Home Forums Music 2020 American Music Awards predictions

2020 American Music Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
replies
views
users
kingofrapmusi..
Monsoon
Monsoon
  • Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

They don’t have any reasons to nominate Beyonce this year again. Summer Walker, Lizzo, Doja Cat and Jhene Aiko sold more albums than her during the eligibility period

Unless they use the Savage Remix as an excuse to nominate her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

They don’t have any reasons to nominate Beyonce this year again. Summer Walker, Lizzo, Doja Cat and Jhene Aiko sold more albums than her during the eligibility period

Unless they use the Savage Remix as an excuse to nominate her.

Beyonce released that BLM single not too long ago. I’m sure it’s top 10 in Hot R&B songs. She’s also going to release her visual film based off of her Lion King soundtrack. I’m sure as soon as that is released that Beyonce will be back on the R&B album charts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

LOL AMAs really aren’t fan voted either. They choose the winners each year. Depending on who shows up.

100% agree. No way Halsey beat any of the other nominated ones on Pop/Rock Song, that was made-up to support her Twitter rant and because she was set to perform.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

And yes, I know there are cases where the winner doesn’t show up like Khalid with that awful album/song or Bruno Mars sweeping in 2017, but these are cases.

This year all the Soul/R&B field (Album, Song and Male Artist) is probably going to The Weeknd (if he shows up, obviously, since he doesn’t post on social media and the fanbase is terrible for voting), they won’t give it to Bieber and would be such a shame. He would likely win Pop/Rock Song if Harry isn’t nominated – which it won’t happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Bieber winning the R&B categories would be tragic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Bieber winning the R&B categories would be tragic.

culture vulture at its most. I bet nobody on dick clark productions wants that, no matter how much Scooter works. That would discret the show since it always serves as a Grammy preview, as far as I know – despite the fact they give Selena Gomez and Camila Cabello a spotlight every year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Will JB even make the Male Artist – Pop/Rock line up? Post Malone, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, & Drake could easily get in before he does.

Besides “Intentions” over performing, his album didn’t sell or stream as well as usual.

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

Will JB even make the Male Artist – Pop/Rock line up? Post Malone, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, & Drake could easily get in before he does.

Besides “Intentions” over performing, his album didn’t sell or stream as well as usual.

He probably won’t but you never know. I truly see it being Post Malone, Harry Styles, The Weeknd for Pop/Rock Male. Bieber is definitely going to be in the R&B category for Male, Album, and probably Song. I won’t be surprised if he sweeps. He’ll tell his fans to vote in order to make it look like he had a successful run.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

The AMAs would get dragged if JB is in the R&B categories. Did he even get Urban air play? He could definitely miss all together.

Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

The AMAs would get dragged if JB is in the R&B categories. Did he even get Urban air play? He could definitely miss all together.

The nominations are based on the Billboard charts. Bieber’s album and singles are charting right now on the R&B charts. He doesn’t need urban airplay to be nominated in those categories as the nominations are based on overall performance that year. He got a little airplay from urban radio but streaming is where it’s at these days.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

“The American Music Awards nominations are based on interactions on Billboard.com, streaming, album and digital song sales, radio airplay, social activity and touring.”

Neither of JB’s singles were hits on Urban radio. If nominated, he’ll be regulated to the Pop categories. Which is where those songs found most of their success.

“Yummy” & “Intentions”‘s R&B/Hip-Hop Billboard chart positions only reflect front loaded sales & streams. Urban was NOT f*cking with him this era.

The nominees will be Chris Brown, The Weeknd, & Usher or Khalid.

Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Bieber is definitely going to be in the R&B category for Male, Album, and probably Song. I won’t be surprised if he sweeps. He’ll tell his fans to vote in order to make it look like he had a successful run.

If that happens, expect a backlash for the AMAs – no award show, fan-voted or not, will be respected the moment they put (and give awards for) Bieber in R&B, regardless of Billboard‘s confusing conceptions. It’s even a joke to compare Bieber, Changes and “Intetions” this year to Abel, After Hours and “Blinding Lights” (yes, it’s a total pop song, but we know they’ll put it here) in any metric.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

The nominees will be Chris Brown, The Weeknd, & Usher.

May the dick clark productions hear you. It’s nearly impossible for The Weeknd to lose here, they won’t give it to Chris or Usher – and that applies to Album and Song as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

“The American Music Awards nominations are based on interactions on Billboard.com, streaming, album and digital song sales, radio airplay, social activity and touring.”

Neither of JB’s singles were hits on Urban radio. If nominated, he’ll be regulated to the Pop categories. Which is where those songs found most of their success.

“Yummy” & “Intentions”‘s R&B/Hip-Hop Billboard chart positions only reflect front loaded sales & streams. Urban was NOT f*cking with him this era.

The nominees will be Chris Brown, The Weeknd, & Usher or Khalid.

When Bieber is nominated in the category, I hope you apologize to me. Also, “Old Town Road” (Remix) wasn’t popular in urban radio but still won Rap Song at the AMAs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

When Bieber is nominated in the category, I hope you apologize to me. Also, “Old Town Road” (Remix) wasn’t popular in urban radio but still won Rap Song at the AMAs.

I won’t.

Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.