Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 948 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that Shallow is officially #1, I wonder how Gaga will perform next year. I think she should leave her own material for next year’s Grammy’s and focus on milking ASIB as much as she can. If she mixes both eras it’ll be messy.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If ASIB remains in the top10 for three more months. I’ll consider it a near-lock. The committee has nominated Gaga for AoTY everytime her album was successful. So if ASIB ends up being compellingly successful, they’ll surely give her a nod again.

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Brooks & Dunn and Luke Combs for the Best Country Duo/Group Performance award! (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Sigrid is getting great reviews. I hear Don’t Feel Like Crying a lot, but she’s still not getting the commercial success needed to breakthrough. She’s someone who could have done well a few years back. Billie Eilish is still the one to beat for BNA, her album will get good reviews and she has more success with streaming. Sigrid lacks a bit of personality, though I think she has a better chance than Maggie Rogers.

Also, I feel like Maren Morris could have a mild version of Kacey Musgraves breakthrough success, plus she has radio on her side. I said this last year about Kacey and people scoffed at me… but I feel like GIRL will be a major step forward for her.

As for Solange, her album is getting good reviews, mostly, but I feel like the buzz just isn’t there this time. Last time she released right at the cut-off and this one feels like less of a moment than A Seat at the Table and could have less staying power.

Matthew Porter
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB and TUN are the current locks for AOTY noms. Could change depending on longevity.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

“I’ll never love again” can win Best Visual Media Song.

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I really like Solange’s album but with those sales predictions and the buzz, it’s just not the same as A Seat at the Table.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Solange will be relegated to the R&B field, if that.

Even if she won a Grammy, she has only been nominated once.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think given that we have 8 slots now, we’ll have some surprise “indie” picks again in SoTY/RoTY.

I’m really hoping Hozier’s Movement makes the cut. It’ll be cool if they include Alternative Music in the GF this year.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I think given that we have 8 slots now, we’ll have some surprise “indie” picks again in SoTY/RoTY. I’m really hoping Hozier’s Movement makes the cut. It’ll be cool if they include Alternative Music in the GF this year.

I hope Alternative gets into AOTY, especially when Vampire Weekend releases Father of the Bride, but Hozier? Really? I love him, but he isn’t my pick for AOTY so far. He will probably get overshadowed by more critically acclaimed alternative artists.

Barnacles Bro

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I really like Solange’s album but with those sales predictions and the buzz, it’s just not the same as A Seat at the Table.

I agree. The thing me and OS we’re talking about is the stripped down the album is. Personally I love the album, but I see why people feel like it’s unfinished or doesn’t like the lyrical understanding (what does down with the clique or things I imagine do to the central idea). Plus the concept isn’t really fleshed out.

Barnacles Bro

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

“Things I Imagined” is one of the worst songs ever recorded by a human being!

Solange is overrated. Pretentious people can pretend to like to her but GET REAL!

She’s a fake “woke”, artsy fartsy, hack who panders to Black Twitter. And the music is bland, watered down, soul. Plus, she has a very uninspired voice.

I hope the Grammys stay far, FAR, away and don’t reward her garbage in any field.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

“Can’t Say I Ain’t Country” is easily my favorite Florida Georgia Line Album. All the songs are radio ready…..could have lived without the skits though. Just the three that seem like something the Grammys might go for the most though:
    1)”Simple”
    2)”Like You Never Had It”
    3)”Women” (featuring Jason Derulo)

The other album I am obsessed with right now is the Teal Album by Weezer. Perfection.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Because she beat Rihanna at the Grammys?

Basically.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Solange will score more than one nod (if any). The album is quite forgettable in my opinion. It’s not even as good as her last album.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.