Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 875 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
DC95
  • Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I doubt Solange gets snubbed.  She should be able to muster up at least one R&B nomination in this shitastic year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between Kacey and Solange is that Solange has no logevity. Everyone already forgot about that album, while Kacey and Janelle promoted their albums, released singles (even if they flopped commercially), appeared on TV shows and just overall kept their names out there. Not saying she isn’t likely, but if she doesn’t campaign she might get left out.

Also don’t know what TUN has to do with any of that. We use critical acclaim AND sales AND longevity. It’s not a Kacey Musgraves case.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I doubt Solange gets snubbed. She should be able to muster up at least one R&B nomination in this shitastic year.

I meant snubbed in the GF. My bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between Kacey and Solange is that Solange has no logevity. Everyone already forgot about that album, while Kacey and Janelle promoted their albums, released singles (even if they flopped commercially), appeared on TV shows and just overall kept their names out there. Not saying she isn’t likely, but if she doesn’t campaign she might get left out. Also don’t know what TUN has to do with any of that. We use critical acclaim AND sales AND longevity. It’s not a Kacey Musgraves case.

That’s true because Kacey did output music videos and singles almost every month. Ariana did that too, but no longevity

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between Kacey and Solange is that Solange has no logevity. Everyone already forgot about that album, while Kacey and Janelle promoted their albums, released singles (even if they flopped commercially), appeared on TV shows and just overall kept their names out there. Not saying she isn’t likely, but if she doesn’t campaign she might get left out.

Also don’t know what TUN has to do with any of that. We use critical acclaim AND sales AND longevity. It’s not a Kacey Musgraves case.

Solange’s album also doesn’t have anywhere near the cross-genre appeal that Golden Hour did. Tons of people, some who don’t even like country music, loved Golden Hour. It drew in lots of pop and rock fans.

ReplyCopy URL
    sheeriofly
    Participant
    Topics:

The 2020 eligibility window is shorter and with how slow the music period has been i wonder who’ll release before August.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/8504120/grammy-eligibility-year-close-one-month-early

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

The 2020 eligibility window is shorter and with how slow the music period has been i wonder who’ll release before August.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/8504120/grammy-eligibility-year-close-one-month-early

What is the point in this lol? Now we have to wait even longer for nominations after the eligibility period is over.

ReplyCopy URL
    sheeriofly
    Participant
    Topics:

What is the point in this lol? Now we have to wait even longer for nominations after the eligibility period is over.

Yeah i didn’t even realize that at first and the show will be in january now. and it just makes the 2021 window even longer.

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

This benefits Ariana. I doubt Adele releases even a lead single by August.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Unless they bump up the nominations announcement (unlikely since they didn’t in 2009), it’s going to be a long fall.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

This benefits Ariana. I doubt Adele releases even a lead single by August.

Adele doesn’t need to release. If voters picked a non-charting Joanne last year over Ariana’s hit and another x6 platinum hit , I’m pretty sure they will have no problem picking better less-commercial songs this year too if they don’t like these basic trap beat Ariana songs.

Don’t get yourself hyped up, because you might be disappointed.

Not to mention that TUN won’t even be the biggest song of the year. That might be Without Me considering its undeniable longevity.

And TUN the album won’t be the biggest of the year either. That’ll be ASIB (which is close to 2M already).

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The nominations are gonna be SHIT.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

The Billboard’s ROTY predictions (so far):

LEADERS

Ariana Grande, “Thank U, Next”

Cardi B & Bruno Mars’ “Please Me”

Post Malone & Swae Lee, “Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)”

Bad Bunny feat. Drake, “Mia”

Billie Eilish, “When the Party’s Over”

H.E.R., “Hard Place”

Halsey, “Without Me”

Dan + Shay, “Speechless”

CONTENDERS: Ella Mai, “Trip” — Khalid, “Better” — Maren Morris, “Girl” — Jonas Brothers, “Sucker” — Gesaffelstein & The Weeknd, “Lost in the Fire” — Sam Smith & Normani, “Dancing With a Stranger” — Imagine Dragons, “Bad Liar”

POSSIBILITIES: P!nk, “Walk Me Home” — Ellie Goulding x Diplo feat. Swae Lee, “Close to Me” — Juice WRLD, “Robbery”

link: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/8503866/grammys-early-line-2020-record-of-the-year-contenders

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be over and done with the grammys if Billie Eillish gets a RoTY nod.
    But Billboard are often delusional anyway when it comes to predictions.

Billie doesn’t even sings, she whispers.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Losing a month in the eligibility period gives a lot of artists a boost:

A Star is Born Soundtrack is looking more likely to be nominated in Album of the Year now along with some coattail noms in Pop Duo amongst others.

Ariana looks stronger to show up in the General Field (she won’t win, but there is a stronger case for her to be nominated… the “Scorpion” of this year).

Jonas Brothers might sneak in multiple noms (Pop Duo, Pop Album, SOTY)

Khalid should be able to breakthrough with his own solo General Field noms for his work. I feel like “Better” was submitted last year though, which is a shame.

I think Panic! At The Disco will receive a make-up nom for not being nominated for their huge hit “High Hopes” which made it big around the eligibility cut off time. Whether it’s a hit or not, I see their next pop single “Look Ma I Made It” getting in Pop Duo/Group.

Maren Morris will probably sweep in Country.

Mariah Carey’s looking to mirror the R&B nominations Toni Braxton received this past year with her critically acclaimed album. H.E.R. and Solange will show up in R&B as well… So will Khalid, India.Arie and Kehlani… maybe Ella Mai.

“Please Me” is awful in my opinion but I don’t see how it misses out in ROTY and whatever category they label the collab (Pop? Rap/Sung?)

Halsey announced she’ll have an album out soon so I can see her breaking through with Pop Solo and Album noms.

“Sunflower” should easily get in to both ROTY and SOTY.

Hozier looking good in Rock Field.

Blueface will Be this year’s JUICEwrld and will be snubbed. Grammys will not touch Thotiana lol. Also if Ava Max can’t come up with a 2nd hit single I don’t see her making an impact.

Billie Eilish is a sure thing in Best New Artist. I’m wondering if Lizzo is still eligible to be nominated in that category since she’s having a bit of a breakthrough moment now.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 875 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.