Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 948 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

What a somewhat disgusting year for music so far…

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The 26th is a Friday. So I think Taylor Swift will most likely release a song next week.

If it’s a bop, that’ll probably be the new RoTY/SoTY frontrunner. She never won that category before. I don’t think the committee will mind her winning it.

As of right now, I think Ariana has a decent chance at being nominated in the GF, but the stronger the year gets (in the next few month), the less likely it becomes for her to be nominated.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

The 26th is a Friday. So I think Taylor Swift will most likely release a song next week. If it’s a bop, that’ll probably be the new RoTY/SoTY frontrunner. She never won that category before. I don’t think the committee will mind her winning it. As of right now, I think Ariana has a decent chance at being nominated in the GF, but the stronger the year gets (in the next few month), the less likely it becomes for her to be nominated.

I defenilty think she will be nominated but I feel like she won’t win if Taylor’s song is really big. But then again we don’t even know if it’s for music lmao! Watch her release a new clothing line or jewelry😂

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t feel comfortable calling Taylor a frontrunner for anything until I hear the song/see its chart performance, after what happened to Reputation.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

The 26th is a Friday. So I think Taylor Swift will most likely release a song next week.

If it’s a bop, that’ll probably be the new RoTY/SoTY frontrunner. She never won that category before. I don’t think the committee will mind her winning it.

As of right now, I think Ariana has a decent chance at being nominated in the GF, but the stronger the year gets (in the next few month), the less likely it becomes for her to be nominated.

If TS7 lead single is really good and has a international cultural impact, then it will be nominated for ROTY and SOTY. There’s also a great chance that she will finally win either these two awards because she’s long overdue. She could have won ROTY or SOTY for Blank Space three years ago.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Matt90210.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Matt90210.
    RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say she is a hard lock for an Album of the Year nomination at this point.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say she is a hard lock for an Album of the Year nomination at this point.

Hard lock? No. She ain’t Adele lol…

It doens’t take rocket science to realize that Ariana Grande is someone that the committee doesn’t happen to like. All of her previous albums were commercially successful and “acclaimed” (the critics always overhype her), but she has yet to receive a GF nod. Last year, they nominated In My Blood over NTLTC! If they were fond of her, they would’ve certainly given her a nod somewhere especially when she was heavily predicted for AoTY too.

Is she harder to ignore this year? Yes. Is she a lock? No, especially if there are several strong contending pop albums that the Grammy’s can choose from.

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone else noticed that every year people complain about how it’s a “weak year” in music? This is like the third year where I have seen that.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

There are two (maybe three if Taylor pulls thru) major pop albums this year aside from Ariana, and almost no competition from the other genres. I would say Ariana, Billie, and Gaga are all pretty safe bets. I could see them all three get in. Besides that the others either lack buzz or lack acclaim.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

With an upcoming Taylor release, if it’s better received than Reputation. You’ll have 4 contending pop albums.

And I highly doubt that all of them would be nominated. It’ll come down to who the committee prefers to nominate this year. And none of the options is a lock.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

How many pop albums do you think they will allow to be in AOTY? Those seem to be the only major albums so far and it looks like it will continue to be! There hasn’t been any really big rap albums yet, I can see Maren Morris being the country/Americana nomination and Solange will probably get in because you know it’s like the only popular R&B album by an acclaimed artist! That leaves 6 spots for pop albums as of right now! Do you guys think they will allow that?

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

How many pop albums do you think they will allow to be in AOTY? Those seem to be the only major albums so far and it looks like it will continue to be! There hasn’t been any really big rap albums yet, I can see Maren Morris being the country/Americana nomination and Solange will probably get in because you know it’s like the only popular R&B album by an acclaimed artist! That leaves 6 spots for pop albums as of right now! Do you guys think they will allow that?

I mean, there’s precedent for it. 4/5 nominees in 2012 were Pop, including the eventual winner. But Pop as a genre was at a different place back then and so were the Grammys. I doubt they let that many in, but 4 seems possible. There’s still time left and there will likely big releases from other genres to come.
    They’re also known for surprises.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Skies.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Skies.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see 4, no more than that though.

Pop has been the dominant genre this year. Out of all the #1 hits, all have been pop songs, except Old Town Road. Shallow, 7 Rings, thank u next, Sucker, Sunflower, Without Me…all pop.

So, since there were 4 rap albums last year (yes Post’s album was mostly rap), I could see 4 this year. In fact, I’m predicting 4 at the moment (the big 3 out, plus Maggie Rogers). The other spots I have Maren Morris, 21 Savage, Khalid, and an open slot (I have Juice WRLD there but he obviously won’t make it).

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone else noticed that every year people complain about how it’s a “weak year” in music? This is like the third year where I have seen that.

The last great year for music was 2016! 2017 was ok. 2018 was decent. But 2019 is probably the worst year of this decade. It’s a complete dead zone. People have a right to complain.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammy Predictions 2019 April/ May (Not In Order)

Record Of The Year

1. Post Malone, Swea Lee- Sunflower
    2. Billie Eilish- when the party is over
    3. Hozier- Almost (Sweet Music)
    4. Mark Ronson, Miley Cyrus- Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
    5. The 1975- It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You)
    6. Ariana Grande- 7 Rings

Song Of The Year

1. Post Malone, Swea Lee- Sunflower
    2. Billie Eilish- when the party is over
    3. Hozier- Almost (Sweet Music)
    4. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next
    5. Ava Max- Sweet But Pshyco
    6. Dean Lewis- Let Her Go

Album Of The Year

1. Lady Gaga- A Star Is Born
    2. Billie Eilish- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go
    3. Solange- When I Get Home
    4. Cage The Elephant- Social Cues
    5. The 1975- A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships
    6. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next

Best New Artist

1. Billie Eilish
    2. Lizzo
    3. Ava Max
    4. Dean Lewis
    5. Joji

It hasn’t been a bad year in music but a slow year… which is worse. But honestly, I would stop paying attention to mainstream music and start paying VERY close attention to the Alternative/ Rock genre because this year so far it has been an INCREDIBLE year for the genre with artists such as Cage The Elephant, Hozier, The 1975, Billie Eilish, The Lumineers and such. They actually have a big chance. I don’t think Taylor Swift will make a greater impact, She could get nominated but other than that, That’s it.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.