Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards nominations: Reactions (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards nominations: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 465 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
Boz
deshunfenty
  • Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling the next two years at the Grammy’s are going to be insanely crowded, with anticipated releases from almost every mega star like: Beyoncé, Lana Del Rey, Rihanna, Kanye West, Lil Uzi, Playboi Carti, Cardi B, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga, Migos, Tame Impala, A$AP Rocky, and Halsey,

One of these things is not like the others

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

I think we ALL know that if Adele releases another blockbuster album within the 2021 Grammy eligibility period, she’s winning almost (if not) all her nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, I don’t understand the Grammy’s  voters’ love for H.E.R. At this point, she’s just a filler.

ReplyCopy URL
    thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X will likely win Best Rap/Sung Performance.

I mean in GF since there is no rap act to represent there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Briana Breeze
    Participant
    Topics:

Going through the nominees, here are my thoughts:

R&B:
    -I was rooting for Mariah to get nominated for R&B Album and would have liked her to make it in since she released a good album

-I am pulling for Lizzo and feel for her since there are people saying her music is not “black enough” and the backlash of her winning Album of the Year at the Soul Train awards. Practically all the music we listen to was created by black people.

-In Traditional R&B Performance, what happened to “Make It Better” by Anderson .Paak and Smokey Robinson along with “Something Keeps Calling” by Raphael Saadiq where if both were nominated here would be neck to neck for a win. What happened here? Speaking of this category, if anyone could upset I can see “Steady Love” by India.Arie pull off a win since it has been in heavy rotation all year.

-For R&B Performance, I am going for H.E.R. winning a second time in a row for “Could’ve Been” which is also nominated for R&B Song.

-I can also see R&B Performance go many ways with Anderson .Paak pulling off a win and “Love Again” as the dark horse since it just hit number one on the Adult R&B Song charts.

-For R&B Album, I think that it will be between Anderson .Paak and PJ Morton going with .Paak right now though I wouldn’t be surprised by Morton who won in a tie last year for Traditional R&B Performance.

-Would have liked to seen “Say So” nominated in performance along with its song nod just to see JoJo as a Grammy nominee. Nice song by the way.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Briana Breeze.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Briana Breeze.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

This might be rhetorical but do y’all think genre-bending artists are at a disadvantage when it comes to their chances of winning in a category for a specified genre?

ReplyCopy URL
    Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

This might be rhetorical but do y’all think genre-bending artists are at a disadvantage when it comes to their chances of winning in a category for a specified genre?

I would say yes BUT it increases their likeliness to win a GF category as it doesn’t limit the voters

ReplyCopy URL
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

To me H.E.R being in album is surprising but not in a bad way.

On the other hand we have Lil Nas’s horrible EP wasting a spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

My god… Ariana stans saying they don’t understand H.E.R nominations! H.E.R. is a true artist…

I am an Ariana stan and I agree that H.E.R. is a true artist. At the same time, that shouldn’t automatically qualify her to be nominated in the GF

ReplyCopy URL
    mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Please let Lana Del Rey perform

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

Please let Lana Del Rey perform

Although I am rooting for Ariana, I would very much like to see Lana perform and win a Grammy for once. She deserves especially for the masterpiece that is NFR!

ReplyCopy URL
    fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

If Lana performs acoustic with Jack on the piano, voters will not forget her and she will have more recognition from Grammy voters when she releases White Hot Forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow Bruce didn’t even a nomination in the Americana category.
    They really did him wrong. 0 nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga stans should be elated. The bitch got an underserved SOTY nom. She still got in the GF (BARF!). What more do you fangirls want?

Can you just shut up? It’s not our fault if your Christina is flopping since 2007

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Can you just shut up? It’s not our fault if your Christina is flopping since 2007

It’s not her fault Lady Gaga is flopping since 2011 and needs to rely on Superbowl’s and movies to get nominations, so you should shut up as well.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 465 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.