Home Forums Music 2020 American Music Awards predictions

2020 American Music Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
kingofrapmusi..
Monsoon
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

As of 6/22/2020:

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Justin Bieber
    Billie Eilish
    The Weeknd
    Harry Styles
    Post Malone

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Doja Cat
    Lewis Capaldi
    Roddy Ricch
    Megan The Stallion
    Summer Walker

COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR
    My Oh My – Camila Cabello ft. Dababy
    10,000 Hours – Dan + Shay ft. Justin Bieber
    Life is Good – Future ft. Drake
    Intentions – Justin Bieber ft. Quavo
    Ballin’ – Mustard ft. Roddy Ricch

FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO
    Circles – Post Malone
    everything i wanted – Billie Eilish
    Intentions – Justin Bieber ft. Quavo
    Adore You – Harry Styles
    The Box – Roddy Ricch

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
    Justin Bieber
    Harry Styles
    Post Malone

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
    Billie Eilish
    Lady Gaga
    Dua Lipa

FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – POP/ROCK
    BTS
    Jonas Brothers
    Maroon 5

FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK
    Harry Styles – Fine Line
    The Weeknd – After Hours
    Lady Gaga – Chromatica

FAVORITE SONG – POP/ROCK
    Circles – Post Malone
    Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
    Memories – Maroon 5
    The Box – Roddy Ricch
    Adore You – Harry Styles

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
    Kane Brown
    Luke Combs
    Thomas Rhett

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
    Miranda Lambert
    Maren Morris
    Carrie Underwood

FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – COUNTRY
    Florida Georgia Line
    Old Dominion
    Dan + Shay

FAVORITE ALBUM – COUNTRY
    Wildcard – Miranda Lambert
    Old Dominion – Old Dominion
    This One’s For You – Luke Combs

FAVORITE SONG – COUNTRY
    10,000 Hours – Dan + Shay ft. Justin Bieber
    Even Though I’m Leaving – Luke Combs
    The Bones – Maren Morris

FAVORITE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP
    Roddy Ricch
    Drake
    Post Malone

FAVORITE ALBUM – RAP/HIP-HOP
    Drake, Dark Lane Demo Tapes
    Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial
    Eminem, Music To Be Murdered By

FAVORITE SONG – RAP/HIP-HOP
    Savage – Megan The Stallion ft. Beyonce
    The Box – Roddy Ricch
    Tootsie Slide – Drake

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
    Justin Bieber
    Khalid
    The Weeknd

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
    Lizzo
    Doja Cat
    Summer Walker

FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B
    Hot Pink – Doja Cat
    Changes – Justin Bieber
    After Hours – The Weeknd

FAVORITE SONG – SOUL/R&B
    Good As Hell – Lizzo
    Say So – Doja Cat ft. Nicki Minaj
    Blinding Lights – The Weeknd

FAVORITE ARTIST – ALTERNATIVE ROCK
    Panic! at the Disco
    Billie Eilish
    Twenty One Pilots

FAVORITE ARTIST – ADULT CONTEMPORARY
    Jonas Brothers
    Maroon 5
    Pink

FAVORITE ARTIST – LATIN
    Bad Bunny
    J Balvin
    Ozuna

FAVORITE ARTIST – CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL

FAVORITE ARTIST – ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM)
    The Chainsmokers
    Marshmello
    Kygo

TOP SOUNDTRACK
    Trolls World Tour
    Frozen II
    Birds of Prey

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

I still believe that there will be a live audience for the 2020 American Music Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

As of 6/22/2020: ARTIST OF THE YEAR Justin Bieber Billie Eilish The Weeknd Harry Styles Post Malone NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR Doja Cat Lewis Capaldi Roddy Ricch Megan The Stallion Summer Walker COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR My Oh My – Camila Cabello ft. Dababy 10,000 Hours – Dan + Shay ft. Justin Bieber Life is Good – Future ft. Drake Intentions – Justin Bieber ft. Quavo Ballin’ – Mustard ft. Roddy Ricch FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO Circles – Post Malone everything i wanted – Billie Eilish Intentions – Justin Bieber ft. Quavo Adore You – Harry Styles The Box – Roddy Ricch FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK Justin Bieber Harry Styles Post Malone FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK Billie Eilish Lady Gaga Dua Lipa FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – POP/ROCK BTS Jonas Brothers Maroon 5 FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK Harry Styles – Fine Line The Weeknd – After Hours Lady Gaga – Chromatica FAVORITE SONG – POP/ROCK Circles – Post Malone Blinding Lights – The Weeknd Memories – Maroon 5 The Box – Roddy Ricch Adore You – Harry Styles FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – COUNTRY Kane Brown Luke Combs Thomas Rhett FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – COUNTRY Miranda Lambert Maren Morris Carrie Underwood FAVORITE DUO OR GROUP – COUNTRY Florida Georgia Line Old Dominion Dan + Shay FAVORITE ALBUM – COUNTRY Wildcard – Miranda Lambert Old Dominion – Old Dominion This One’s For You – Luke Combs FAVORITE SONG – COUNTRY 10,000 Hours – Dan + Shay ft. Justin Bieber Even Though I’m Leaving – Luke Combs The Bones – Maren Morris FAVORITE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP Roddy Ricch Drake Post Malone FAVORITE ALBUM – RAP/HIP-HOP Drake, Dark Lane Demo Tapes Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial Eminem, Music To Be Murdered By FAVORITE SONG – RAP/HIP-HOP Savage – Megan The Stallion ft. Beyonce The Box – Roddy Ricch Tootsie Slide – Drake FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B Justin Bieber Khalid The Weeknd FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B Lizzo Doja Cat Summer Walker FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B Hot Pink – Doja Cat Changes – Justin Bieber After Hours – The Weeknd FAVORITE SONG – SOUL/R&B Good As Hell – Lizzo Say So – Doja Cat ft. Nicki Minaj Blinding Lights – The Weeknd FAVORITE ARTIST – ALTERNATIVE ROCK Panic! at the Disco Billie Eilish Twenty One Pilots FAVORITE ARTIST – ADULT CONTEMPORARY Jonas Brothers Maroon 5 Pink FAVORITE ARTIST – LATIN Bad Bunny J Balvin Ozuna FAVORITE ARTIST – CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL FAVORITE ARTIST – ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM) The Chainsmokers Marshmello Kygo TOP SOUNDTRACK Trolls World Tour Frozen II Birds of Prey

