Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 9)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,015 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
PoweR
  • Hiroshi899
    Participant
    Topics:

From what it looks like Cardi isn’t winning anything (at least against the imminent competition that is Drake and Kendrick). I personally don’t think she should win anything tbh.

Best New Artist looks like a complete shit show. The front runners seem to be all female with the exception of Greta Van Vleet. I guess that’s the Grammys’ consolation for the lack of female representation. Its funny though because literally we’ve had a year of the Women with Cardi, Beyoncé, Ariana, and Janelle Monae. However we’re still back at square one with most of the front runners being males. I can’t wait for the uproar that’s going to follow the nomination ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    ddib3
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t agree. Why on earth would they snub This Is America, one of the most visible/important songs of the year, by an artist who is prolific in the entertainment industry?

And Cardi is on fire. She should get nominations across the board in the rap field.

I’m not saying he should get snubbed I just never saw This is America or I Like It as Rap/Sung contenders, especially since the “singing” is so faint and barely remarkable in each track. That’s why I said I would’ve rather seen each of them submit to Rap Song/Rap Performance only.

Hence… why they entered God’s Plan.

And Drake won’t win Record of the Year regardless; it doesn’t matter what he submits.

Regardless of what we think of Drake, he’s the biggest star of the year. There has only been 14 weeks out of the year where he has not been #1 on the Hot 100, and we’re already nearing November. ROTY, to me, is supposed to be the song that reflects what that year is all about. Either of those top 3 Drake songs should definitely be considered for the win. I’d take that over an AOTY or SOTY win.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I kept saying this all year. Even a win isn’t impossible but I’ll keep shut on that.

Lol…. If the Academy voted for Beck over Beyoncé’s megasuccessful self-entitled album, just because they’re not into her genre, what makes you think they’ll give Kendrick Lamar his first AoTY for a much less-successful work?

Don’t worry, shitty year or not, they’ll find a traditional choice they’ll pick as usual, probably Taylor Swift, Sam Smith or some other country artist. I don’t think Black Panther deserves AoTY anyway. If DAMN was released this year, it would’ve been the clear choice, even for me (who’s not a big rap listener).

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all think Kendrick is gonna score some wins? I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Black Panther win and maybe Mona Lisa win in rap song. As for Drake idk what he’s gonna pull off, AOTY is out of the question however realistically. And I think Cardi isn’t expecting any wins to be honest, but we all knew she was gonna rack up nominations, it’s only her first year she’ll be alright.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hiroshi899
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all think Kendrick is gonna score some wins? I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Black Panther win and maybe Mona Lisa win in rap song. As for Drake idk what he’s gonna pull off, AOTY is out of the question however realistically. And I think Cardi isn’t expecting any wins to be honest, but we all knew she was gonna rack up nominations, it’s only her first year she’ll be alright.

He’s most likely taking home Rap Album and maybe Rap/Sung. Everything else is up in the air it seems like.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all think Kendrick is gonna score some wins? I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Black Panther win and maybe Mona Lisa win in rap song.

His best chances are

Rap/Sung – main competition is This Is America and In My Feelings.

Rap Album – with this category being the clusterfuck that it is, Black Panther could pull off a surprise win here.

Visual Media Song – unlikely, but could happen if Shallow and This Is Me split votes. Those two are the frontrunners for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar is NOT a slam-dunk in any of his categories. He could go home empty-handed.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I Like It in Rap/Sung and major categories (Be Careful in Rap Perf)<br> Perfect Duet is the version submitted, in ROY & Pop DG<br> Shallow also submitted everywhere<br> Better Now in Pop Solo<br> High Horse submitted in major categories<br> One Kiss in Dance Rec<br> Meant to Be in Country DG<br> Drake submitted God’s Plan in major categories<br> Havana (Live) in Pop Solo, no Camila in BNA<br> LOVE. In Music Vid<br> God is a Woman in ROY & Pop Solo & Music Vid, No Tears Left in SOY<br> Egypt Station in Rock Album<br> Love Lies in R&B Perf<br> Christmas After Midnight in Trad Pop<br> Finesse (Remix) in Music Vid<br> The Middle in Pop DG<br> Viola Davis is in Children’s Rec, Sally Field in Spoken Word<br> Everything Is Love in UrbCon Album</p>

YESSSS VIOLA WE COMING TO WIN 🔥🔥🔥

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol…. If the Academy voted for Beck over Beyoncé’s megasuccessful self-entitled album, just because they’re not into her genre, what makes you think they’ll give Kendrick Lamar his first AoTY for a much less-successful work?

Don’t worry, shitty year or not, they’ll find a traditional choice they’ll pick as usual, probably Taylor Swift, Sam Smith or some other country artist. I don’t think Black Panther deserves AoTY anyway. If DAMN was released this year, it would’ve been the clear choice, even for me (who’s not a big rap listener).

All these hypotheticals are tiring, y’all use it with every explanation, and frankly no one cares. I didn’t ask for your opinion on the album nor do I care. You saying it’s not deserving of an AOTY nomination and then proceeding to mention Taylor Swift is completely laughable, not even mentioning how your post came off a little suspect. At least DC had a reasonable argument about it not maintaining enough buzz throughout the year. You’ve done nothing but constantly bitch about how this album is trash and how this song is horrendous and how Taylor Swift is the front runner to win everything there is possible. From your constant whining about how Sweetener was trash and how Ariana Grande is a garbage artist, to Taylor Swift being left out the GF would somehow generate outrage, and now how Shallow can win SOTY. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, nobody on here frankly gives a fuck about what you consider quality music, seeing how you said yourself you don’t listen to rap music. Make cases for artists, whatever, but please stop bitching about which songs are bad and which songs are good. The old white man description they gave you is starting to fit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

My Predictions:

Rap Album: Scorpion

Rap Song: God’s Plan

Rap Perf.: Nice For What

Rap/Sung: This Is America

Pop Solo: Delicate

Pop DG: Perfect

Pop Vocal: Reputation

Do you agree?

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s like when M sees anyone predicting Black Panther or Ariana Grande to win anything, he comes crashing in trying to trash it like anyone asked for his opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

My Predictions:

Rap Album: Scorpion

Rap Song: God’s Plan

Rap Perf.: Nice For What

Rap/Sung: This Is America

Pop Solo: Delicate

Pop DG: Perfect

Pop Vocal: Reputation

Do you agree?

Nominations aren’t even out yet. Stop asking us what we think about every damn category. Just make your predictions and go.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Also disappointed with how Atlantic submitted Finesse. It may be a remix but it can fit in a lot of places.

Finesse wouldn’t be nominated for anything. The Grammys never nominate remixes, specially after a sweep by the same artist. They’d probably snub Bruno anywhere, unless it was submitted it in Pop/Duo, but even then, it could’ve been snubbed anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everybody so mean and disrespectful to eachother. Can we discuss this as normal people without being mean and saying this song sucks… We all have different opinions and should respect that and discuss politely. This is for you Gucci- you are so annoying with your complains

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Vogue, I’m here to make predictions. I understand you’re a SZA fan or something. But you shouldn’t find offense in me saying I don’t think Black Panther will win.

I’m not a Taylor Swift “stan”, I said she might win based on her history with the Academy. That’s a reasonable prediction. I don’t think predicting a 10-time Grammy winner to win again is “laughable”. It’s always interesting how you complain about me not rooting for Black Panther etc.. when you proceed to “laugh” about other artists yourself. We all have biases, it’s fine. But no need to act like I’m the only one who has them. Because your own post says otherwise.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 1,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.