Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 5)

2019 Grammy Predictions (PART 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 1,219 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os Rodrigues
DC95
Gucci
  • Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Why wouldn’t Ed submit his latest single to Pop Solo though? Anywhere he gets in he’s gonna win, and I could see Happier or Galway Girl as surprise nominees in Pop Solo since the Grammy’s like him that much.

Plus, I still can’t wrap my head around the idea of Beyoncé being paid dust when she was partially why that song hit #1. It was stuck at #3 before the remix. Same happens with Pray.

I would say Sam will submit Too Good (Live) for Pop Solo and Pray for Pop Duo, and Ed will submit Happier to Pop Solo and Perfect to Pop Duo.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

*Taylor wins Best-selling album at BBMAs*

– BBMAs have nothing to do with the Grammys.

*Taylor is snubbed by VMAs*

– VMAs are very important to predict for the next year’s Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Because the BBMAs has little to do with the Grammys and the VMAs do. The BBMAs award chart success. The VMAs award success + quality.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Why wouldn’t Ed submit his latest single to Pop Solo though? Anywhere he gets in he’s gonna win, and I could see Happier or Galway Girl as surprise nominees in Pop Solo since the Grammy’s like him that much.

On top of the fact that submitting international singles that got no US airplay would be a colossally dumb decision (they would absolutely lose against more familiar hits by other artists, and struggle to get nominated), those songs – like the original version of Perfect – aren’t eligible because they’re from a Grammy-winning album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk then. I just hope he doesn’t pay Beyoncé dust. She made that song tolerable.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

The BBMAs literally serve no other purpose than to reflect actual chart statistics. They don’t tell you anything that record sales don’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam Nainwal
    Participant
    Topics:

So, after the VMAs nominations, I do think that Taylor might get snubbed at the Grammys as well. I know they are not related or anything, but it’s telling. On the other hand, I also think that it might not have any effect considering VMAs are just a buzzfest and only give nominations and awards out to artists who are going to attend and give them ratings. I’m torn, but right now, I’m not as sure about Taylor Swift at the Grammys as I was earlier.

Exactly. It shows she’s not getting that much of support some people were assuming.

I agree. But, then again, the VMAs are mostly, if not fully rigged. So, I don’t think it kills her chances altogether, but as D.C. said, it definitley puts a damper on them.

ReplyCopy URL
    swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Hahaha true

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

BBMAs are voted based on chart success and stats. If they were true indicators, Drake would’ve swept when he was nominated. As for the VMAs, like the Golden Globes, they are star fuckers and love their ratings but they are still considered somewhat of a precursor. The people who have been the most nominated or recognized there for past decade have been nominated for AOTY with the exception of Justin Timberlake. Since 2009;

Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Kendrick all were the most nominated and got AOTY nods. Since Cardi has the most and considering the year she’s having, she’s gonna be a nominee if you didn’t already know.

And wouldn’t Taylor Swift fit in the “star fucker” category? She’s immensely popular and the awards love her, don’t they? Isn’t she supposed to bring ratings? So why wasn’t she nominated here? Even for flop sales, Bey and Jay got 8 nominations and the song has been out for a month (albeit and cue the “they pay for the awards!”). Taylor has had a whole year with a song that was #1 (front loaded) and almost has 1 Billion views and yet….Missed. By a large margin.

Gives me a bit of an “uh oh”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

BBMAs are voted based on chart success and stats. If they were true indicators, Drake would’ve swept when he was nominated. As for the VMAs, like the Golden Globes, they are star fuckers and love their ratings but they are still considered somewhat of a precursor. The people who have been the most nominated or recognized there for past decade have been nominated for AOTY with the exception of Justin Timberlake. Since 2009;

Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Kendrick all were the most nominated and got AOTY nods. Since Cardi has the most and considering the year she’s having, she’s gonna be a nominee if you didn’t already know.

And wouldn’t Taylor Swift fit in the “star fucker” category? She’s immensely popular and the awards love her, don’t they? Isn’t she supposed to bring ratings? So why wasn’t she nominated here? Even for flop sales, Bey and Jay got 8 nominations and the song has been out for a month (albeit and cue the “they pay for the awards!”). Taylor has had a whole year with a song that was #1 (front loaded) and almost has 1 Billion views and yet….Missed. By a large margin.

Gives me a bit of an “uh oh”.

Exactly my thoughts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rihariana
    Participant
    Topics:

“No Tears Left to Cry” by @ArianaGrande spent another week in the top 10, bringing it to a total of 10 non-consecutive weeks.

Ariana joins Drake and Post Malone as the only artist to have a single release this year to spend 10 or more weeks in the top 10 of Billboard Hot 100.“

Definitely a pop solo contender.

Ariana Grande, Rihanna

ReplyCopy URL
    waizinpaing
    Participant
    Topics:

VMA is just video awards. Nothing related to Grammys. We can see previous years winners and nominees. They nominate the quality videos. Apes**t is about what? I don’t think it is a kind of superstars’ work (music). It’s just a video.

And Grammys can’t nominate the highest rating albums and songs. Because they are so boring. If they nominate only the highest rated albums and songs, none of hit songs will perform in there and will be so boring and no one would care about the Grammys anymore. We need music to cure our loneliness and sadness. So we need the catchy songs (any genre).

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo:

Perfect (live) – Ed Sheeran
    God Is A Woman – Ariana Grande
    Too Good At Goodbyes (live) – Sam Smith
    Never Be the Same – Camila Cabello
    Growing Pains – Alessia Cara

If Ed submits Perfect Duet to Pop Group then:

5th slot: “IDGAF” – Dua Lipa

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

To be honest, Ariana Grande may be viewed as lightweight to some. And while she has some buzz, she has had some backlash over the last few months.

We were all so sure that “Despacito” was a lock in Pop Group, but it ended up losing to the pop rock favorite. It’s probably because the song is lightweight when you take away the 16 weeks at #1. Ariana will need a lot more than a weak year because I can see a song that wasn’t a hit winning over her (Sam Smith’s “Pray” for example).

Also, pop music is in a weird state right now. Big hits tend to win in Pop Solo, but we haven’t seen many of those since streaming has reached an all-time high. I can definitely see those smaller songs winning now like how Pop Female and Pop Male used to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

The closest thing to “backlash” she received was conservatives getting mad at GIAW, which I doubt the Grammy’s care, and her engagement. And everyone seems to like it now.

Honestly it’s kinda sad how some of y’all are predicting fucking Pray over an actual hit that was also acclaimed. I’m not saying y’all are “haters” or any of that. It’s just that you guys are not accepting the facts that Grammy’s are forced to evolve.

Y’all might find it lightweight, but to everyone else is a good pop song. I don’t think I’ve even seen bad reviews of it. It’s the third song to spend more than 10 weeks inside the top 10 this year, and the only pop song to do so. If you want to predict Kelly’s or Sam Smith’s non hits then fine. But it’s pretty telling how (some) of y’all are willing to ignore the entire history of a category just to not predict a “teen” act. Ariana Grande is as popular these days as most pop acts. She has the popularity. She has the acclaim. She has previous noms. She even has support from literally everyone in the industry (except Mariah Carey).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.