Home Forums Music 2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 9)

2019 Grammy Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,015 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
PoweR
  • Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Count me in as one of the people who do NOT see it for Camila “non-singing, no-talent” Cabello. If she does squeak out a nomination (which I highly doubt), no way in hell is “Havana” (Live) winning a damn thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is reportedly submitting No Tears Left To Cry for SOTY, and God Is A Woman for ROTY, Best Pop Solo, and Best Music Video.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is reportedly submitting No Tears Left To Cry for SOTY, and God Is A Woman for ROTY, Best Pop Solo, and Best Music Video.

Thanks for that relevant new information

ReplyCopy URL
    Geoff Andrew
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you guys have winning Rap Album?

Black Panther or Invasion of Privacy

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Invasion Of Privacy is winning Rap Album. Cardi right now is too popular to lose to a soundtrack album. And the former is a really good album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Geoff Andrew
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for that relevant new information

LMAO i have ignored him for months i didn’t see his post

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

LMAO i have ignored him for months i didn’t see his post

I thought I did too but I guess it’s never too late!

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Wayne can win rap album if he gets in tbh. I’m a fan of Cardi but I think Black Panther is better than IOP tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Wayne can win rap album if he gets in tbh. I’m a fan of Cardi but I think Black Panther is better than IOP tbh.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to Metacritic scores, but IOP is at 84. And commercial performance is The Fame big for a debut album, with two #1 singles from it and good streaming/sales throughout the year. I really doubt she’ll go empty handed this year.

I agree it’s a debut album. And generally speaking it’s hard for debut albums to breakthrough, unless it’s something so grammy-friendly like Sam Smith’s, but still I think it will get The Fame treatment, nominations everywhere including in GF, but will only win genre categories (in Cardi’s case, probably two wins in rap categories). The rap voters rewarded Kendrick last year. They won’t feel the need to ignore Cardi to do him justice again.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 11 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll be nice to know why Black Panther was placed in Best Rap Album. I have a feeling that it was placed in Soundtrack but moved due to most of the music not being in the movie.

Who knows the rules for Soundtrack Album?

Black Panther does throw some heat into the Rap Album category. I am not convinced it will win, but the Kendrick power + the impact of Black Panther will most certainly be a threat to stop Cardi or Drake from winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s either BP or Cardi at this point, I’m mixed on this because Kendrick is a Grammy darling but Cardi been killing it since she debuted, I’m so torn..

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is going to win at least 2-3 Grammys including Best Pop Solo and Best Pop Album even though she won’t win AOTY. But, I feel that there’s probably a real chance that she might pull an upset win against Dirty Computer or Everything Is Love.

ReplyCopy URL
    brokehomeboy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d be happy to see Cardi win something however, but realistically speaking she could go home empty handed. If she does win I’ll have to mute all the barbs & bardi gang on twitter lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Black Panther is one to watch out for in Best Rap Album. It has a lot of shit going on in its favor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll be nice to know why Black Panther was placed in Best Rap Album. I have a feeling that it was placed in Soundtrack but moved due to most of the music not being in the movie.

Who knows the rules for Soundtrack Album?

Black Panther does throw some heat into the Rap Album category. I am not convinced it will win, but the Kendrick power + the impact of Black Panther will most certainly be a threat to stop Cardi or Drake from winning.

Purely speculative, but my theory is that Interscope/TDE took a chance and entered it in Rap Album, expecting an easier win there than in Visual Media Soundtrack against The Greatest Showman, knowing it could be moved, and the rap panel kept it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.