Home Forums Music 2020 American Music Awards predictions

2020 American Music Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 748 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
kingofrapmusi..
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
  • Profile picture
    lionhidden99
    Topics:

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Justin Bieber
    Post Malone
    Roddy Ricch
    Taylor Swift
    The Weeknd

We all know how it goes with this award almost every year. So she is most likely to win

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Lewis Capaldi
    Doja Cat
    DaBaby
    Lil Baby
    Roddy Ricch
    Megan Thee Stallion

I think Doja will take this one though Megan can easily still this from her.

COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR
    Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion, “WAP”
    DaBaby ft. Roddy Ricch, “Rockstar”
    Dan + Shay with Justin Bieber, “10,000 Hours”
    Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me”
    Megan Thee Stallion ft. Beyoncé, “Savage Remix”

their fanbases combine can take out all the competition.

FAVORITE SOCIAL ARTIST
    BTS
    Billie Eilish
    EXO
    Ariana Grande
    NCT 127

no need to explain

FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO
    Doja Cat, “Say So”
    Future ft. Drake, “Life Is Good”
    Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me”
    Taylor Swift, “cardigan”
    The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights”

it can honestly go either way. Swifts fanbase is strong but the combine effort of Gaga and Ariana might take it away from her.

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
    Justin Bieber
    Post Malone
    The Weeknd

It’s pretty obvious that Justin will win this. Plus hes more likely to promote people voting for him than the other two.

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
    Dua Lipa
    Lady Gaga
    Taylor Swift

I think she can pull another win here. Her only real competition is Gaga

FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – POP/ROCK
    BTS
    Jonas Brothers
    Maroon 5

no need to explain

FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK
    Harry Styles, Fine Line
    Taylor Swift, folklore
    The Weeknd, After Hours

It’s the only thing Harry is nominated for so his fan will go all out in this category.

FAVORITE SONG – POP/ROCK
    Lewis Capaldi, “Someone You Loved”
    Dua Lipa, “Don’t Start Now”
    Post Malone, “Circles”
    Roddy Ricch, “The Box”
    The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights”

I feel like this is the only place Dua has a chance of winning. Her only real competition is Blinding lights and maybe circles.

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
    Kane Brown
    Luke Combs
    Morgan Wallen

for the past two years Kane has won this award so he might be able to take it again. However Luke comb has been unstoppable in country music and he’s been getting a lot of attention after releasing his deluxe edition recently last week.

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
    Gabby Barrett
    Miranda Lambert
    Maren Morris

Maren is most likely to win this one thanks to the general public knowing her through the bones and the middle. However die hard country fan might vote for Miranda instead. Gabby is too new and some people might know who she is unless the word “I Hope” by her name

FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – COUNTRY
    Dan + Shay
    Florida Georgia Line
    Old Dominion

ever since Dan + Shay has been getting  crossover hits they have been winning  almost every group or duo award they’ve been up for.

FAVORITE ALBUM – COUNTRY
    Luke Combs, What You See Is What You Get
    Blake Shelton, Fully Loaded: God’s Country
    Morgan Wallen, If I Know Me

His album broke a lot of records in country music so I wouldn’t be surprised with him winning

FAVORITE SONG – COUNTRY
    Dan + Shay with Justin Bieber, “10,000 Hours”
    Maren Morris, “The Bones”
    Blake Shelton (Duet with Gwen Stefani), “Nobody But You”

Justin kinda stole the award for Dan + Shay with him being on it.

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP
    DaBaby
    Juice WRLD
    Roddy Ricch

same with what happen with XXXTentacion when he won best Soul/R&B in 2018, Juice fans are probably go hard for him

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP
    Cardi B
    Nicki Minaj
    Megan Thee Stallion

the barbs are aggressive and crazy for Nicki. Especially because she up against cardi they’re going to try and make sure they get this one.

FAVORITE ALBUM – RAP/HIP-HOP
    Lil Baby, My Turn
    Lil Uzi Vert, Eternal Atake
    Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial

This was a hard one to decide because all the albums  did really well and around the same in longevity success. Uzi might take this one because he’s been out longer. But Roddy has hits on his side that might give him the extra push.

FAVORITE SONG – RAP/HIP-HOP
    Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion, “WAP”
    DaBaby ft. Roddy Ricch, “Rockstar”
    Roddy Ricch, “The Box”

there fanbases would pull this off for them.

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
    Chris Brown
    John Legend
    The Weeknd

the Weeknd seem like a the frontrunner is this catergory. However Chris brown is the dark horse here. He did beat the Weeknd in 2016 and that was when the weeknd had the hills, In the night and starboy in the running. But the issue is that chris has a bigger audience in R&B music compare to the Weeknd. So people could see him as too pop and not vote for him.

