Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 9)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,021 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Os
PoweR
  • DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Hate to add another Grammy thread to the front page, but it’s time for a new general prediction thread. Continue the discussion here.

The first round of voting to determine nominations begins this Wednesday, October 17, and ends two weeks later on October 31. Keep that in mind while making predictions.

As usual, most submission information will NOT be known until voting begins, so if we could please try to keep discussion of “What category will this (song/artist/album) be in?” to a minimum, that’d be great. HITS Daily Double ( http://hitsdailydouble.com ) usually provides this information once voting begins, and user NuCat has offered to provide submissions as well.

Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank God we have a new thread. The last one was too full.

Anyways, I’m thinking of giving the BNA edge to Ella Mai instead of Dua Lipa. I feel like Ella has more buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love Ella to win BNA but I don’t think it’ll happen. She just seems like a one hit wonder at this point. However her album just being released and ‘Trip’ getting closer to the Hot 100 top 10 might give her more buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Ella Mai will be nominated but won’t win. Same with Dua Lipa.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

To respond to you here, please everyone knows who writes their songs and who does not. Taylor wrote an entire album by herself. Adele wrote most of her hits by herself (usually the producer is credited because she writes the lyrics as she listens to the piano, and thus the producer must be credited since his sound was used for the songwriting, that’s a rule). Same goes for Gaga. Most of her hits have only her and her producer for the same reason.

Ed Sheeran documented the entire thing in his documentary Songwriter. If you have any doubts about his songwriting abilities go watch it. He doesn’t actually need co-songwriters and wrote Perfect and Love Yourself by himself for example.

So let’s never open this debate again. We all know the practice of adding a couple of words just to get songwriting credit, and that’s what Ariana, Camila, Bieber do nowadays to get some credit.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Please don’t rehash this discussion here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl the other thread was just fine. We couldve waited until NuCat gave us the Submission tea to make a new thread and have that be the first post.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>Girl the other thread was just fine. We couldve waited until NuCat gave us the Submission tea to make a new thread and have that be the first post. </p>

The other thread is past 1,000 replies which makes it impossible to jump directly to a new post.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

When will NuCat post the submissions?

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>When will NuCat post the submissions?</p>

Did you even read DC’s first message on this thread????

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>To respond to you here, please everyone knows who writes their songs and who does not. Taylor wrote an entire album by herself. Adele wrote most of her hits by herself (usually the producer is credited because she writes the lyrics as she listens to the piano, and thus the producer must be credited since his sound was used for the songwriting, that’s a rule). Same goes for Gaga. Most of her hits have only her and her producer for the same reason.</p> <p>Ed Sheeran documented the entire thing in his documentary Songwriter. If you have any doubts about his songwriting abilities go watch it. He doesn’t actually need co-songwriters and wrote Perfect and Love Yourself by himself for example.</p> <p>So let’s never open this debate again. We all know the practice of adding a couple of words just to get songwriting credit, and that’s what Ariana, Camila, Bieber do nowadays to get some credit.</p>

I’ll say this and then I’ll move on:

Music is not only lyrics, but it’s also voice and production. I could give two shits if Ariana wrote an album by herself; as long as she delivers vocally and the lyrics keep being great, I don’t care who wrote it. I rather hear Ariana slay Max Martin’s songs than hear another Taylor Swift song where she uses opposites and parallels (songwriting classes help you understand) or another corny Ed Sheeran ballad.

I mean, Halsey writes her own shit. Is she better than someone like Celine Dion?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Best New Artist is officially useless if they didn’t get it right this past year. Alessia Cara is already looking like a victim of the so-called “curse.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Whitney didn’t write shit, but that didn’t make her any less of a legend.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>Best New Artist is officially useless if they didn’t get it right this past year. Alessia Cara is already looking like a victim of the so-called “curse.”</p>

True. They should just get rid of that category once and for all.

ReplyCopy URL
    RebelQuad
    Participant
    Topics:

What is even the point of the Best New Artist award? To award somebody for becoming mainstream? Every single famous artist has done it and if they didn’t they wouldn’t be a famous artist.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,021 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.