Home Forums Music 2020 Billboard Charts

2020 Billboard Charts

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 482 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
Boz
Monsoon
Marcus Snowden
  • Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

To this day I’ve never listened to Life Is Good.

We all haven’t.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Come through, “Stupid Love”! Time for a new #1.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crobaticaa
    Topics:

Don’t worry. They always debut high the first week then freefall off of the charts the next week. I doubt this time will be any different.

their fans are so hardcore

gotta say is impressive they managed to score a top 5 single with only them buying the song and no radio play

No other artist have this type of cult fandom behind them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

I liked “Say So” until I found out who Tyson Trax is…deleted from library

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Dua only female artist in Top 5

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

their fans are so hardcore gotta say is impressive they managed to score a top 5 single with only them buying the song and no radio play No other artist have this type of cult fandom behind them.

In my humble opinion, their “cult fandom” is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, they’re a blessing because they ride hard for their group and have helped to take them to a level higher than any Kpop group has ever achieved. On the other hand, their constant erractic behavior, entitlement tendencies and delusions of grandeur have really turned a lot of people off and that includes people who run award shows like the Grammys. Their fans are also one of the main reasons why they are not taken seriously as “artists”. In addition to that, I’m not saying that it isn’t impressive to have a top 5 song but the real question is will they be able to maintain that position on the chart? Honestly, I think that it is better for a song to slowly rise up the charts rather than to debut in the top in the first week because that way it’s more likely to be a hit. Now, I seriously doubt that their current song on the chart will be a hit but stranger things have happened.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Veronica.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Veronica.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crobaticaa
    Topics:

In my humble opinion, their “cult fandom” is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, they’re a blessing because they ride hard for their group and have helped to take them to a level higher than any Kpop group has ever achieved. On the other hand, their constant erractic behavior, entitlement tendencies and delusions of grandeur have really turned a lot of people off and that includes people who run award shows like the Grammys. Their fans are also one of the main reasons why they are not taken seriously as “artists”. In addition to that, I’m not saying that it isn’t impressive to have a top 5 song but the real question is will they be able to maintain that position on the chart? Honestly, I think that it is better for a song to slowly rise up the charts rather than to debut in the top in the first week because that way it’s more likely to be a hit. Now, I seriously doubt that their current song on the chart will be a hit but stranger things have happened.

Yes, a song slowly raising on the charts is always better

I think they will try everything,  keep releasing songs and videos to keep their fans streaming and their name out there

But like I said in the other thread coming August– September the situation could be very different. I have yet to see a song of them having long term results

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

Yes, a song slowly raising on the charts is always better I think they will try everything, keep releasing songs and videos to keep their fans streaming and their name out there But like I said in the other thread coming August– September the situation could be very different. I have yet to see a song of them having long term results

They are already trying everything at the moment, like discounting their singles on iTunes for example, but that can only last so long. They were smart to drop their album at a time where no main stream artist was releasing anything. Also, like I have said many, many times before and will continue to say again the fandom really is the star attraction/face of bts and not really their music itself. Hence why none of their music seems to stick or have long term results. Or why they are never nominated for main awards outside of fandom voted awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Bts is another industry pop boy band a la One Direction. Bland dance-pop productions with safe lyrics aimed at teenage audiences. Music ages and fades fast, only the name/idea of stays.

Even still, it is impressive to see how they’ve managed such success for a Korean group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mrhnn
    Topics:

Bts is another industry pop boy band a la One Direction. Bland dance-pop productions with safe lyrics aimed at teenage audiences. Music ages and fades fast, only the name/idea of stays. Even still, it is impressive to see how they’ve managed such success for a Korean group.

I disagree. BTS has always explored wide genres of music in their albums, not only dance-pop. The members write the lyrics and generate a lot of their melodies. Most of their songs address South Korea’s societal/ political issues and youth empowerment (N.O, Baepsae, Am i wrong ? No more dream … – they use a good amount of korean wordplays and satire). They also write about mental health (The last, Epiphany, Stigma,  nevermind, Paradise  etc) and in their newest album, they incorporate Jungian concepts of the human’s psyche to do an introspection as individuals and artists (intro persona, interlude shadow, outro ego..).