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
    Jhene Aiko
    Doja Cat
    Summer Walker

I feel like Jhene can win this one. I think she had the biggest female R&B album this year and her longevity could help here beat someone as new as summer.  Doja isn’t even an R&B act she just sing more in her songs then she raps so billboard categorize it there because of the hip hop influence. I feel like she might face the same issue as the weekend with most her work being known by more pop listener than R&B listeners

FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B
    Doja Cat, Hot Pink
    Summer Walker, Over It
    The Weeknd, After Hours

The weeknd have a way huger fanbase than the other two. so he won’t have any competition.

FAVORITE SONG – SOUL/R&B
    Chris Brown ft. Drake, “No Guidance”
    Summer Walker, “Playing Games”
    The Weeknd, “Heartless

That song was massive compare to the other two. plus drake being on there  could bring in more votes. Heartless didn’t really have any staying power and got majority of its support in pop music even though it was the most R&B song on the album.

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – LATIN
    Bad Bunny
    J Balvin
    Ozuna

Bunny had a really amazing year so his popularity has blown up heavily. Ozuna also has a huge fanbase as well so he could be a dark harse.

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – LATIN
    Becky G
    KAROL G
    Rosalía

Karol had the most commercial success than the other two so she can take it from both of them.

FAVORITE ALBUM – LATIN
    Anuel AA, Emmanuel
    Bad Bunny, Las que no iban a salir
    Bad Bunny, YHLQMDLG

he’s winning either way.

FAVORITE SONG – LATIN
    Bad Bunny “Vete”
    Black Eyed Peas X J Balvin “RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)”
    KAROL G & Nicki Minaj “Tusa”

once again the Barbs are aggressive and crazy for Nicki

FAVORITE ARTIST – ALTERNATIVE ROCK
    Billie Eilish
    Tame Impala
    twenty one pilots

She has a bigger fanbase than both groups

FAVORITE ARTIST – ADULT CONTEMPORARY
    Lewis Capaldi
    Jonas Brothers
    Maroon 5

they have a bigger fanbase than the other nominees

FAVORITE ARTIST – CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL
    Lauren Daigle
    for KING & COUNTRY
    Kanye West

he’ll win because of suburban white boys voting for him.

FAVORITE ARTIST – ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM)
    Kygo
    Lady Gaga
    Marshmello

She doesn’t really have competition

FAVORITE SOUNDTRACK
    Birds of Prey: The Album
    Frozen II
    Trolls: World Tour

It had more staying power than the other soundtracks

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

I’m all for Kanye winning this award as a consolation prize for losing the election.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JSA
    Topics:

Ya’ll are obssesed with Justin. If he is nominated and your faves aren’t, DEAL WITH IT. Where is the point in talking bad about someone ALWAYS EVERY TIME. Ya’ll disgusting.

Well. I am confused about how the odds are going. Some things:

Nicki wont lose. She will win both. That’s not about success this year. It’s about votes.

Idk why ya’ll underestimating Bieber. Country song and Male is for him. And then, about collab and artist… I am watching the votes and collab it’s between him and ROM. Currently him. Artist will be given to Taylor. She will probably attending and ya know, they will give it to her. Like she got nominated even in music video. Explain me how? She bought it! And then, Bieber is second, idk why ya’ll thinking Post’ or The weeknd’s fans will vote more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JSA
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

