Home Forums Music 2019 Grammys (Part 8)

2019 Grammys (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,095 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
Gucci
  • ddib3
    Participant
    Topics:

How do you guys think “I Like It” and the Kacey Musgraves singles will do? You think they’ll end up in their “respective” genres or will the Academy stick all the genre-ambiguous tracks/albums to GF?

ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Kacey wont win country categories (myb best country album) and also I like it wont win rap categories for sure. I think both get nominations in gf. I like it for ROTY and Kacey singles in SOTY and both will get an AOTY but dont see them winning in GF

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>How do you guys think “I Like It” and the Kacey Musgraves singles will do? You think they’ll end up in their “respective” genres or will the Academy stick all the genre-ambiguous tracks/albums to GF?</p>

I think “I Like It” could be one of those situations where it’s just nominated for ROTY but misses out on the genre categories.

I still think the committee will place “I Like It” in Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will still go home empty-handed. Grammy voters in Pop Category usually vote for respectable artists who write their own stuff like Taylor Swift, Adele, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Lorde, Ed Sheeran etc..

I’m pretty sure Taylor Swift will win in both categories. But if neither her nor Kelly Clarkson win, and the Grammy voters were to consider other mainstream pop singers, I bet they’d go for Havana rather than NTLTC since the former is much more popular and successful anyway. Not that Ariana is more talented than Camilla anyway. Neither of them writes their music.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

You forgot Ed in pop solo performance

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

You forgot Ed in pop solo performance

Well I hope he submits in Pop Solo Performance, so that he puts this category out of its misery. At least in that case we’ll have a deserving winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

But also like for all of the stans here even if your fave doesnt win a Grammy its still not important i mean Grammys dont mean almost anything right now its still fun to predict them now. They change all the time. And Taylor Swift has more awards than Whitney, Mariah, Celine Dion, Madona, Janice,… I love Tay but she cant have more awards like the legends

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I never said Delicate was Grammy-worthy. It actually isn’t. I hope Perfect will be submitted and will win. Because none of the other options is Grammy-worthy anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

But where do you think Ed will submit Perfect? I hope pop solo but dont know

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>But where do you think Ed will submit Perfect? I hope pop solo but dont know</p>

Seriously, how many times are you going to ask this?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Not that Ariana is more talented than Camilla anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, I’m not even gonna argue, but I still don’t know where this “they don’t write their own songs” bullshit comes from. Camila cowrote all songs in her album and Ariana cowrote (mostly with one 1 writer) 2/3 of hers (which really is like 80% when you consider two songs are covers and one is a Beyoncé reject). They use cowriters, as does Swift, Sheeran, and Gaga.

It doesn’t even matter to the convo, so please cut it off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Dear M,

You are delusional as fuck! Melodrama shits all over Joanne. Put down the bong!

Signed,

Gucci

ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

No honey. Taylor has written at least 40 songs alone. Ed wrote the biggest hit this year aka Perfect by himself and Gaga has some selfwritten tracks but mostly 1 or 2 songwriters while Havana was written by 10 people. You know whos a writer and a true artist and who is a singer who just gets songs. Ariana co-wrote some songs but probably didnt do anything except for some lyrics or something so that she got credits

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>No honey. Taylor has written at least 40 songs alone. Ed wrote the biggest hit this year aka Perfect by himself and Gaga has some selfwritten tracks but mostly 1 or 2 songwriters while Havana was written by 10 people. You know whos a writer and a true artist and who is a singer who just gets songs. Ariana co-wrote some songs but probably didnt do anything except for some lyrics or something so that she got credits</p>

Taylor cowrote her last two albums with Max Martin, Shellback, and Jack Antonoff. Perfect was written by Ed’s brother and him, plus Beyoncé wrote her part as well.

And again: what does that have to do with anything? Is Bruno Mars suddenly lesser than Ed Sheeran just because Ed has less writers? Does Taylor Swift sing better than Ariana Grande? Didn’t Camila’s album get a better critic score than most Gaga releases? The only people that care about pop stars writing their own songs are fanboys wanting to “prove” their fave is better.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,095 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.