Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,006 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
DC95
  • DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Beyoncé is automatically the frontrunner for Music Film. Lemonade was thought to be a shoo-in and it lost. Adele broke all kinds of records with her live album/DVD and didn’t even get nominated even though the Grammys worship her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

Lemonade was disgustingly snubbed…Btw is Bohemian Rhapsody eligible for Best music film because it’s a music film (biopic of one of the biggest musicians of all time)? And Beyonce has NO chance of winning AOTY or any category with this live album

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw is Bohemian Rhapsody eligible because it’s a music film (biopic of one of the biggest musicians of all time)?

Please. We’ve had enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Not this Beyoncé in AOTY talk again…predicting Homecoming is just as bizarre as some of you were predicting Everything Is Love last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw is Bohemian Rhapsody eligible because it’s a music film (biopic of one of the biggest musicians of all time)?

It’s not.

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

LMFAO beyonce ain’t getting into album of the year with some flop live album that will be forgotten next week. the bey stans are something else.

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not.

Which music film candidates we have this year besides Beyonce?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé will certainly submit one of the tracks to R&B Performance, and knowing the Grammys, they will nominate her. See “Halo” (Live) and “Me, Myself & I” (Live). Or they could nominate “Before I Left Go,” which is a studio recording.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Which music film candidates we have this year besides Beyonce?

Well, for one, there’s Childish Gambino.

Never mind the fact that most of the people who end up winning that category are acts who don’t get discussed on this board.

EDIT: Taylor Swift too.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DC95.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DC95.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé will certainly submit one of the tracks to R&B Performance, and knowing the Grammys, they will nominate her. See “Halo” (Live) and “Me, Myself & I” (Live). Or they could nominate “Before I Left Go,” which is a studio recording.

Before I Let Go seems the most likely for R&B Perf. Probably also something (Love On Top?) in Traditional R&B. I Been On in Rap Performance/Song too, but it might be too old to be eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

Before I Let Go seems the most likely for R&B Perf. Probably also something (Love On Top?) in Traditional R&B. I Been On in Rap Performance/Song too, but it might be too old to be eligible.

But she’s not winning any of that

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

But she’s not winning any of that

OK? I didn’t say she was. I didn’t even say she was getting nominated for any of those.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevermore
    Participant
    Topics:

The last time released a Live album she earned 2 nominations from it.

She can get in AOTY. Its a very weak year and she’s much bigger than she was in 2010. And has accumulated 2 more AOTY nominations since then.

But not for her live albums. She was also much bigger in last year than she was in 2010, and failed to get nominated for AOTY. She can get a few noms for this album, and she probably will, but my point is her chances for getting nominated for AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

To be completely honest, Homecoming seems like a more likely AOTY winner than any of the albums released so far. I love them to death, but Ariana, Billie, and Gaga just don’t cut it for me; their albums surely will get a nomination, but neither sounds like Album of the Year for me. At least Beyoncé could be awarded as an apology for the Lemonade snub.

However, as of right now, I only see it in Music Film and some performance category.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The most Beyoncé will get in terms of nominations will be Traditional R&B Performance for “Before I Let Go” & Best Music Film.

AOTY for a LIVE album seems unlikely.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.