ARTIST OF THE YEAR Justin Bieber Post Malone Roddy Ricch Taylor Swift The Weeknd We all know how it goes with this award almost every year. So she is most likely to win NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR Lewis Capaldi Doja Cat DaBaby Lil Baby Roddy Ricch Megan Thee Stallion I think Doja will take this one though Megan can easily still this from her. COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion, “WAP” DaBaby ft. Roddy Ricch, “Rockstar” Dan + Shay with Justin Bieber, “10,000 Hours” Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me” Megan Thee Stallion ft. Beyoncé, “Savage Remix” their fanbases combine can take out all the competition. FAVORITE SOCIAL ARTIST BTS Billie Eilish EXO Ariana Grande NCT 127 no need to explain FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO Doja Cat, “Say So” Future ft. Drake, “Life Is Good” Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande, “Rain On Me” Taylor Swift, “cardigan” The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights” it can honestly go either way. Swifts fanbase is strong but the combine effort of Gaga and Ariana might take it away from her. FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK Justin Bieber Post Malone The Weeknd It’s pretty obvious that Justin will win this. Plus hes more likely to promote people voting for him than the other two. FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK Dua Lipa Lady Gaga Taylor Swift I think she can pull another win here. Her only real competition is Gaga FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – POP/ROCK BTS Jonas Brothers Maroon 5 no need to explain FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK Harry Styles, Fine Line Taylor Swift, folklore The Weeknd, After Hours It’s the only thing Harry is nominated for so his fan will go all out in this category. FAVORITE SONG – POP/ROCK Lewis Capaldi, “Someone You Loved” Dua Lipa, “Don’t Start Now” Post Malone, “Circles” Roddy Ricch, “The Box” The Weeknd, “Blinding Lights” I feel like this is the only place Dua has a chance of winning. Her only real competition is Blinding lights and maybe circles. FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – COUNTRY Kane Brown Luke Combs Morgan Wallen for the past two years Kane has won this award so he might be able to take it again. However Luke comb has been unstoppable in country music and he’s been getting a lot of attention after releasing his deluxe edition recently last week. FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – COUNTRY Gabby Barrett Miranda Lambert Maren Morris Maren is most likely to win this one thanks to the general public knowing her through the bones and the middle. However die hard country fan might vote for Miranda instead. Gabby is too new and some people might know who she is unless the word “I Hope” by her name FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – COUNTRY Dan + Shay Florida Georgia Line Old Dominion ever since Dan + Shay has been getting crossover hits they have been winning almost every group or duo award they’ve been up for. FAVORITE ALBUM – COUNTRY Luke Combs, What You See Is What You Get Blake Shelton, Fully Loaded: God’s Country Morgan Wallen, If I Know Me His album broke a lot of records in country music so I wouldn’t be surprised with him winning FAVORITE SONG – COUNTRY Dan + Shay with Justin Bieber, “10,000 Hours” Maren Morris, “The Bones” Blake Shelton (Duet with Gwen Stefani), “Nobody But You” Justin kinda stole the award for Dan + Shay with him being on it. FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP DaBaby Juice WRLD Roddy Ricch same with what happen with XXXTentacion when he won best Soul/R&B in 2018, Juice fans are probably go hard for him FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP Cardi B Nicki Minaj Megan Thee Stallion the barbs are aggressive and crazy for Nicki. Especially because she up against cardi they’re going to try and make sure they get this one. FAVORITE ALBUM – RAP/HIP-HOP Lil Baby, My Turn Lil Uzi Vert, Eternal Atake Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial This was a hard one to decide because all the albums did really well and around the same in longevity success. Uzi might take this one because he’s been out longer. But Roddy has hits on his side that might give him the extra push. FAVORITE SONG – RAP/HIP-HOP Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion, “WAP” DaBaby ft. Roddy Ricch, “Rockstar” Roddy Ricch, “The Box” there fanbases would pull this off for them. FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B Chris Brown John Legend The Weeknd the Weeknd seem like a the frontrunner is this catergory. However Chris brown is the dark horse here. He did beat the Weeknd in 2016 and that was when the weeknd had the hills, In the night and starboy in the running. But the issue is that chris has a bigger audience in R&B music compare to the Weeknd. So people could see him as too pop and not vote for him. FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B Jhene Aiko Doja Cat Summer Walker I feel like Jhene can win this one. I think she had the biggest female R&B album this year and her longevity could help here beat someone as new as summer. Doja isn’t even an R&B act she just sing more in her songs then she raps so billboard categorize it there because of the hip hop influence. I feel like she might face the same issue as the weekend with most her work being known by more pop listener than R&B listeners FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B Doja Cat, Hot Pink Summer Walker, Over It The Weeknd, After Hours The weeknd have a way huger fanbase than the other two. so he won’t have any competition. FAVORITE SONG – SOUL/R&B Chris Brown ft. Drake, “No Guidance” Summer Walker, “Playing Games” The Weeknd, “Heartless That song was massive compare to the other two. plus drake being on there could bring in more votes. Heartless didn’t really have any staying power and got majority of its support in pop music even though it was the most R&B song on the album. FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – LATIN Bad Bunny J Balvin Ozuna Bunny had a really amazing year so his popularity has blown up heavily. Ozuna also has a huge fanbase as well so he could be a dark harse. FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – LATIN Becky G KAROL G Rosalía Karol had the most commercial success than the other two so she can take it from both of them. FAVORITE ALBUM – LATIN Anuel AA, Emmanuel Bad Bunny, Las que no iban a salir Bad Bunny, YHLQMDLG he’s winning either way. FAVORITE SONG – LATIN Bad Bunny “Vete” Black Eyed Peas X J Balvin “RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)” KAROL G & Nicki Minaj “Tusa” once again the Barbs are aggressive and crazy for Nicki FAVORITE ARTIST – ALTERNATIVE ROCK Billie Eilish Tame Impala twenty one pilots She has a bigger fanbase than both groups FAVORITE ARTIST – ADULT CONTEMPORARY Lewis Capaldi Jonas Brothers Maroon 5 they have a bigger fanbase than the other nominees FAVORITE ARTIST – CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL Lauren Daigle for KING & COUNTRY Kanye West he’ll win because of suburban white boys voting for him. FAVORITE ARTIST – ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM) Kygo Lady Gaga Marshmello She doesn’t really have competition FAVORITE SOUNDTRACK Birds of Prey: The Album Frozen II Trolls: World Tour It had more staying power than the other soundtracks