I’m not even going to pretend like I fully understand the AMA nomination process, but based off of what I can google search, wouldn’t other artists have a better chance at Artist of the Year over Billie? You’ve consistently put her on your list, and based off of what I could find, nominations are based off of radio play, sales, streams, and sns. If this is just going off of 2020 since I saw that her last album already was nominated last year, wouldn’t BTS or Bad Bunny have a bigger chance? Bad Bunny beats her in everything but sales, radio play and BTS beats her in everything but streams and radio play with their new album (neither of them get radioplay). Overall tho, according to HITSDD they rank above her in 2020 Plus BTS has a pretty good relationship with the AMAs. Lil Uzi could also be a possibility I think. Once again don’t really know how this all works so just genuinely asking.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Billie deserved an AOTY nomination last year, not this year

Roddy Ricch and Dababy should be nominated over Bieber and Billie for AOTY

Roddy Ricch have the biggest album of the eligibility period and 2 #1 hits, including the biggest song of the year

Dababy had 2 #1 albums in the eligibility period and one #1 hit

AOTY
    The Weeknd
    Post Malone
    Roddy Ricch
    Harry Styles
    Dababy

But I doubt they will nominate 2 hip hop artists for AOTY so they will probably name check Bieber again

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Billie deserved an AOTY nomination last year, not this year Roddy Ricch and Dababy should be nominated over Bieber and Billie for AOTY Roddy Ricch have the biggest album of the eligibility period and 2 #1 hits, including the biggest song of the year Dababy had 2 #1 albums in the eligibility period and one #1 hit AOTY The Weeknd Post Malone Roddy Ricch Harry Styles Dababy But I doubt they will nominate 2 hip hop artists for AOTY so they will probably name check Bieber again

i also doubt it´s just going to be men, at lest a female artist will be nominated, I just don’t think it will be Billie

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

Billie deserved an AOTY nomination last year, not this year Roddy Ricch and Dababy should be nominated over Bieber and Billie for AOTY Roddy Ricch have the biggest album of the eligibility period and 2 #1 hits, including the biggest song of the year Dababy had 2 #1 albums in the eligibility period and one #1 hit AOTY The Weeknd Post Malone Roddy Ricch Harry Styles Dababy But I doubt they will nominate 2 hip hop artists for AOTY so they will probably name check Bieber again

Forgot about Roddy, but I don’t see a Dababy nom. Combining the activity from both his albums is still 1.1m which is still under Lil Baby, Lil Uzi, Roddy, and a lil above Bad Bunny. I think other than Roddy he’s doing the best single wise though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caa3
    Topics:

i also doubt it´s just going to be men, at lest a female artist will be nominated, I just don’t think it will be Billie

Probably Halsey, all the other female artist albums were relative flops compared to hers. Dua is probably next on the list for them. If not them, I doubt it will go to a woman

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

I take back what I said about the Soul/R&B Female category. Beyonce is going to be nominated. Heck. She’ll probably win unless Doja Cat begs her fans to vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Don’t underestimate Lizzo in Female R&B/Soul. She just beat Beyoncé at the BET Awards.

Did Doja Cat even get Urban Radio play?

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, these award shows need to stop licking Beyoncé’s cooch.  She did NOT release anything in the last year worthy of a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

Honey, these award shows need to stop licking Beyoncé’s cooch. She did NOT release anything in the last year worthy of a nomination.

She has been a big FLOP for years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

Don’t underestimate Lizzo in Female R&B/Soul. She just beat Beyoncé at the BET Awards.

Did Doja Cat even get Urban Radio play?

The BET Awards aren’t fan voted except for Viewer’s Choice. There was the Fandemonium award but I think that’s discontinued. Lizzo doesn’t stand a chance. Doja Cat has the best chance but she has to tell fans to vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

Beyonce hasn’t shown up to that award show since 2008. Her last appearance on the program was via video in 2011. She doesn’t give a damn if she wins or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Lil Baby will easily be nominated for Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Album. He has one of the biggest albums of the year, of any genre.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

The BET Awards aren’t fan voted except for Viewer’s Choice. There was the Fandemonium award but I think that’s discontinued. Lizzo doesn’t stand a chance. Doja Cat has the best chance but she has to tell fans to vote.

LOL AMAs really aren’t fan voted either. They choose the winners each year. Depending on who shows up.

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.