Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 216 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
26 mins ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Os
PoweR
  • Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think her Grammy chances would’ve been much higher if she made a solo album. I don’t know how seriously the Grammy’s take Diplo. He’s a joke and really annoying.

Lmao coming from the cover photo of a boring pop guy. Honestly I don’t really care about LSD, they shut out Sia so many times I don’t see the reason they would give her now. Sia’s music should have one once, like for Chandelier for SOTY. Her time winning a Grammy is up, unless she goes to like Dance Recording.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Middle Child” has done well. J. Cole could possibly be back in the running. The issue with him is that he tends to release music randomly, then bounces. There’s no promotion or momentum to keep him going throughout the year. This album may be a little different since “Middle Child” was released as first single before the album.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

J. Cole releases too early and loses momentum through out the year. As of right now, “Middle Child” is a contender. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s snubbed again. Especially if the year proves to be strong.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Kendrick, J Cole and Cardi B drop albums next month? It will be easy nominations for them at this point

Kendrick would win. He’s guaranteed Grammy bait. Unless Chance the Rapper surprises with another critical hit album.

Cardi is more than likely in Rap/Sung Performance for “Please Me”. “Money” could sneak in Rap Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

CONFIRMED: Taylor Swift is attending the iHeartRadio Music Awards tomorrow. Not only because she will receive Tour of the Year, but also she could win Best Music Video and Album of the Year(pop category).Also,She could hit that she might announce that she will drop a surprise lead single from TS7 at 12 midnight Friday.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

CONFIRMED: Taylor Swift is attending the iHeartRadio Music Awards tomorrow. Not only because she will receive Tour of the Year, but also she could win Best Music Video and Album of the Year(pop category).Also,She could hit that she might announce that she will drop a surprise lead single from TS7 at 12 midnight Friday.

Youre actually being annoying now!!! Who tf doesn’t know that she is appearing tonight? We get that you are a Taylor stan but this is a thread about the 2020 Grammys so how the hell does Taylor appearing have any connection to the 2020 Grammys! Please stop putting stuff about Taylor on these threads unless she has released new music! Not trying to be mean but I can’t go on any thread without seeing you put something completely off topic about Taylor! I LOVE TAYLOR TO DEATH, but we all know these things you are saying so there is no need to repeat it please.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie Eilish is still eligible for Best New Artist, I could see here getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys have never liked J. Cole. I guess they don’t feel the need to pay him recognition and never will unless it’s undeniable.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie Eilish is still eligible for Best New Artist, I could see here getting in.

She’s possibly even an AOTY contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, if Billie Eilish gets nominated for BNA, let alone AOTY, I am going to fume.
    That girl is nothing but an industry plant to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    HarmonV
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga has changed her social media layouts, possibly teasing a release of new music soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Billie for AOTY, BNA, and Pop vocal (or alternative) right now. If Bury A Friend gets bigger then I might add that too.

Unless the album surprisingly bombs I think she’s safely in, at least in BNA and Pop Vocal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, if Billie Eilish gets nominated for BNA, let alone AOTY, I am going to fume.
    That girl is nothing but an industry plant to me.

Why does everyone think she’s an industry plant?

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Billie for AOTY, BNA, and Pop vocal (or alternative) right now. If Bury A Friend gets bigger then I might add that too.

Unless the album surprisingly bombs I think she’s safely in, at least in BNA and Pop Vocal.

The thing that was hampering Billie’s Grammy prospects was the lack of a legitimate hit. Bury a Friend was the hit she needed, and I’m assuming that her upcoming album will be a commercial success (it could very well debut at #1 on the Billboard 200).

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing that was hampering Billie’s Grammy prospects was the lack of a legitimate hit. Bury a Friend was the hit she needed, and I’m assuming that her upcoming album will be a commercial success.

Was it though? Sure it got to 14 on the Hot 100, but it never charted on pop radio. Honestly I’m not sure why everyone is so confident in her Grammy chances right now, at this point what makes her any different from someone like Lana Del Rey when she released Born to Die? Like Lana she’s an alternative leaning pop star with a cult following but no real hits, and Lana got completely shut out during that era. I’m not saying that’s necessarily going to happen to Billie, but I also don’t think she’s a sure thing for anything, including BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 216 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.