</p>
    Good predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jonathan
    Topics:

Ya’ll are obssesed with Justin. If he is nominated and your faves aren’t, DEAL WITH IT. Where is the point in talking bad about someone ALWAYS EVERY TIME. Ya’ll disgusting. Well. I am confused about how the odds are going. Some things: Nicki wont lose. She will win both. That’s not about success this year. It’s about votes. Idk why ya’ll underestimating Bieber. Country song and Male is for him. And then, about collab and artist… I am watching the votes and collab it’s between him and ROM. Currently him. Artist will be given to Taylor. She will probably attending and ya know, they will give it to her. Like she got nominated even in music video. Explain me how? She bought it! And then, Bieber is second, idk why ya’ll thinking Post’ or The weeknd’s fans will vote more.

The delusion… Why would Taylor buy a nomination for best music video, one of the most insignificant categories at the AMAs?

Also, a Justin stan talking about bought nominations, when almost everybody agrees there’s something fishy about Justin’s nominations? The jokes write themselves… Also also, the AMAs have no control over who wins from the people they nominate, as it is entirely fan voted, so it would be hard for them to give artist of the year to Taylor just because she is likely to attend. Try not to let your bias cloud your judgement next time. <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

The delusion… Why would Taylor buy a nomination for best music video, one of the most insignificant categories at the AMAs?

Also, a Justin stan talking about bought nominations, when almost everybody agrees there’s something fishy about Justin’s nominations? The jokes write themselves… Also also, the AMAs have no control over who wins from the people they nominate, as it is entirely fan voted, so it would be hard for them to give artist of the year to Taylor just because she is likely to attend. Try not to let your bias cloud your judgement next time. <3

Are we surprised though? His stans are as delusional as every fandom that exists.💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Do you mean least significant?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JustGuy
    Topics:

Not to sound like I’m a Justin Stan, but the kid has had a great year too. Y’all need to give credit when credit is due. Yes Harry deserved it more but let’s not act like the Biebs hasn’t done some work this year. His music is trash but he’s had hits too. Also Intentions and Holy are bops!

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Maybe the AMAs will learn from the current Pop/Rock Album votes and start nominating Harry for what he deserves in the future. He’s bringing them so much more traffic than Justin’s fans, if not more than everyone else’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Changes flopped but it is Platinum in US, I mean in comparison to Purpose is a big step down, it is like he can still book awards, but him being in Artist of the year is a scandal.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JustGuy
    Topics:

Changes flopped but it is Platinum in US, I mean in comparison to Purpose is a big step down, it is like he can still book awards, but him being in Artist of the year is a scandal.

i honestly don’t get why y’all care so much about the AMAs it’s not like there is a correlation with the Grammys. The AMAs are just the Teen Choice awards except after puberty.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

80% of the criteria to win this “award” is showing up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anton Parcero
    Topics:

Not the Harry stans freaking out over the AMA’s of all award shows I-

its for his lack of nominations on every show this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Bieber for Artist of the Year. He may not deserve it but it’s way better than seeing Taylor Swift win this award for the third time in a row. Plus, this is the first time Swift is against Bieber so I’m curious to see how this will end. If the votes was based on voting from the website and not on Twitter, Taylor would’ve lost. But she should thank @TaylorNation13 on Twitter for spamming every single day until voting closes. I’m not saying this to sound petty, but Swift is no different from Brady and the Patriots (2001-2020).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JustGuy
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Bieber for Artist of the Year. He may not deserve it but it’s way better than seeing Taylor Swift win this award for the third time in a row. Plus, this is the first time Swift is against Bieber so I’m curious to see how this will end. If the votes was based on voting from the website and not on Twitter, Taylor would’ve lost. But she should thank @TaylorNation13 on Twitter for spamming every single day until voting closes. I’m not saying this to sound petty, but Swift is no different from Brady and the Patriots (2001-2020).

you sound so salty. You are complaining about a damn fan voted award. Of course Taylor’s fans will vote like crazy it’s the same with any other dedicated fan base, only her’s actually come through for the accolades and album sales. Tay stays living in your head.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.