Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 977 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oz
M
DC95
  • DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

He barely won his Grammy in a tie.

A tie with Grammy darling Kendrick Lamar. With just one more vote, he would have won over Kendrick. And he won over Cardi B and #1 hits by Drake and Travis Scott.

Not to mention, “Bubblin” was considered a filler nomination / committee pick, so the fact that it won (tie or otherwise) is significant.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t see Anderson .Paak getting into AOTY. To get into AOTY, rap albums need a big commercial impact or massive critical acclaim, usually both. He barely won his Grammy in a tie. He’ll be relegated to the rap field if anything.

He’s not exclusively “rap.” He blurs the lines just as much as Childish Gambino. He is already an early favorite for Rap/Sung, R&B Performance and Urban Contemporary.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the standard for getting #1 hits in the U.S nowadays? Make the song sound just as awful as possible?

7 rings, Old Town Road, Girls Like You, Sunflower… All of these songs have no business being anywhere close to #1.

Really sad that we’re talking about Post Malone getting a second GF nod; a person that I think makes nothing but cringy music (except for Rockstar maybe)

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

“Single Man” from High Valley for the Best Country Duo/Group Performance award. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the standard for getting #1 hits in the U.S nowadays? Make the song sound just as awful as possible?

7 rings, Old Town Road, Girls Like You, Sunflower… All of these songs have no business being anywhere close to #1.

Really sad that we’re talking about Post Malone getting a second GF nod; a person that I think makes nothing but cringy music (except for Rockstar maybe)

Post Malone and Ariana Grande all have better (or at least more interesting) #1s than whatever mediocre acoustic bullshit we were being shoved by pop radio or another boring-ass Drake song. Just because you don’t like a song doesn’t mean it isn’t worthy of #1. And this time both audiences and critics are enjoying the #1 songs.

Sunflower and Thank U, Next are both great, acclaimed pop songs. I’ll definitely take those over Love Yourself, Perfect, or God-forbid Meant to Be.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Wild Rose’s Music and “Glasgow (No Place Like Home)” are simply outstanding, Buckley’s cover of Boulder to Birmingham made me wall like child.

Should a contender for the Visual Media categories and longshot at the country categories.

https://youtu.be/E-l-Ly0ly4M

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone and Ariana Grande all have better (or at least more interesting) #1s than whatever mediocre acoustic bullshit we were being shoved by pop radio or another boring-ass Drake song. Just because you don’t like a song doesn’t mean it isn’t worthy of #1. And this time both audiences and critics are enjoying the #1 songs.

Sunflower and Thank U, Next are both great, acclaimed pop songs. I’ll definitely take those over Love Yourself, Perfect, or God-forbid Meant to Be.

Except that they are both as boring and repetitive as meant to be.

Lol please don’t compare Love Yourself and Perfect to that hot garbage. At the very least they don’t have a chorus that repeats the same 3 words over and over again.

And who cares about reviews or whatever. If those few bloggers like the songs, good for them. I don’t. And it’s not like I need to have high esteem for their opinions lol. They’re just online bloggers/writers. Most of them, if not all have no artistic background and probably never tried to write a song.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

If those few bloggers like the songs, good for them. I don’t. And it’s not like I need to have high esteem for their opinions lol. They’re just online bloggers/writers. Most of them, if not all have no artistic background and probably never tried to write a song.

The irony of this…. You’ve been shoving your opinion on Ariana down everyone’s throat for the past 6 months.

Formerly Ospencer. I'm still a huge fan of Octavia but my old username felt too specific.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Except that they are both as boring and repetitive as meant to be.

Lol please don’t compare Love Yourself and Perfect to that hot garbage. At the very least they don’t have a chorus that repeats the same 3 words over and over again.

And who cares about reviews or whatever. If those few bloggers like the songs, good for them. I don’t. And it’s not like I need to have high esteem for their opinions lol. They’re just online bloggers/writers. Most of them, if not all have no artistic background and probably never tried to write a song.

Calling Consequence of Sound, Pitchfork, Billboard, AV Club, The Telegraph, and Rolling Stone “a few bloggers” is a reach and a motherfucking half.

Also no one is forcing you to like those songs. But don’t come here acting like Ed Sheeran acoustic ballads are God’s gift to songwriting.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Calling Consequence of Sound, Pitchfork, Billboard, AV Club, The Telegraph, and Rolling Stone “a few bloggers” is a reach and a motherfucking half.

Also no one is forcing you to like those songs. But don’t come here acting like Ed Sheeran acoustic ballads are God’s gift to songwriting.

Let’s take a look at Rolling Stone for example, which is perhaps the most prestigious publication among those that you named (consequence of sound LOL, what’s next Yahoo?). Their top 10 songs of the year, in the order from N1 to N10: In My Feelings, Shallow, I Like It, Never Be The Same, Nice For What, Mariners Apartment Complex, Charity, Come On To Me, Make Me Feel and Sicko Mode. Hmm, I don’t see Sunflower.

