Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 948 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are crazy!!! If bloodline is copying anything it’s side to side… the opening instrumental sounds pretty similar but it’s fine because that her song. I can’t be the only one who thinks bloodline sounds like side to side right?

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel that Jonas Brothers won’t get to ROTY and SOTY.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t Ella Mai’s album be placed in R&B Album? and also do you think that Trip would be a smarter submission than Shot Clock for the R&B category? it’s like a Boo’d Up knock off lol.

I feel like she’ll submit Trip to Pop since it was a crossover hit that could get into a weak Pop Solo line-up, and leave Shot Clock for R&B.

As far as the album, I don’t know. It could go either way.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Tayla Parx eligible for BNA? She’s under the song limit, and it’s written 4 top 10 hits in the past 12 months (thank u, next, 7 Rings, High Hopes, Love Lies), as well as Tints by Kendrick and Anderson.Paak. I ask because she did get a nom last year thanks to her songwriting on Dirty Computer. Are previously-nominated songwriters still eligible as artists?

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s nothing pop about “Trip.” It belongs in R&B Performance.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s already confirmation that Taylor Swift might announce her lead single during the iHeartRadio Music Awards this Friday. It could be release by March 15 or 22.

Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Tayla Parx eligible for BNA? She’s under the song limit, and it’s written 4 top 10 hits in the past 12 months (thank u, next, 7 Rings, High Hopes, Love Lies), as well as Tints by Kendrick and Anderson.Paak. I ask because she did get a nom last year thanks to her songwriting on Dirty Computer. Are previously-nominated songwriters still eligible as artists?

I don’t know if they have changed the rules, but I thought that songwriters were able to get noms and still be eligible for BNA, kind of like ed Sheeran, or Ella Mai this most recent year.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible for writers to be nominated in best new artist? There are a bunch of writers that co-write major hits for artists so can they be nominated for their work throughout the entire music industry and not singing? I know comedians have been nominated in best new artists and 1 of them won I think.

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s already confirmation that Taylor Swift might announce her lead single during the iHeartRadio Music Awards this Friday. It could be release by March 15 or 22.

Where is actual confirmation?

FYC:

CATS.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

The Beatles copied Chuck Berry on the song Come Together. I’m not sure if you guys understand that all artists copy other artists. Everyone hated when Rihana copied Michael Jackson on Don’t Stop the Music, so your making a big deal about copying of songs. Oh well! Stop being closed minded!

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Who cares? Wait til the artist drops music. It’s not a big deal at all if she’s going to release music, just release the music.

Barnacles Bro

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Is her new song falling into the pop category or is she making a return to country music?

God bless you and Taylor always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Because Khalid isn’t a previous SoTY, RoTY, Best Pop Album and BNA winner? Sam Smith will always be more likely to be nominated in the Pop Categories than Khalid. I know he missed out last year, but it doesn’t mean he’ll miss out every year.

Don’t forget Sam Smith got 0 nominations last year. Khalid and Noramani’s song was everywhere last year and I can’t deny it. I can’t say for Sam and Normani.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Rihannas producers sampled MJ and credit was given. Apprioana Grande literally following rihannas sound and relying on rihanna rejects.

Dont comprise the two. Ariana’s music is different from the rest. Her albums are more cohesive Rihanna’s, with r&b, pop, neo-soul influences. And whether she’s bluntly copying a few lyrics and not copying, everyone knows she copying. But your acting like there’s nothing original out of her songs. Other the hand Rihanna is one of my favorite hit makers of my lifetime. She so versatile with her voice and type of music. Kiss it Better, Diamonds, Love the Way you Like, Stay. There’s no comparison.

Barnacles Bro

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be musically inept to think that Ariana Grande and Rihanna sound alike. Both make R&B-ish pop songs. It’s really not that complicated.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.