Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 5)

2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 598 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 min ago
( +17 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodrigues
D.C.
Gucci
  • D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s so special about “no tears left to cry,” though?

And tbh, I think “All The Stars” will be pushed over “Pray for Me.”

That’s the million dollar question.

As far as the Black Panther singles, I’m not sure what their approach will be. All the Stars was the slightly bigger hit, but Pray for Me has more starpower and was a bigger hit on pop radio. At least in genre categories, I think it would be smart to push Pray for Me to Pop Duo/Group and All the Stars in Rap/Sung and not pit them against each other.

In the general field, I think they should do All the Stars for Record and Pray for Me in Song. Or maybe they’ll just enter both and let the BRP do their thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

You can’t even question someone’s picks without being accused of a being a stan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Teyana Taylor in Urban Contemporary as well. Hopefully her album catches more buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

You can’t even question someone’s picks without being accused of a being a stan.

Nor can you leave a certain artist out without being accused of being a biased hater ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam Nainwal
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with All The Stars being pushed over Pray For Me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Nor can you leave a certain artist out without being accused of being a biased hater ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I didn’t accuse you of that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s one of the few actual pop hits this year, and was acclaimed.

I don’t think it’s a lock or anything, but outright dismissing it over tracks from U2 and Post Malone?

Agree with you. All The Stars seems like a better choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Getting a few good reviews does not = acclaim. There’s no Metacritic for singles so to try to compare Ariana’s reviews to Pray for Me’s is just… nonsensical. (Question: where are you getting your information that one is acclaimed while the other isn’t? Wikipedia?)

U2 are past winners in both categories and released an album that is at least somewhat of an AOTY contender, so I don’t get why you think it’s so wild for me to point their singles out as possibilities. As if it would be the first time an album was able to win voters over enough to push non-hits into ROTY and SOTY (this happened just this past year).

And Post Malone is having a huge year, not to mention Rockstar and Psycho are bigger than NTLTC and Better Now will be as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/108339-ariana-grande-no-tears-left-to-cry.php

By MC standards, an 80 or more is acclaimed.

(Album of The Year is basically a more complete MC. I like they have singles.)

Pray for Me doesn’t have a critic score, but that just proves my point. I doubt Kendrick even sends it over ATS.

Also, if it were just by “bigger hits” then we’d be talking about Gucci Gang.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, comparing Jay Z to U2 doesn’t make much sense. Jay Z had an album in July while Songs of Experience came out in December. 4:44 was acclaimed while U2 weren’t. The Jay Z album tracks actually charted.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

“based on 1 review” lmaooooooo

If I based my predictions solely based on what the biggest hits of the year were then I’d be predicting No Tears Left to Cry. So why does it bother you so much that I’m not? Get over it.

And before Jay-Z, there were the Dixie Chicks, and Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, and others. ROTY and SOTY are not exclusively for hit singles. The point, as usual, is going straight over your head.

I’m done arguing about this with you. If you don’t like my predictions, make your own and leave me the fuck alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol okay sweetheart.

To clarify though (to everyone except D.C, don’t get triggered): I do think U2 could sneak into AOTY, but Song/Record seems very off. Songs that get there are usually stand out tracks from critically acclaimed albums, or the songs themselves are acclaimed.

Someone mentioned Brandi here a few pages ago as well. I hope she can sneak in, her album is awesome.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Calvin Harris’ One Kiss is pretty much a lock for a Best Dance Recording win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Calvin Harris’ One Kiss is pretty much a lock for a Best Dance Recording win.

I wouldn’t bet on it that much. He’s been snubbed for bigger hits. But he did get a Producer of The Year nom last year, so he’ll probably get a nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    RadioGAGAhead
    Participant
    Topics:

Are there any traditional R&B contenders who have a shot at the GF? I only know & listen to more of the Urban Contemporary category.

Would be interested to hear more about any possible left field R&B, jazz, classical, instrumental, folk, and international contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 598 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.