Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 977 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
D
  • D
    Participant
    Topics:

Which music film candidates we have this year besides Beyonce?

Well, for one, there’s Childish Gambino.

Never mind the fact that most of the people who end up winning that category are acts who don’t get discussed on this board.

EDIT: Taylor Swift too.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  D.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  D.
    D
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé will certainly submit one of the tracks to R&B Performance, and knowing the Grammys, they will nominate her. See “Halo” (Live) and “Me, Myself & I” (Live). Or they could nominate “Before I Left Go,” which is a studio recording.

Before I Let Go seems the most likely for R&B Perf. Probably also something (Love On Top?) in Traditional R&B. I Been On in Rap Performance/Song too, but it might be too old to be eligible.

John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

Before I Let Go seems the most likely for R&B Perf. Probably also something (Love On Top?) in Traditional R&B. I Been On in Rap Performance/Song too, but it might be too old to be eligible.

But she’s not winning any of that

D
    Participant
    Topics:

But she’s not winning any of that

OK? I didn’t say she was. I didn’t even say she was getting nominated for any of those.

nevermore
    Participant
    Topics:

The last time released a Live album she earned 2 nominations from it.

She can get in AOTY. Its a very weak year and she’s much bigger than she was in 2010. And has accumulated 2 more AOTY nominations since then.

But not for her live albums. She was also much bigger in last year than she was in 2010, and failed to get nominated for AOTY. She can get a few noms for this album, and she probably will, but my point is her chances for getting nominated for AOTY.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

To be completely honest, Homecoming seems like a more likely AOTY winner than any of the albums released so far. I love them to death, but Ariana, Billie, and Gaga just don’t cut it for me; their albums surely will get a nomination, but neither sounds like Album of the Year for me. At least Beyoncé could be awarded as an apology for the Lemonade snub.

However, as of right now, I only see it in Music Film and some performance category.

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The most Beyoncé will get in terms of nominations will be Traditional R&B Performance for “Before I Let Go” & Best Music Film.

AOTY for a LIVE album seems unlikely.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s nothing “traditional R&B” about Beyoncé’s rendition of “Before I Let Go.” It’s basically New Orleans Bounce like “In My Feelings” and “Formation.” It would be placed in R&B Performance, if anything.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Live albums getting into AOTY are extremely rare and I don’t see Homecoming doing that. For songs they’ve already heard? Nah. She’ll get a nod or two in a genre category.

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

To be completely honest, Homecoming seems like a more likely AOTY winner than any of the albums released so far. I love them to death, but Ariana, Billie, and Gaga just don’t cut it for me; their albums surely will get a nomination, but neither sounds like Album of the Year for me. At least Beyoncé could be awarded as an apology for the Lemonade snub.

However, as of right now, I only see it in Music Film and some performance category.

What terrible logic. A live album of re-hashed songs winning over new material? Especially the MASTERPIECE of genre-blending music featured on the A Star Is Born Soundtrack? We have rock, pop, country, dance, etc. all in one album. I think past wins/losses should never be factored it.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

What terrible logic. A live album of re-hashed songs winning over new material? Especially the MASTERPIECE of genre-blending music featured on the A Star Is Born Soundtrack? We have rock, pop, country, dance, etc. all in one album. I think past wins/losses should never be factored it.

It’s happened before, so I can understand this kind of logic.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Calling A Star Is Born a “masterpiece” over Beyoncé’s discography is peak delusion, and keep in mind I’ve been a Gaga fan ever since Just Dance and I’m not that into Beyoncé. HOMECOMING is great, a body of work from one of the best performers alive. Love ASIB, but a win from it would be dissapointing; noy only because it is a soundtrack album, but it’s just not that interesting.

What I was saying is that, since this is such a weak year, giving finally Beyoncé an Album of the Year trophy for a collection of her best songs performed live would make more sense.

A Gaga win would be uninspired (either way, I don’t know if the soundtrack will be remembered come August), a win for Ariana would make sense but she’s just not there yet, and Billie won’t win.

I like those albums (in fact their all 80+ in my opinion). I was just saying, if they want an opportunity, this is it. Surprised you aren’t able to understand an opinion, but then again…

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

A Star is Born is hardly a “masterpiece.”

And giving Beyoncé AOTY for a live album would be just as uninspired as giving Kendrick AOTY for a soundtrack album.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

And giving Beyoncé AOTY for a live album would be just as uninspired as giving Kendrick AOTY for a soundtrack album.

And about 100x more unrealistic.

Beyoncé is not winning AOTY with a live album and she’s most likely not even getting the nomination. The album hasn’t even been out for 24 hours and y’all are reaching for the high heavens.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If nominated, ASIB would make a very worthy winner (if it wins).

Not only it was acclaimed and awarded for its music in every single awards show, but its commercial success is impressive as well. It spent 4 weeks at #1 and 20 weeks so far in the TOP5 on BB100. Its sole single peaked at #1 and is still charting higher than newer hits on BB100.

When was the last time a soundtrack had all of elements of success? To sweep the awards season, spend 20 weeks in the Top5 and have a #1 single?

Albeit a soundtrack, the album is surely the most deserving choice this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 977 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.