Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 3)

2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,055 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Matt90210
Darren
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Those alegations against Gambino do hurt his case because people called him a genius.

Anyways, the song was super frontloaded. It has been less than 3 months and it’s going out of the top 20 soon, if it hasn’t already. The video carried the song.

Bruno Mars had to be sued to put the Gap Band as songwriters on Uptown Funk, and the song has three other lawsuits with one actually receiving a settlement recently. That song still managed to win Grammys. I do not see an internet rumor about This Is America affecting his chances. Even with it being front loaded, the song is still bigger than any of the radio-fueled pop songs that you are pushing. There is no way that an Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift song that is performing well in radio, which is programmed by executives, but terribly everywhere else is going to receive any nominations before This Is America. The song is going to be in all of the major categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Tsk tsk. People do forget that the ‘genius’ also plagiarized the video. Male Beyonce indeed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

In the future, i want a year when Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, and Bruno Mars all have albums. THAT would be intresting.

Beyonce obviously just released with Jay-Z.

Taylor Swift i read somewhere is releasing an album next year ( likely her october spot).

Adele is expected to have A Christmas 2019 spot ( Article from The sun).

idk about Bruno Mars

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Shivam Nainwal
    Topics:

In the future, i want a year when Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, and Bruno Mars all have albums. THAT would be intresting. Beyonce obviously just released with Jay-Z. Taylor Swift i read somewhere is releasing an album next year ( likely her october spot). Adele is expected to have A Christmas 2019 spot ( Article from The sun). idk about Bruno Mars

In the future, i want a year when Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, and Bruno Mars all have albums. THAT would be intresting. Beyonce obviously just released with Jay-Z. Taylor Swift i read somewhere is releasing an album next year ( likely her october spot). Adele is expected to have A Christmas 2019 spot ( Article from The sun). idk about Bruno Mars

Adele would win most of the awards, if not every one of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Kendrick Lamar is the most nominated male artist.

All The Stars for Best Rap/Sung, Best Rap Song, Best Song Written For Visual Media, Best Music Video, and ROTY.

The Black Panther Album for Compilation Soundtrack and Rap Album.

King’s Dead for Rap Performance.

Pray For Me for Song Written For Visual Media.

Realistically, I could see about 5 nominations. All The Stars was huge, the video had massive acclaim, and the Black Panther album is bound to get something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

I could see EIL in Album of The Year, but its safest bet is Best Rap/Sung for APESHIT. It’ll be just like Family Feud, and it’ll likely lose to a bigger hit (Nice For What, All The Stars).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Black Panther isn’t eligible for Rap Album. Compilation and AOTY only.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Stop with the “Delicate” delusion, her label is pushing the song with heavy payola on radio, while it’s nowhere to be found on streaming charts, pure sales are pathetic. It’s not the sleeper hit swifties are claiming it is.

LMFAOOOO, y’all are delusional. Delicate isn’t winning any General Field category. She couldn’t even get one last year for LWYMMD, a front loaded #1 and doesn’t have a big hit this year. She isn’t winning any of them. If anything, The Middle would get in before any of her songs.

I’m not delusional. TBH, I hate “Delicate”, it’s pure trash. It doesn’t deserve to win anything, but if the Grammys keep being biased against Rap and Urban, Taylor could win with a moderate “hit” for lack of competition, because it’s her. They love her. I don’t think it will be nominated, but if it is…

Doesn’t matter how weak this year has been, they won’t give ‘Delicate’ an award in the GF.
    They will award the hit. There’s no deserving nominee? Fuck, let’s give it to the hit. And the Grammy goes to… “That’s What I Like It”.

There’s much more chance of last Grammys scenario to repeat itself than Swift being nominated for a non-hit and win.

Sorry, but Delicate is already assured of being #1 song in US Adult Pop Songs by this week. I feel that Delicate will make it to top 5 in US Pop Songs by next week. The only lock for Delicate to be nominated is Best Pop Solo, but I won’t be surprise if this song gets nominated in SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Shivam Nainwal
    Topics:
    Shivam Nainwal
    Topics:

^This is disappointing, ESPECIALLY FOR THIS YEAR. Like they hardly have pople to fill up the 5 nominations spaces this shitty year, how the fuck would they even have 8 nominations? Who eould they nominate? I’m just frikkin confused and baffled, to be honest. Neil Portnow is desperate for redemption.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Well the dragging culture from Twitter will be really maddening next year.

Maybe from now on all posters should update their predictions to fit this new rule

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HengeBoy
    Topics:

Sam is so snatching an nod…

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by HengeBoy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

“… Other newly announced Grammy Award changes being rolled out are less dramatic, though possibly not to those directly affected.
    In the compilation soundtrack album field, for instance, music supervisors will become eligible to be recognized as nominees, but they will no longer be eligible to be nominated as album producers unless they produced at least 51% of albums being considered.
    The “surround sound album” category is being renamed as “immersive audio album” to reflect technological changes. The academy also is modifying criteria and definition for the “alternative album” category to help clarify that field.”

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-grammy-awards-nominations-increase-20180626-story.html

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,036 through 1,050 (of 1,055 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.