so I expect her to have another hit with her new song.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,054 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.