Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 948 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Good job assuming my nationality. I’m not Canadian, thank you very much. 21 is the best album of all time in my opinion yes. It’s far superior to anything your dear Ariana did or “bought” (since she doesn’t write her stuff). The vulnerability and the personal touch that you find in 21, you can’t find anywhere else. The stories behind the scenes about how she wrote and recorded a masterpiece like Rolling In The Deep in one take is admirable. And that’s what true artistry is. It isn’t shopping for songs. But again it’s ironic that you still cite those magazines while attacking me for saying 21 was the best album? Well Billboard that you were citing earlier named it as the greatest album of all time. Suddenly you don’t cite them anymore right? Very rich coming from someone who predicted Ariana to beat Adele for Best Pop Album in 2017 haha!

Lol Ariana winning against Adele is something for the ages! But your biased shit talking about Ariana G is pretty old. I’m not even pro-Ariana atm, just it’s funny! Shit talking a pop star when Ed Sheeran’s music is repetitive. lol boo bye. See you when nominations come out.

Barnacles Bro

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

“Same for me here!” Sidenote, I speak french and understood her perfectly lmao.

A trilingual king!!! We stan!!!!

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that people are writing off Old Town Road’s ROTY and SOTY chances, but the song is projected to be #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for a LONG time. I’m talking I Will Always Love You-kinds of long. I can see the Grammys going for it as a result.

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

“Sunflower” is a terrible song and definitely one of Post Malone’s worse. To say it’s good, let alone great is a joke. “Wow” deserves to be recognized instead.

As someone who was happy to see “Better Now” nominated and even would have considered it a deserving win if he had won, I have to agree on “Sunflower”. I’d prefer it if this one was not submitted/not nominated.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  alex00g2.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by  alex00g2.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that people are writing off Old Town Road’s ROTY and SOTY chances, but the song is projected to be #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for a LONG time. I’m talking I Will Always Love You-kinds of long. I can see the Grammys going for it as a result.

That’s not what chartdata meant.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Rihanna x Childish Gambino are rumored to be dropping on April 13th.

I guess it’s  confirmed by Childish  Gambino to be a music film, not an album, right?

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I have mixed feelings about this Lil Nas X song… I kind of think it is going to come and go faster than a speeding bullet. Yes, it’s a cultural phenomenon and will be one of those things we look back on during the year of 2019 and remember… however… the song is just basically a musical meme.

It will stay at #1 for a couple of weeks as people continue to discover it, but I don’t think it will have staying power. As soon as another meme worthy song drops, this might be forgotten… and that might happen sooner than we think.

I believe Lil Dicky and Justin Bieber’s collaboration comes out next Friday. Assuming its along the lines of “Freaky Friday” and a video drops as well… this could stop Lil Nas X’s reign.

In terms of Grammy chances…

I think a lot will ride on what Lil Nas X releases next. I think if his next single and album continue the trend of hip-hop meets country, I think the Recording Academy will embrace him and honor him with nominations… potentially in the General Field. If the “Old Town Road” song was a one-off nod to country music and he fails to have a successful follow-up single, then I think they will see him more as a parody artist and he might be snubbed altogether.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess it’s confirmed by Childish Gambino to be a music film, not an album, right?

There will be an accompanying soundtrack.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

There will be an accompanying soundtrack.

Yeah I saw that. No Rihanna on soundtrack… only Gambino

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Weyes Blood – Titanic Rising

Metacritic score 91 (so far with 22 reviews)
    On albumoftheyear.org the score in 85.

Might end up as the most acclaimed album of the eligibility period with more than 20 reviews (unless Kendrick releases). Perhaps not well known enough for AOTY, but maybe enough to put her on the radar for a Best Alternative Album nomination.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Rihanna stays making us thirsty for music.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate that bitch…🤦🏼‍♂️

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hoping BTS can come through with a major nomination this year. I’m already obsessed with their new single and I think it’s cool how they have been able to breakthrough in a major way into the U.S. music market!

I’m rooting for them to score a nomination in Pop Duo/Group/Collaboration for “Boy With Luv” featuring Halsey. Lord knows we haven’t had a lot of great new pop music as of late (outside of Ariana), and I think this blows a lot of the stateside competition out of the water!

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hoping BTS can come through with a major nomination in Pop Duo/Group this year. I’m already obsessed with their new single and I think it’s cool how they have been able to breakthrough in a major way into the U.S. music market! I’m rooting for them to score a nomination in Pop Duo/Group/Collaboration for “Boy With Luv” featuring Halsey. Lord knows we haven’t had a lot of great new pop music as of late (outside of Ariana), and I think this blows a lot of the stateside competition out of the water!

I mean last year proved that anything could be nominated, but BTS would have to pull a Fake Love Like song to be nominated. I’ve never heard that song nor I am going out of my way to do so. I think there are more interesting boy bands yet alone bands from the Kpop/Jpop world that would be a fad that we look back from 2019 in a couple of years.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

There are lots of critically acclaimed albums that came out this year. And Kacey gave me some hope that another person with critical acclaim would win for AOTY rather than some popstar that makes generic music (sorry to Bruno, Taylor and Adele love you, just not AOTY worthy).

Some Critically Albums That Could Be in AOTY

• Assume Form- James Blake
    • Remind Me Tomorrow- Sharon Ban Etten
    • Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande
    • When I Get Home- Solange
    • Grey Area- Little Simz
    • Psychodrama- Dave
    • This Land- Gary Clark Jr.
    • Flume- Hi This is Flume
    • Titanic Rising- Weyes Blood

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.