Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards nominations: Reactions (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards nominations: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 465 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Boz
deshunfenty
  • Donchano
    Participant
    Topics:

Peppa Pig was snubbed no one said a word. I-

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t understand why Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross weren’t nominated for their work in OTR. They were the producers of the song!

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t understand why Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross weren’t nominated for their work in OTR. They were the producers of the song!

No they weren’t. It’s merely a sample, and pretty basic one as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s poetic justice seeing Gaga fans enraged over an AOTY “snub” for a soundtrack that was never a lock in the first place no matter how many times they posted the sales for it. Then for the rest of the white pop stans seethe over Lizzo, Lil Nas, Beyoncé and maybe even Ariana get more nominations is most pleasing to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Peppa Pig was snubbed no one said a word. I-

The disrespect! My First Album is AOTY in my heart and all of the stan’s hearts

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve still flabbergasted by H.E.R. getting across the board GF nominations. I thought her AOTY nomination last year a fluke.

ReplyCopy URL
    syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

The HIVE gets on my nerves. Beyonce already has way too many noms and wins. Always crying over her Grammy history. Give me a damn break!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  syrus80.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  syrus80.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Cole is winning Rap Song, 21 Savage is taking Rap Album, and DaBaby is winning Rap Performance. The 2 J Cole songs could split his vote in Rap Performance.

Nipsey Hussle should easily win Rap Sung Performance, but the Rap field isn’t super on-board with posthumous wins, so watch out for Lil Nas X and J Cole.

Racks in the middle may take Rap Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Yaaaaas Lana, Vampire Weekend, Ariana, and Bon Iver!!

Happy for Lizzo and Billie as well.

Silly that Solange was paid dust… and Igor deserved AOTY more than 7…

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

In the next few days, the music forecasters will start choosing on who will win in the General Field.

I expect Billie to win BNA, ROTY, and AOTY. But, Lover will upset Bad Guy in SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s poetic justice seeing Gaga fans enraged over an AOTY “snub” for a soundtrack that was never a lock in the first place no matter how many times they posted the sales for it. Then for the rest of the white pop stans seethe over Lizzo, Lil Nas, Beyoncé and maybe even Ariana get more nominations is most pleasing to me.

Girl you’re so wrong.

Having looked at the nominations, as someone who thought ASIB was going to be nominated, I’m glad it isn’t.

First of all, I’m not sure it still has pop support since it didn’t get nominations there. And secondly, Bradley Cooper clearly is a turn off for voters. He didn’t get any nominations in his categories.

I wholeheartedly agree with the committee’s decision to nominate ARUTW instead in SoTY. It’s actually a much better place for Gaga to compete in, without the burden of having Bradley Cooper on the ballot. And having Hillary Lindsey on the ballot instead of Cooper is much better.

Gaga is better off getting in AoTY with her next album. I really don’t think she would’ve won this year. As it turns out, a soundtrack, and with an actor as co-star, is a bit too much for the voters to rally behind. The fact this has gotten Gaga 8 nominations over 2 years is already very impressive.

ReplyCopy URL
    theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

No they weren’t. It’s merely a sample, and pretty basic one as well.

A sample that they wrote. https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/search/title/old%20town%20road

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey, Ma in ROTY is so weird to me, but I love Bon Iver. Despite that BRP pick, I think Vampire Weekend is a stronger bet for Alt Album, having also gotten into Best Rock Song.

I’d vote for Lana or VW in AOTY, but I think the race is wide open.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB was snubbed, the best seeling album of the year, critically acclaimed and with 3 smash hits in the bag.

But I guess that this snub means that Gaga’s next solo project will be a lock to AoTY and her first win.

ReplyCopy URL
    fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

If that’s what your telling yourself to make you feel better about Homecoming then by all means be my guest. And literally no one is seething over Beyonce. She is MIA in R&B and missed AOTY despite what her fans thought. She does not belong with Lizzo and them. You also laughed and got so pressed as usual at anyone who predicted Lover in SOTY. This is why you shouldn’t let your hate and bias cloud your predictions. You shouldn’t treat predictions like a stan war on ATRL. That was your first mistake.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 465 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.