Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 218 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
17 hours ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Os
PoweR
  • Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Tayla Parx eligible for BNA? She’s under the song limit, and it’s written 4 top 10 hits in the past 12 months (thank u, next, 7 Rings, High Hopes, Love Lies), as well as Tints by Kendrick and Anderson.Paak. I ask because she did get a nom last year thanks to her songwriting on Dirty Computer. Are previously-nominated songwriters still eligible as artists?

I don’t know if they have changed the rules, but I thought that songwriters were able to get noms and still be eligible for BNA, kind of like ed Sheeran, or Ella Mai this most recent year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible for writers to be nominated in best new artist? There are a bunch of writers that co-write major hits for artists so can they be nominated for their work throughout the entire music industry and not singing? I know comedians have been nominated in best new artists and 1 of them won I think.

ReplyCopy URL
    HarmonV
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s already confirmation that Taylor Swift might announce her lead single during the iHeartRadio Music Awards this Friday. It could be release by March 15 or 22.

Where is actual confirmation?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

The Beatles copied Chuck Berry on the song Come Together. I’m not sure if you guys understand that all artists copy other artists. Everyone hated when Rihana copied Michael Jackson on Don’t Stop the Music, so your making a big deal about copying of songs. Oh well! Stop being closed minded!

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s already confirmation that Taylor Swift might announce her lead single during the iHeartRadio Music Awards this Friday. It could be release by March 15 or 22.

Who cares? Wait til the artist drops music. It’s not a big deal at all if she’s going to release music, just release the music.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Is her new song falling into the pop category or is she making a return to country music?

God bless you and Taylor always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Because Khalid isn’t a previous SoTY, RoTY, Best Pop Album and BNA winner? Sam Smith will always be more likely to be nominated in the Pop Categories than Khalid. I know he missed out last year, but it doesn’t mean he’ll miss out every year.

Don’t forget Sam Smith got 0 nominations last year. Khalid and Noramani’s song was everywhere last year and I can’t deny it. I can’t say for Sam and Normani.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

The Beatles copied Chuck Berry on the song Come Together. I’m not sure if you guys understand that all artists copy other artists. Everyone hated when Rihana copied Michael Jackson on Don’t Stop the Music, so your making a big deal about copying of songs. Oh well! Stop being closed minded!

Rihannas producers sampled MJ and credit was given. Apprioana Grande literally following rihannas sound and relying on rihanna rejects.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Rihannas producers sampled MJ and credit was given. Apprioana Grande literally following rihannas sound and relying on rihanna rejects.

Dont comprise the two. Ariana’s music is different from the rest. Her albums are more cohesive Rihanna’s, with r&b, pop, neo-soul influences. And whether she’s bluntly copying a few lyrics and not copying, everyone knows she copying. But your acting like there’s nothing original out of her songs. Other the hand Rihanna is one of my favorite hit makers of my lifetime. She so versatile with her voice and type of music. Kiss it Better, Diamonds, Love the Way you Like, Stay. There’s no comparison.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be musically inept to think that Ariana Grande and Rihanna sound alike. Both make R&B-ish pop songs. It’s really not that complicated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be musically inept to think that Ariana Grande and Rihanna sound alike. Both make R&B-ish pop songs. It’s really not that complicated.

Exactly thank you! Someone gets it!

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

relying on rihanna rejects.

When?

ReplyCopy URL
    ArianaGrandeGrammys2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you bitches know than neither Rihanna nor Ariana writes their own songs…All hits from Rihanna are written by other people, same with Ariana so you can’t say Ariana is copying Rihanna when she isn’t even capable of composing 1 song on her own…Some Rihanna’s songs are also written by Sia, The Dream, Calvin Harris and many more and if Ariana’s team is copying anyone it’s them not Rihanna who is just a performer

ReplyCopy URL
    金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

You b*tches are the reason I hate being on the music threads.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevermore
    Participant
    Topics:

Is her new song falling into the pop category or is she making a return to country music?

God bless you and Taylor always!!!

Holly

I think she won’t return to country music soon. She signed with Republic Records. If she’d intended to make country music again, she’d have gone on working with Big Machine instead of choosing a mainstream based label.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.