Home Forums Music 2019 Year-End / Decade-End Critics Lists

2019 Year-End / Decade-End Critics Lists

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 157 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Donchano
deshunfenty
Boz
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick is definitely best artist of the decade.

When it comes an entire discography, Kendrick’s pretty much untouchable in this regard.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Genius Ranking: top 10

1. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    2. Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp A Butterfly
    3. Frank Ocean, Blonde
    4. Beyoncé, Lemonade
    5. Drake, Take Care
    6. Rihanna, ANTi
    7. SZA, Ctrl
    8. Chance The Rapper, Acid Rap
    9. Solange, A Seat At The Table
    10. Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d city

the excellence in this list oh wow!

full list : https://genius.com/a/the-genius-communitys-100-best-albums-of-the-2010s

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Genius Ranking: top 10 1. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 2. Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp A Butterfly 3. Frank Ocean, Blonde 4. Beyoncé, Lemonade 5. Drake, Take Care 6. Rihanna, ANTi 7. SZA, Ctrl 8. Chance The Rapper, Acid Rap 9. Solange, A Seat At The Table 10. Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d city the excellence in this list oh wow! full list : https://genius.com/a/the-genius-communitys-100-best-albums-of-the-2010s

And all of you are still talking about racism in the music industry. Literally all of the artist on this list are black.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

And all of you are still talking about racism in the music industry. Literally all of the artist on this list are black.

One list (of a mostly hip-hop-based website that is mostly known for rap music) and y’all suddenly think that racism is over. Sit down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

One list (of a mostly hip-hop-based website that is mostly known for rap music) and y’all suddenly think that racism is over. Sit down.

There is no white artist in top 20. If the scenario would be opoosite, everybody will call it rasicm. One could argue hip-hop community is racist to white people.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

I am as well, when BTD first came out critics were destroying it, maybe they came to their senses 7 years later?
    It was also incredibly influential looking back now, Lana walked so that Lorde and Billie could run.

As the other user said i think they include it because of it’s impact, but i must say that i don’t think BTD is the right choice, i mean it is really not very well produced.

I would put Ultraviolence.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

BTD got shit on when it first came out… idk when and where critics started retracting on their opinions on it but the switch up is so funny.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

BTD got shit on when it first came out… idk when and where critics started retracting on their opinions on it but the switch up is so funny.

Literally the switch up happened when the year end lists have been coming out. All of these critics have suddenly realized “oh damn, this is better/more influential than I realized! Amazing!”

Plus with NFR being so good I think refreshed people’s minds.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Born To Die is a f*cking masterpiece.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no white artist in top 20. If the scenario would be opoosite, everybody will call it rasicm. One could argue hip-hop community is racist to white people.

Reverse racism does not exist, swiftie. You white pop fans are so predictable.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no reverse racism cause it’s all called ‘racism’. Stop.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s not act like it’s OK when some female rapper calls other people ‘white bitches’. Imagine if it was the other way around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Literally the switch up happened when the year end lists have been coming out. All of these critics have suddenly realized “oh damn, this is better/more influential than I realized! Amazing!” Plus with NFR being so good I think refreshed people’s minds.

I feel it started happening before though… just me probably.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel it started happening before though… just me probably.

As time progressed they started to appreciate her more Since Ultra. Then NFR was the masterpiece album that came. If they were gonna use a decade Best for Her then They should use NFR or Ultra, those are her top 2

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

With NFR already being hailed as one of the greatest albums of the decade, maybe critics decided to give BTD another look.

Critical reception on albums switches as times goes by. Marvin Gaye’s Here, My Dear and Black Sabbath’s self-titled debut album are examples of this.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.