Yeah so please stop acting like TUN/7 Rings and Sunflower are somewhat undeniably acclaimed and everyone’s favorite. Yes some might’ve liked the songs, but others didn’t. Online writers and bloggers who have no musical expertise have just the same weight of opinion as anyone else.

Also TUN aged so fast. It’s charting lower than many older songs. And with all the hype surrounding its music videos, it has less views than Sunflower (VFX video lol) and Shallow (basically extended ASIB trailer lol).

Ariana is just lucky, she’ll probably get a GF nod mainly because this year is so weak that they’ll have a hard time filling the 8 spots. Same goes for Sunflower. It wouldn’t’ve been nominated in a competitive year, but now I see it getting in.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s take a look at Rolling Stone for example, which is perhaps the most prestigious publication among those that you named (consequence of sound LOL, what’s next Yahoo?). Their top 10 songs of the year, in the order from N1 to N10: In My Feelings, Shallow, I Like It, Never Be The Same, Nice For What, Mariners Apartment Complex, Charity, Come On To Me, Make Me Feel and Sicko Mode. Hmm, I don’t see Sunflower.

Yeah so please stop acting like TUN/7 Rings and Sunflower are somewhat undeniably acclaimed and everyone’s favorite. Yes some might’ve liked the songs, but others didn’t. Online writers and bloggers who have no musical expertise have just the same weight of opinion as anyone else.

Also TUN aged so fast. It’s charting lower than many older songs. And with all the hype surrounding its music videos, it has less views than Sunflower (VFX video lol) and Shallow (basically extended ASIB trailer lol).

Ariana is just lucky, she’ll probably get a GF nod mainly because this year is so weak that they’ll have a hard time filling the 8 spots. Same goes for Sunflower. It wouldn’t’ve been nominated in a competitive year, but now I see it getting in.

Rolling Stone actually really liked the song, as well as many other publications. Music journalists are, mostly, musicians, and probably way better informed than a Canadian who claims 21 is the best album of all time and that Ed Sheeran actually makes good music.

And Thank U, Next actually finished at #2 on the Year End aggregate for the Best Songa of 2018 behind This Is America. So yeah, both are well liked by critics and audiences, specially Thank U, Next.

Sunflower would be in the conversation regardless of the year. Aside from the praise, it’s been in the top 10 for a *while*, and the fact that it is at #2 right now despite the movie hype being long gone is extremely impressive. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if it ends up #1 on the Year End. It’s already at #3 behind thank u, next and Without Me, and those are lower.

Thank U, Next spent 7 weeks at #1 and went platinum in less than 2 weeks. To suggest that it only has a chance because this is a weak year is delusional. The song was everywhere. I’ve already explained to you why it is lower on the charts, so I’m going to assume you have some type of cognitive deficiency and move on.

6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

“Sunflower” is a terrible song and definitely one of Post Malone’s worse. To say it’s good, let alone great is a joke. “Wow” deserves to be recognized instead.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Rolling Stone actually really liked the song, as well as many other publications. Music journalists are, mostly, musicians, and probably way better informed than a Canadian who claims 21 is the best album of all time and that Ed Sheeran actually makes good music.

And Thank U, Next actually finished at #2 on the Year End aggregate for the Best Songa of 2018 behind This Is America. So yeah, both are well liked by critics and audiences, specially Thank U, Next.

Sunflower would be in the conversation regardless of the year. Aside from the praise, it’s been in the top 10 for a *while*, and the fact that it is at #2 right now despite the movie hype being long gone is extremely impressive. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if it ends up #1 on the Year End. It’s already at #3 behind thank u, next and Without Me, and those are lower.

Thank U, Next spent 7 weeks at #1 and went platinum in less than 2 weeks. To suggest that it only has a chance because this is a weak year is delusional. The song was everywhere. I’ve already explained to you why it is lower on the charts, so I’m going to assume you have some type of cognitive deficiency and move on.

Good job assuming my nationality. I’m not Canadian, thank you very much.
    21 is the best album of all time in my opinion yes. It’s far superior to anything your dear Ariana did or “bought” (since she doesn’t write her stuff).

The vulnerability and the personal touch that you find in 21, you can’t find anywhere else. The stories behind the scenes about how she wrote and recorded a masterpiece like Rolling In The Deep in one take is admirable. And that’s what true artistry is. It isn’t shopping for songs. But again it’s ironic that you still cite those magazines while attacking me for saying 21 was the best album? Well Billboard that you were citing earlier named it as the greatest album of all time. Suddenly you don’t cite them anymore right?

Very rich coming from someone who predicted Ariana to beat Adele for Best Pop Album in 2017 haha!

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard didn’t say it’s the best album of all time. They listed it as the greatest in terms of chart run, but of course you wouldn’t know the difference.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Good job assuming my nationality. I’m not Canadian, thank you very much.

Then I guess you’re a liar?

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 977 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.