Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 948 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Music film is very picky with non documentaries, so the muted response to Guava Island seems to have taken it out of the running. I have a hard time seeing Homecoming and Reputation being nominated together, big modern singers struggle in this category, and they’re both Netflix produced concert documentaries. I think it’s very likely one gets in, and I’d say it’s probably Homecoming given the Grammy love for Beyoncé’s last two solo projects, as well as their generally unenthusiastic response to reputation.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

Reputation and Homecoming are almost locks for music films one is about the highest grossing tour in US history and the other one is about the first black woman headlining Coachella. Both are good movies. The win depends on who sweeps in nomination and actually gets in or a music film about a veteran come our and knocks them both out.

As of right now I think the Grammys should focus on less mainstream music.

ASIB has a good shot at being nominated, not a lock. Why? Because it’s still a whole body of work, and shallow was one song. The other songs didn’t pull through like the others and the difference with the Black Panther soundtrack is that ASIB isn’t attached to a cultural moment, and the movie underperformed and unlike Black Panther, ASIB was probably made for Oscars, BP probably wasn’t.

TUN is the pop album of the bunch that probably will get nominated. It has the reviews it just needs longevity. She should push Thank You, Next in Song and Record of the year, want to admit or not 7 Rings isn’t material for Song nor Record even if it performed well in the charts.

Billie’s album is probably not getting in, I only see her in BNA and her genre probably alternative if they don’t push her in pop like Beck last year.

Coachella helps more Billie than Ariana since Ariana’s performance was kinda lame, she tried to pull a Beyonce and failed miserably.

Halsey probably will pull a nomination in Record or Song and her genre, pop too. The song has the longevity if it maintains can be a lock for Record.

Hozier, The Lumineers, The 1975, Maggie Roger’s and Co. Probably will be relegated to their genres with one or two of them being the Carlile the year and actually getting nominations. That’s if they get nominations.

Maren Morris isn’t Kacey Musgraves. I see her getting moms in country with a far away shot at AOTY but never a lock as of right now.

Solange can pull through in AOTYamd her genre since it’s acclaimed but that’s it.

Record of the year will probably will be like last year all hits so… not much to add.

None of the songs that are popular that have been coming during eligibility period are well written or are material for Song of the year, only Without Me seems the most “deserving” one. So I think this will be packed with less popular songs.

We have to wait for Swift to actually release the song to see of it’s actually gonna maintain the hype to be nominated unless her second single is the blank space of this album and should push that one. Her album is probably come out late July or late August so it so we need to see the probability of it being nominated. Panel probably blocked Swift last year to save themselves and not give her the third win. If the song pulls through and conserves the hype she could be the frontrunner and get the Record and Song trophies she’s overdue for.

Gaga will probably release after the eligibility period so she won’t block ASIB.

Watch out for the Game of Thrones soundtrack because the show massive and one of the most acclaimed.

Beyonce dropping an album right now seems like she is gonna push it for Grammy season. I wanna see how the year develop in terms of music so I  can rule the album out of AOTY race but with 8 slots to fill seems likely that she gets in. I wish she releases something else before September so she can’t get blocked by Adele who is probably sweeping 2021.

Sam Smith seems likely only in pop duo. But he failed to get pop solo for a top 10 hit and isn’t 2015 popular.

Conclusion: weakest year, and if Swift pulls through probably the frontrunner in everything she gets nominated.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Steve.
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo:

• Thank U Next/7 Rings, Ariana Grande
    • Without Me, Halsey
    • Walk Me Home, P!nk
    • Unreleased TS7 Single, Taylor Swift
    • Always Remember Us This Way, Lady Gaga

FYC:

CATS.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Well critics and awards disagree.Keep your opinion, it doesn’t matter 😛

Liking a movie/soundtrack isn’t the same as calling it a “masterpiece”.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor’s album needs to be *very* succesful and good for them to give her a third AOTY trophy, specially after Reputation.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

`“Dancing With a Stranger” is easily of the biggest pop hits of this year, it’s literally top five in both pop & overall radio about to go top ten in billboard, that’s also eligible for platinum, at this point.. it has Pop Duo on lock.

Especially in this weak year in music, also TGAG was released a week before deadline and in company with tough competition that had more established hits due to releasing earlier, this is not that case in my opinion.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Normani also had a top ten hit … with a popular male singer … last year and was completely snubbed.

She needs to release a solo single and boost her exposure. She has potential to be a huge star.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Love Lies being snubbed is true travesty to be honest, that song deserved Pop Duo nomination, tbh

But I’m sticking with my guns, DWAS for Pop Duo and that’s all I see them getting.

I will always love you

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With A Stranger and Love Lies are two very different scenarios.

Love Lies was sent to R&B despite getting very little traction on Urban radio. Plus, Khalid is not a 4x Grammy winner, and 2018 was not as weak as 2019 so far. Pop voters gave Camila two noma last year, so I don’t think they’ll mind giving Normani her due.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Which makes me think “DWAS” could (and that’s a strong could) score more than one nomination, I mean billboard list it as contender for “ROTY” if it continues to do well, especially in the upcoming summertime.

I will always love you

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not impossible. But it’s also not guaranteed. Sam Smith didn’t do so hot with nominations on his last album either. And he’s a safe, predictable, Grammy bait artist.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody expected Sam to drop something so uptempo as this, hence why it’s doing better than most “Thrill Of It All” singles, I still see Pop Duo in the cards.

I will always love you

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve talked about love lies chances with my friends lol! I think it’s gettin in but they were arguing that instances have happened like this before. I told them that it’s a weak year and it’s going too 10 next week. They said that the last two years songs like that have been snubbed. They said with Love Lies last year and It Ain’t Me ( Selena Gomez and Kygo) the year before getting snubbed could be a sign for this year as well. What other songs beside love lies is actually being talked about in pop duo group that would disprove this? I know there’s nothing breaks like a heart but I just don’t see it getting in even in this very weak year!

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve talked about love lies chances with my friends lol! I think it’s gettin in but they were arguing that instances have happened like this before. I told them that it’s a weak year and it’s going too 10 next week. They said that the last two years songs like that have been snubbed. They said with Love Lies last year and It Ain’t Me ( Selena Gomez and Kygo) the year before getting snubbed could be a sign for this year as well. What other songs beside love lies is actually being talked about in pop duo group that would disprove this? I know there’s nothing breaks like a heart but I just don’t see it getting in even in this very weak year!

Ok.. are you talking about DWAS? Because I’m confused of your comment,

I will always love you

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok.. are you talking about DWAS? Because I’m confused of your comment,

Yes lol! What other songs besides DWAS have a chance of getting into pop duo group? It’s late at night and it’s been a long ass day so sorry for the crappy attempt at typing and spelling correctly😂

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.