Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 977 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
D
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

this billie chick is basically avril lavigne of 2019. when you compare her to people like post malone, juiceworld, ariana grande and halsey, of course she stands out. even avril would stand out if she came out today.

I think that Ariana is the Queen of Pop at this moment, so Billie isn’t anywhere near her level yet. She could get there, of course.

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally Taylor is coming to end this shitfest of pop music and give us something new. At this point I wouldn’t mind if she wins AOTY in such a God awful year.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Ariana is the Queen of Pop at this moment, so Billie isn’t anywhere near her level yet. She could get there, of course.

By that standard, Post Malone would have to be the king of pop too.

Having a couple of N1 songs on BB100 mainly thanks to massive airplay doesn’t make you queen/king of pop. Stop with the delusion. Even Iggy Azalea reached similar success in 2014. Trends tend to die off.

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow this BTS music video is getting an insane amount of views…123 million in 2 days!

6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow this BTS music video is getting an insane amount of views…123 million in 2 days!

Their fan’s bots can give them 1B in 1 day and they still won’t be nominated for a Grammy.

ddib3
    Participant
    Topics:

This is turning out to be a really shitty year for music so far, but most of the time it gets better around May and June.

Hopefully that’s the case. I’m honestly not crazy about anything that’s dropped this year so far.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Possible SoTY nominees as it stands (leaving room for some new releases):

1. Lewis Capaladi – Someone You Loved (The A-Team of this year)

2. Sam Smith & Normani – Dancing With A Stranger

3. Billie Eillish – When The Party’s Over

4. Post Malone & Swae Lee – Sunflower

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it crack that you smoke… she is definitely not the queen… not even right now when she is dominating lmao!! Pop princess is the correct term at the moment!

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande should be the biggest snub in 2020 Grammys.

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

This is turning out to be a really shitty year for music so far, but most of the time it gets better around May and June.

Hopefully that’s the case. I’m honestly not crazy about anything that’s dropped this year so far.

Watch out for TS7 lead single this April 26.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande should be the biggest snub in 2020 Grammys.

She will be nominated elsewhere. I just don’t see her in SoTY, especially after they passed over NTLTC (which was a big hit, and was only blocked from N1 by Drake during his peak) and nominated smaller hits like In My Blood.

She could be nominated in RoTY/AoTY.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Gonna venture out and say that none of these songs will be nominated for Song of the Year. (dancing with a stranger deserves tho)

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Gonna venture out and say that none of these songs will be nominated for Song of the Year. (dancing with a stranger deserves tho)

Well unless the second half of the year is full of bops, I don’t see who they’ll nominate instead.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

She will be nominated elsewhere. I just don’t see her in SoTY, especially after they passed over NTLTC (which was a big hit, and was only blocked from N1 by Drake during his peak) and nominated smaller hits like In My Blood.

She could be nominated in RoTY/AoTY.

Oddly I feel like she has a waaaay better shot at SOTY than ROTY. The song’s memorable thanks to its lyrics, and given the last few winners, I doubt lyrical-profoundness is a must. However, I feel like she can miss Record.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Oddly I feel like she has a waaaay better shot at SOTY than ROTY. The song’s memorable thanks to its lyrics, and given the last few winners, I doubt lyrical-profoundness is a must. However, I feel like she can miss Record.

The committee can be picky about SoTY. There’s a reason why huge hits like Humble and Rockstar missed SoTY despite being in RoTY. It’s mainly because of swearing/profanity. So I don’t really see TUN getting in either. At best it’ll be in RoTY. But who knows, we’ll see…

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 977 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.