Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 948 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes lol! What other songs besides DWAS have a chance of getting into pop duo group? It’s late at night and it’s been a long ass day so sorry for the crappy attempt at typing and spelling correctly😂

“Sucker” to be honest and that’s it.

I will always love you

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes lol! What other songs besides DWAS have a chance of getting into pop duo group? It’s late at night and it’s been a long ass day so sorry for the crappy attempt at typing and spelling correctly😂

Sucker seems to surprisingly be the frontrunner atm.

John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor has a really good chance this year- this year is so weak and also shorter (it ends in August) and we don’t have any like real SOTY/ROTY material, if she releases a successful acclaimed single she can easily become one of the frontrunners if not the frontrunner- with a successful era Taylor can beat Ariana at the Grammys especially since Ariana hype will fade slowly until the next year while Taylor’s album is gonna be fresher and new with more hype, but that is only IF Taylor is successful and if she promotes and goes back to her Red/1989 pop songwriting!

Breathe
    Participant
    Topics:

Leave Taylor alone. Wait for her release. Don’t be jumping to conclusions untill we hear the actual song.

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not going to make predictions about Taylor until she releases something and even then the lead single isn’t a good indication of the quality of the album, so for the moment I will say only this.

Paul Simon was the last person to win AOTY three times.

1971, 1976 and 1987

That 11 year gap before winning a third time with “Graceland” was also an 11 year gap between nominations.

Huge sales and huge acclaim — multiple 5 star reviews and on-going acclaim, #73 on the acclaimedmusic.net all-time list and highly influential.

Let’s wait and see what Taylor can do.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  alex00g2.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  alex00g2.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Sucker” to be honest and that’s it.

and Sunflower. And whatever ASIB’s entry in that category (presumably I’ll Never Love Again) is.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group is right now:

1. Sunflower vs Sucker
    3. Dancing With A Stranger
    4. ASIB
    5. Close to Me????

I still have faith in Mark Ronson & Miley Cyrus to get a nom but I’m not gonna predict them at the moment.

Earth by Lil Dicky might be an option. It has a ton of singers involved, which might show support from the industry (the fact that Lil Dicky is even a possibility…)

Justin Bieber and Drake both have upcoming collaborations with Ariana so that’s also an option.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

And whatever ASIB’s entry in that category (presumably I’ll Never Love Again) is.

Is I’ll never love again eligible in duo? Bradley has one sentence. There’s not a lot of duo apart from Shallow.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to think For The Throne could get some Grammy love…

FYC:

CATS.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Is I’ll never love again eligible in duo? Bradley has one sentence. There’s not a lot of duo apart from Shallow.

It’s probably eligible though that’s most certainly category fraud.

There are other songs from the soundtrack they could submit there though.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Power Is Power is so good. R&B Performance or Rap/Sung contender.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop categories are super weak right now… only for sure contenders:

Pop Solo
    Ariana Grande – “7 Ringz” (I have a hunch this might be her submission choice)
    Halsey – “Without Me”
    Billie Ellish – “When The Party’s Over”

Even though the category is weak, I don’t predict Lady Gaga will get nominated here for another non-single after winning last year.

Also, watch out for a submission from Beyoncé! At this point she’d be good as gold to get nominated. I’d personally submit “Before I Let Go” here instead of R&B.

Assuming Taylor stays pop, she’ll have a decent shot at getting in as long as the single isn’t overproduced and too light-weight (“Look What You Made Me Do”).

Khalid is having a great year… if he chooses to submit “Better” here he might just get in.

Pop Duo/Group
    Jonas Brothers – “Sucker”
    Sam Smith & Normani – “Dancing with s Stranger”
    Post Malone & Swae Lee – “Sunflower”

Depending on the competition… Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper could make it again it, but I think it’ll be harder to do this year with a non-hit.

Depending on if BTS & Halsey’s new song takes off at radio… they would be a cool nominee.

I think Panic! at The Disco has an outside shot with “Look Ma!”

Lil Dickey’s song comes out tonight… it’s looking like it’s going to be a humorous “We Are The World” about global warming featuring various artists. We’ll see how that turns out.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

People already considering that upcoming meme song…

I heard this “earth” Snippet and it’s already the most stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

I will always love you

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop categories are super weak right now… only for sure contenders: Pop Solo Ariana Grande – “7 Ringz” (I have a hunch this might be her submission choice) Halsey – “Without Me” Billie Ellish – “When The Party’s Over” Even though the category is weak, I don’t predict Lady Gaga will get nominated here for another non-single after winning last year. Also, watch out for a submission from Beyoncé! At this point she’d be good as gold to get nominated. I’d personally submit “Before I Let Go” here instead of R&B. Assuming Taylor stays pop, she’ll have a decent shot at getting in as long as the single isn’t overproduced and too light-weight (“Look What You Made Me Do”). 

Lol if Ariana submits 7 Rings I’m not even sure she’d be nominated there.

I don’t see pop voters liking the song “you like my hair? gee thanks! Just bought it”…

cL94
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure who submits what, but I hope Ariana’s submissions aren’t as lazy as last years. NTLTC should’ve been submitted for way more than just SOTY, but i’m getting a bit off topic now

I think Taylor will come back stronger than rep. and I’m certain she’ll be a front runner with the year being so short. Ariana, billie, Mark Ronson, Maggie Rogers and Hozier will be ones to watch as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.