February 11, 2019 at 9:02 am #1202772090
-H.E.R. losing best New Artist
-‘God is a woman’ losing Pop Solo
-‘Nice For What’ losing Rap Performance
-SZA going home empty-handed for the second year in a row
-St. Vincent losing Alternative Album
-SOPHIE losing Best Dance/Electronic Album
-‘This Is America’ winning SOTY
-Gaga winning Pop Solo
-Anderson .Paak winning Rap Performance
-Kacey sweeping the country fieldFebruary 11, 2019 at 9:05 am #1202772095
I was extremely surprised that Camila Cabello didn’t win Pop Solo Performance.February 11, 2019 at 9:29 am #1202772139
– All the Stars losing Best Rap/Sung Performance
– Shallow losing Song of the Year
– Dirty Computer losing Album of the Year
– God is a Woman losing Best Pop Solo Performance
– Joanne winning Best Pop Solo Performance
– This is America winning Best Rap/Sung Performance
– God’s Plan winning Best Rap Song
– Anderson Paak winning Best Rap PerformanceFebruary 11, 2019 at 10:10 am #1202772223
Anderson Paak and Jay Rock winning Rap Performance.
Gambino sweep because everybody sure Gaga is gonna sweep after she win Pop Solo also Gambino did not even appear and treat the Grammy’s what they deserved.February 11, 2019 at 10:14 am #1202772228
Post Malone never had a chance. Feel bad for Maren though.February 11, 2019 at 10:34 am #1202772261
1. Gaga scooping up Pop Solo, but losing ROTY and SOTY. I thought that Pop Solo nomination was more of a sign of support to win ROTY and SOTY. I should have kept “This Is America” as the frontrunner.
2. Drake losing Rap Performance to Kendrick Lamar/Jay Rock AND Anderson .Paak (who saw him coming?). This proves that Drake is not a favorite in the rap field. They gave him a giveaway with Rap Song (look at how he surprisingly showed up backstage after the winner was announced). And if he doesn’t like the Grammys, start declining them. A real statement would have been to make a speech and then decline the award. I LOVE how the Grammy cut him off. Drake’s not the one to give any political/social statement after years of keeping quiet.
3. Tie in Traditional R&B Performance. I’m glad they didn’t name-check Lalah Hathaway. The ‘new’ R&B guys rightfully won.
1. SZA. Now that H.E.R. and Ella Mai are Grammy winners, SZA is officially “due.” I think she will eventually win at the Grammys. She seems like the type to scoop up a win, especially if she scores a big R&B hit.
2. Janelle Monáe. Her Grammy fate was determined back in early December, but there was a bit of hope on my end that she would be the surprise. Kacey is extremely deserving of AOTY, but Janelle (or BP) winning, alongside “This Is America,” would have been a MOMENT. We can’t say the Grammys are “racist” after the Gambino wins, but a part of me says that Gambino is a safer choice (albeit still atypical from the usual) than most urban acts because of his acting/Emmy background.
3. H.E.R. losing Best New Artist. The Grammys picked the biggest pop star again, who could likely fade away. H.E.R. is by far more talented than Dua Lipa, and she showed that in her performance. The positive things are that her performance was a success and she still won TWO Grammys, including a televised one. Now her music has skyrocketed on iTunes and will probably see an increase on streaming. She’ll be a Grammy favorite for now on.February 11, 2019 at 10:42 am #1202772270
The biggest snub is definitely Maren Morris going 5-0. She’s the Jay Z of this year.
The disappointment was clear on her face when she realized she went 5-0February 11, 2019 at 11:18 am #1202772339
Luke Combs in my opinion was overlooked for the Best New Artist award. So far everything gone to radio from him has gone all the way to the top not including his latest song because it isn’t there yet, but it is almost there. What does a guy who sings country music have to do in order to score this award?
God bless you and Luke always!!!
Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_QFebruary 11, 2019 at 2:28 pm #1202772550
The biggest snub is definitely Maren Morris going 5-0. She’s the Jay Z of this year. The disappointment was clear on her face when she realized she went 5-0
I’ve felt so bad for her- she should have won something in Country for Dear Hate (which is a really good and the type of a song the voters usually go for because of its message + she collaborated on it with a 21x Grammy winner Vince Gill), The Middle was also probably 2nd in Pop Duo/GroupFebruary 11, 2019 at 3:07 pm #1202772578
I don’t consider maren morris a snub by any means, her gf and country solo nods were not worthy at allFebruary 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm #1202772594
People really thought Shallow had a chance? it was my fourth behind: The Joke, and This is America. I knew she was done for when we wfound out Pop/duo group was going to be televised.February 12, 2019 at 4:52 am #1202773214
SZA is now at a career total of 9 nominations without a win.
In some ways Janelle who is at 8 nominations without a win, over a longer period, has had worse luck over the years.
She was even a featured vocalist on the Grammy wining ‘We Are Young’ by fun which resulted in fun winning SOTY (Janelle was not a writer) and BNA in 2013.
This time the snub was in mostly the nominations, where a nomination in another category would have given her a better chance of a win.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.