Regarding the longevity of their songs on the hot100, i agree that it’s hard for them to not freefall on the 2nd week. With the lack of good playlisting  and the little to no radio plays, it’s obvious that sales cannot be enough to maintain them on the chart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

Bts is another industry pop boy band a la One Direction. Bland dance-pop productions with safe lyrics aimed at teenage audiences. Music ages and fades fast, only the name/idea of stays. Even still, it is impressive to see how they’ve managed such success for a Korean group.

That’s a matter of opinion but I just wish their fans weren’t so erratic and entitled. They honestly thought that their group was really going to take home no less than 5 Grammys this year. I mean their delusion is sometimes beyond comprehension.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VelezGirl
    Topics:

I disagree. BTS has always explored wide genres of music in their albums, not only dance-pop. The members write the lyrics and generate a lot of their melodies. Most of their songs address South Korea’s societal/ political issues and youth empowerment (N.O, Baepsae, Am i wrong ? No more dream … – they use a good amount of korean wordplays and satire). They also write about mental health (The last, Epiphany, Stigma, nevermind, Paradise etc) and in their newest album, they incorporate Jungian concepts of the human’s psyche to do an introspection as individuals and artists (intro persona, interlude shadow, outro ego..). Regarding the longevity of their songs on the hot100, i agree that it’s hard for them to not freefall on the 2nd week. With the lack of good playlisting and the little to no radio plays, it’s obvious that sales cannot be enough to maintain them on the chart.

Oh Lord! While reading the first part I was trying so hard not to roll my eyes. You must be a fan of them because a lot of their fans try to act like they are so “deep” and unlike the rest of the factory like/produced Kpop groups  when in reality they are not. Its just apart of their theme. They are definitely not shaking the table of Korean social/political society by any means. Its pop. It’s not that serious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crobaticaa
    Topics:

Oh Lord! While reading the first part I was trying so hard not to roll my eyes. You must be a fan of them because a lot of their fans try to act like they are so “deep” and unlike the rest of the factory like/produced Kpop groups when in reality they are not. Its just apart of their theme. They are definitely not shaking the table of Korean social/political society by any means. Its pop. It’s not that serious.

I have seen their fans say BTS are very deep and involved with social issues

but their songs and videos are very typical pop boyband to me. Like their song with Halsey is pure bubble pop and this last song they released is full of autotune and them dancing. is nothing really ground breaking or different

maybe they have some “deep” songs in their albums but no one who see the songs they promote will think bts are some innovators  or trying to change the system

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mrhnn
    Topics:

Oh Lord! While reading the first part I was trying so hard not to roll my eyes. You must be a fan of them because a lot of their fans try to act like they are so “deep” and unlike the rest of the factory like/produced Kpop groups when in reality they are not. Its just apart of their theme. They are definitely not shaking the table of Korean social/political society by any means. Its pop. It’s not that serious.

Yes I’m a fan and i don’t need to “act like they’re deep”. The lyrics are easily accessible on the internet so you can check them yourself. You just need to overcome the one inch tall barrier of lyrics translations.

I personally think they’re contributing to shake the table of korean social/political society in their own way by speaking to the youth through their lyrics and giving them hopes and dreams. Not many groups have the guts to call out a government official in their song or to denounce the rigidity of the education system and the living conditions post-the baby boom. Music can inspire social change.

My parents are from a generation who couldn’t even imagine a korean group attending the grammys or being mainstream in the US while singing in their native language. To you « it’s pop, it’s not that serious » but to others they embody a bigger message. Don’t underestimate the power of culture.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Mrhnn.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mrhnn
    Topics:

I have seen their fans say BTS are very deep and involved with social issues but their songs and videos are very typical pop boyband to me. Like their song with Halsey is pure bubble pop and this last song they released is full of autotune and them dancing. is nothing really ground breaking or different maybe they have some “deep” songs in their albums but no one who see the songs they promote will think bts are some innovators or trying to change the system

I totally get your point. That’s why i wanted to give some informations about bts’s artistry. The content of their albums and especially their lyrics are often overlooked.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 482 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.