Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 7)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,020 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
49 years ago
( +18 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodrigues
Gucci
D.C.
  • Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, “This Is America” is a 1000X better than most of the crap released this year.

D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

What are we thinking is the genre for Egypt Station?

Either Pop Album or Rock Album.

Chaos and Creation in the Backyard and Memory Almost Full were nominated for Pop Album. New (his most recent album) was in contention for Rock Album (didn’t get the nomination). (Kisses on the Bottom was nominated for Traditional Pop Album, but that was an album of Great American Songbook covers.)

My guess is Pop but we’ll see.

D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is America could well be a threat to win in the general field depending on what gets nominated. I wouldn’t write it off so easily. The song/video made a huge impact and Donald Glover has been on a roll (not just in music) the last few years.

I’m not convinced it gets the SOTY nomination, but right now I’m leaning towards it. I would be very surprised if it weren’t nominated for ROTY.

MD JIVE
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking something similar happened in 2002. Five for Fighting was nominated in “Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal” but I was thinking “Five for Fighting” wasn’t actually a band, it was John Ondrasik. I am also thinking about how in 1997, The Tony Rich Project was nominated in Best Male Pop Vocal Performance because despite the name sounding like a band, Tony Rich was actually a solo artist. I believe he used The Tony Rich Project name to give credit to the musicians who accompanied him on the albums tracks.

Oscar Rdrgs
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking something similar happened in 2002. Five for Fighting was nominated in “Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal” but I was thinking “Five for Fighting” wasn’t actually a band, it was John Ondrasik. I am also thinking about how in 1997, The Tony Rich Project was nominated in Best Male Pop Vocal Performance because despite the name sounding like a band, Tony Rich was actually a solo artist. I believe he used The Tony Rich Project name to give credit to the musicians who accompanied him on the albums tracks.

So by that logic, Panic At This Disco competes in Pop Duo Group instead of Pop Solo

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar’s “LOVE” feat Zachari was served to radio as the album’s third single on October 2, 2017. This would deem it eligible right?

If that’s the case, I could see it getting nominated in Rap/Sung Performance and wouldn’t be surprised if got a Record of The Year nomination. The song was definitely a big hit, and it’s certified 4X Platinum.

only_one
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar’s “LOVE” feat Zachari was served to radio as the album’s third single on October 2, 2017. This would deem it eligible right? If that’s the case, I could see it getting nominated in Rap/Sung Performance and wouldn’t be surprised if got a Record of The Year nomination. The song was definitely a big hit, and it’s certified 4X Platinum.

It was strong at radio too. In fact  it’s  still top 50 at Rhythmic , Urban and Urban AC.

JSA
    Participant
    Topics:

AMAs are based on charts, of course Bruno swept those.

This is America didn’t have that much longevity on the charts but it still had impact on pop culture and several analyzing pieces on its music video. It should get into ROTY fairly easily and would seem like a winner but not a lock to win. SOTY, I’m not so sure.

Nah he didn’t have any competition. He wasn’t against ANY fandom.
    And I HATE This is America, the song and the video…AWFUL! BUT I really see it winning grammys, had an impact for a small period of time.

swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Perfect (Acoustic) eligible for ROTY or only Perfect Duet?

Oscar Rdrgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar’s “LOVE” feat Zachari was served to radio as the album’s third single on October 2, 2017. This would deem it eligible right?

If that’s the case, I could see it getting nominated in Rap/Sung Performance and wouldn’t be surprised if got a Record of The Year nomination. The song was definitely a big hit, and it’s certified 4X Platinum.

I think it can’t be nominated in the Rap field since Kendrick won Rap Album

Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s correct. “LOVE.” is not eligible for Best Rap/Sung Performance since Kendrick Lamar won Best Rap Album.

D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Perfect (Acoustic) eligible for ROTY or only Perfect Duet?

Either are eligible for ROTY. But they can only pick one version to enter. Ie they can’t enter the song in Pop Solo and Pop Duo/Group, or one version in ROTY and another in the pop field, etc. only one version of a song by the same artist is allowed per year.

swift
    Participant
    Topics:

Either are eligible for ROTY. But they can only pick one version to enter. Ie they can’t enter the song in Pop Solo and Pop Duo/Group, or one version in ROTY and another in the pop field, etc. only one version of a song by the same artist is allowed per year.

Got it, I see the possibility of Ed submitting the acoustic version instead of the Duet, since the solo version of the song was bigger and it was the version sent to the radio

Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

G-Eazy will win Best rap album and rap song and performance for No Limit. Who agrees? He is 100% the frontrunner according to everybody

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

G-Eazy will win Best rap album and rap song and performance for No Limit. Who agrees? He is 100% the frontrunner according to everybody

*Crickets*

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,020 total)

The topic ‘2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.