Home Forums Music 2020 American Music Awards predictions

2020 American Music Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 751 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kingofrapmusi..
Miss Americana
joesilver
  • Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

The delusion… Why would Taylor buy a nomination for best music video, one of the most insignificant categories at the AMAs?

Also, a Justin stan talking about bought nominations, when almost everybody agrees there’s something fishy about Justin’s nominations? The jokes write themselves… Also also, the AMAs have no control over who wins from the people they nominate, as it is entirely fan voted, so it would be hard for them to give artist of the year to Taylor just because she is likely to attend. Try not to let your bias cloud your judgement next time. <3

Are we surprised though? His stans are as delusional as every fandom that exists.💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The delusion… Why would Taylor buy a nomination for best music video, one of the most insignificant categories at the AMAs?

Do you mean least significant?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Not to sound like I’m a Justin Stan, but the kid has had a great year too. Y’all need to give credit when credit is due. Yes Harry deserved it more but let’s not act like the Biebs hasn’t done some work this year. His music is trash but he’s had hits too. Also Intentions and Holy are bops!

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Maybe the AMAs will learn from the current Pop/Rock Album votes and start nominating Harry for what he deserves in the future. He’s bringing them so much more traffic than Justin’s fans, if not more than everyone else’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Changes flopped but it is Platinum in US, I mean in comparison to Purpose is a big step down, it is like he can still book awards, but him being in Artist of the year is a scandal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Changes flopped but it is Platinum in US, I mean in comparison to Purpose is a big step down, it is like he can still book awards, but him being in Artist of the year is a scandal.

i honestly don’t get why y’all care so much about the AMAs it’s not like there is a correlation with the Grammys. The AMAs are just the Teen Choice awards except after puberty.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

80% of the criteria to win this “award” is showing up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

Not the Harry stans freaking out over the AMA’s of all award shows I-

its for his lack of nominations on every show this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Bieber for Artist of the Year. He may not deserve it but it’s way better than seeing Taylor Swift win this award for the third time in a row. Plus, this is the first time Swift is against Bieber so I’m curious to see how this will end. If the votes was based on voting from the website and not on Twitter, Taylor would’ve lost. But she should thank @TaylorNation13 on Twitter for spamming every single day until voting closes. I’m not saying this to sound petty, but Swift is no different from Brady and the Patriots (2001-2020).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Bieber for Artist of the Year. He may not deserve it but it’s way better than seeing Taylor Swift win this award for the third time in a row. Plus, this is the first time Swift is against Bieber so I’m curious to see how this will end. If the votes was based on voting from the website and not on Twitter, Taylor would’ve lost. But she should thank @TaylorNation13 on Twitter for spamming every single day until voting closes. I’m not saying this to sound petty, but Swift is no different from Brady and the Patriots (2001-2020).

you sound so salty. You are complaining about a damn fan voted award. Of course Taylor’s fans will vote like crazy it’s the same with any other dedicated fan base, only her’s actually come through for the accolades and album sales. Tay stays living in your head.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

its for his lack of nominations on every show this year.

Lmao yes. I’m having a hard time seeing him in the Grammys only when he wasn’t being recognized else where. Like yes one specific award show might not matter but Billie/Ariana/Lizzo were all getting lots of nominations in these shows but he’s being completely shut out. It’s literally just one irrelevant award at each one so idk… preparing for him to get shut out of the grammys too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Changes was an underwhelming era. He managed to get a couple hits. But even his fans didn’t use this album.

The AMAs love JB so the nomination isn’t surprising. However, there were a couple acts who could’ve easily taken his spot.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Maroon 5 + Adult Contemporary nomination = BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jonathan
    Topics:

Some updates on the awards I know about (the ones with Taylor):

Taylor is running away with Artist of the Year, Female Pop/Rock Artist, and Music Video.

Harry is dominating Pop/Rock Album, and Swifties are falling behind further and further everyday. Swifties have basically given up on this category, putting more effort into Artist of the Year and building a very sizable lead on everyone else (I think Justin is in second? But he has half the votes of Taylor atm).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lionhidden99
    Topics:

In all honesty, this would have been the perfect year to do four nominees for the pop categories like they did in in ‘93 ‘04 & ‘12. Harry did technically deserve a nomination because when you look at success in pop music it’s was pretty successful in all forms on pop airplay and the hot 100. Same with Justin he did make history this year as well even though his album as a whole didn’t do well. Post and The Weeknd  have broken multiple records all just from one song. If they wanted to add another female they could add Doja  Cat since majority of her success was in pop music. Selena might have been a good add because her era did start out pretty well with a number one song and album, but that may be pushing it a little because it couldn’t hold steam.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.