Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 7)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 993 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodrigues
Gucci
D.C.
  • D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Carry on.

theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we talk about other categories?
    Who are the better choices for traditional pop, enginereed album and recording package?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for the new thread cause the Swifties were starting pure, unadulterated comedy in the last few pages.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Sham my ass! Taylor Swift does NOT deserve to win AOTY again for being basic.

ReplyCopy URL
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is really not winning or probably even receiving a nomination to be honest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Who are the better choices for traditional pop, enginereed album and recording package?

Traditional Pop seema rather weak this year. Has Tony Bennett released something?

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Traditional Pop seema rather weak this year. Has Tony Bennett released something?

Willie Nelson, Josh Groban, and Tony Bennett/Diana Krall are all releasing albums next month

ReplyCopy URL
    shivamnainwal
    Participant
    Topics:

I enjoy Taylor Swift’s music and even I was rolling my eyes hard during the last 3-5 pages of the previous thread. It’s getting fucking irritating now.

ReplyCopy URL
    atratre
    Participant
    Topics:

I enjoy Taylor Swift’s music and even I was rolling my eyes hard during the last 3-5 pages of the previous thread. It’s getting fucking irritating now.

so why you are saying that her you can say it in her thread

you said it’s getting irritating and now you’re starting to talk about her????

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

^ and you either. Swift it’s not winning anyway, so we better let that and go to another topic.

LOL actually Tony Bennet is releasing an album on the 14th September with Diana Krall.

Moving on, I’m feeling we’re going to see another disaster in SOTY. It’s hard to predict the lineup but what we already expect to be in it’s not exciting at all. I’d prefer to see an outsider a la ‘I Took a Pill in Ibiza’ winning rather than something like ‘That’s What I Like It’.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, we’re going to see a disaster in ROTY, AOTY, SOTY, BNA, and all genre categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    shivamnainwal
    Participant
    Topics:

so why you are saying that her you can say it in her thread

you said it’s getting irritating and now you’re starting to talk about her????

I’m saying this here so y’all can shut the fuck up and talk about something else or move the conversation to a thread dedicated to her.
    Moving on, I think the Tony Bennett album with Diana Krall would be a sure thing to get nominated in the Traditional Pop category.

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Panic! at the Disco’s songs be entered in Pop Solo or Pop Duo/Group? What is the precedent for these single-member “bands”?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Panic! at the Disco’s songs be entered in Pop Solo or Pop Duo/Group? What is the precedent for these single-member “bands”?

The only case I can think of is when Sade’s “By Your Side” was nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. I think there have been instances in Best Female R&B Vocal Performance circa 1970 where female-led bands were nominated.

What’s the deal with Panic! at the Disco? They’re not a “group”?

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

The only case I can think of is when Sade’s “By Your Side” was nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. I think there have been instances in Best Female R&B Vocal Performance circa 1970 where female-led bands were nominated.

What’s the deal with Panic! at the Disco? They’re not a “group”?

It’s a bit complicated.

While they still have touring and performance members, the music itself was made by Brendon Urie alone. The touring members aren’t listed as official members of the band, and if I’m not mistake Urie played all the instruments or something like that.

On that topic, I think they’ll send Say Amen (Saturday Night) to Rock Performance/Rock Song and High Hopes to Pop Duo (or Pop Solo, whatevs)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 993 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.